Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Manziel Release

41,832 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Threadbare
UnderTheHillAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.cfl.ca/2019/02/27/alouettes-release-johnny-manziel/

It was only a matter of time, let's face it Ags, not every college stud is gonna be a successful pro no matter how electric they were...
Galborathelion
Texagsubscriber
AAF bound?
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
#Mke
AG
Texagsubscriber said:

AAF bound?
I bet the AAF goes after him HARD
VikingNik
AG
So what did he violate? Something that is now fully legal in Canada?
ColoradoMooseHerd
So reading the article.... Assume failed drug test?
bac
AG
Dallas XFL, baby!
Texagsubscriber
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
CFL specifically prohibits the usage of cell phones made of US currency, by its members.
Improperly secured sunglasses are not prohibited, but frowned upon.

AGGies0311
The $100 is worth more than his signature ever will be. Hell, maybe the money is more valuable than his Heisman.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Quote:

"We are disappointed by this turn of events. Johnny was provided a great deal of support by our organization, in collaboration with the CFL, but he has been unable to abide by the terms of his agreement," said General Manager Kavis Reed in a statement. "We worked with the league and presented alternatives to Johnny, who was unwilling to proceed."

Lilly Biucci
AG
Bob Stoops has seen first hand how good Johnny can be. I wouldn't be surprised to see him give JFF a chance on the Dallas XFL team. I'd certainly go to some of those games.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

The $100 is worth more than his signature ever will be.
He flooded the market with autographed items. You can get an autographed 8x10 for $20.
ConLaw
AG
texasaggie84 said:

He has got to be one of the biggest idiots of all time. He needs to just go away.
In my opinion, Johnny's not an idiot--he's an addict. Addiction is a disease. He hasn't hit rock bottom yet. Hopefully, when he does, he will survive it and choose to join a 12 step program. He'll keep using until that happens.
AG
Is there confirmation that the reason for his release was substance abuse?
vander54
S
The only idiots are the ones speculating on this thread and blasting Johnny with 0 facts.

None of us know why he was released. It could be a petty CFL thing or it could be serious.
txagman1998
AG
Quote:

AAF bound?

So will the correct acronym be JFFAAF, AAFJFF, or JAFFFF?
aggies1960
Any other ideas on what it might be?
BrandoC
AG
carbon copy
Can't fix stupid.
rsf0626
I loved JFF as much as the next person at A&M, but he's irrelevant now. Maybe time for him to find a desk job
AggieBlu
AG
"We are disappointed by this turn of events. Johnny was provided a great deal of support by our organization, in collaboration with the CFL, but he has been unable to abide by the terms of his agreement," said Reed. "We worked with the league and presented alternatives to Johnny, who was unwilling to proceed.

What does that really mean tho!?!?!?!
Gardening Ag
ConLaw said:

texasaggie84 said:

He has got to be one of the biggest idiots of all time. He needs to just go away.
In my opinion, Johnny's not an idiot--he's an addict. Addiction is a disease. He hasn't hit rock bottom yet. Hopefully, when he does, he will survive it and choose to join a 12 step program. He'll keep using until that happens.

Maybe all those superhuman plays in college or because he was cranked up. Sober, he looks average.

AggieFox
Johnny sees that Justin Trudeau is destroying Canada. Smart move. He's a visionary. ;-)
Rev. Johnny Vegas
AG
ConLaw said:

texasaggie84 said:

Thank you! Addiction is a disease, and as a sober alcoholic myself, I hope Johnny Manziel can get the help he needs.
LesterHaze
Texagsubscriber said:

$100 "an" signature??
aTm2004
AG
texasaggie84 said:

Who is a bigger idiot...the guy who lost a CFL contract for reasons unknown, or the guy who calls him an idiot before knowing why the contract was terminated?
saw em off
Y'all are all assuming the reason was the same reasons of Johnny's past. It may be, it may not be, but until that reason surfaces, quit speculating!
vander54
S
aTm2004 said:

texasaggie84 said:

Who is a bigger idiot...the guy who lost a CFL contract for reasons unknown, or the guy who calls him an idiot before knowing why the contract was terminated?

I know! I know!
aTm2004
AG
saw em off said:

Y'all are all assuming the reason was the same reasons of Johnny's past. It may be, it may not be, but until that reason surfaces, quit speculating!
Yep. This statement from the article tells me it wasn't substance but probably money/options. It sounds like they reached an impasse and cut ties.

Quote:

"We worked with the league and presented alternatives to Johnny, who was unwilling to proceed.
PatAg
AG
The phrase at the end about Johnny not wanting to do the alternatives they provided is interesting. They can't disclose why he failed according to the contract apparently. It's possible this isn't a bad thing, but it doesn't seem likely.
TheDraw
AG
I maybe of this lone opinion but........**** Canada. Who the hell plays with 12 players and has the football field that is the equivalent of a Knox painting. Push your damn goal posts back. There is only ONE 50 yard line. Price your chicken wraps accordingly. Thank god I can see Johnny play on American soil.

WELCOME HOME JOHNNY!

agnerd
AG
aggies1960 said:

Any other ideas on what it might be?
Sure. Could be that he was late to practice. Or that he said a curse word during a team meeting. Or that he didn't have the right color shoes on. Or he said something mean on the internet. Or that his he didn't want to make unpaid public appearances. And I have exactly as much proof of all of my theories as everyone else does for their substance abuse theory.
Saint Pablo
schmellba99
AG
4 said:

Is there confirmation that the reason for his release was substance abuse?
Nope.

But hey, it's JFF, guys like that Aggies0311 sit around and go from 6 to midnight everytime he turns out to not be a saint and come running to post on threads like this.

Could well be, JFF hasn't made the best of decisions, but it could be a thousand other things as well. Generally when something like this happens and there isn't a specific reason given, it's because the organization was looking for an out and found some obscure loophole. Who knows? Wouldn't surprise me either way to be honest.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.