Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

uhhhh.....this game is going to happen

21,959 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
DANManman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't get this whole "lapdog" posit. We're in different conferences. We have the 2 most valuable programs. The game will probably not even be on a yearly basis. Finally, the 2 programs compete in the other sports. What part of this smacks of "we're running back to sip?" All this noise is strictly from the powers that be, on both sides, seeing value in renewing the rivalry. To what extent this benefits us remains to be seen.
dixichkn
AG
It doesn't. At all. Therefore no need for us to submit to something that's only going to benefit them
Skull Session
Solution to the problem: All those A&M students who want to play those *******s, give them a pink slip and an orange dildo and let them head over to austin to be with their little butties. Sharp says the legislature isn't picking up the tab for them anyway. Send them on their way.

We have been much better off financially not having anything to do with those jugheads. Leave it at that. Don't screw with what's been working.
monarch
S
Let's just play the b******s already. They have scoreboard on us...
West Point Aggie
AG
monarch said:

Let's just play the b******s already. They have scoreboard on us...

This actually bothers you, huh?
Let’s Go Brandon!
gocobra
AG
'Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.

The current students are enjoying the benefits of all the hard work and pain us former students went through to move into a better conference and away from the sips. They have not experienced the past relations we have had with tu so they don't know any better.

"IF" we ever start playing tu again they will look back on that decision as a turning point, and not a positive one.

Just as moving to the SEC (and away from tu) was a major turning point upward for our program... playing tu again will mark the start of a downturn in our program. Trust us, your former students who lived it, it will not turn out all rosy like you think it will.

Not afraid of playing the game.... it's not a macho thing... Hell we play Bama and lsu and all them other SEC teams... We are NOT Scared of playing anybody.

We former students are just smart enough to learn from history and we KNOW the SIPS are bad news for TAMU. Why invite them into the new house we built so they can trash it from the inside? Leave 'em on the curb ranting and waving their BS.

Don't do it Aggies. We will all regret it.
West Point Aggie
AG
Just like this forum is riddled with essentially the same thread over and over and over and over again, it is unsurprising to note that the internet is filled with the same "resume the rivalry" article that many times over! Literally the same article with the same quotes and the same talking points! I guess the off season affects everyone....even "journalists"
Let’s Go Brandon!
Pumpkinhead
AG
gocobra said:

'playing tu again will mark the start of a downturn in our program.

A&M is in a different conference now. That is a huge difference than what the situation was prior to 2012.

a) The game can realistically be scheduled while also playing another P5 school, as Florida for example often does playing Florida State every season and then also another P5. IMO, what would be the most optimal situation for Aggie season ticket holders if your non-con home games could be Texas + 2 cupcakes or another P5 + 2 cupcakes every season. You are paying a bunch of $$ for those season tickets, there is no downside to getting rid of one of those crappy cupcake games if you can and replacing it with a game versus the Longhorns. That is more value for your money.

b) Texas is in the Big 12, A&M is in the SEC, you don't have to worry about that 'little brother' crap anymore or tu having any undue influence over your conference leadership. You are in different conferences, with different conference admin & leadership. Stop worrying about this and living in the past where tu trying to manipulating conference management was a real concern. You don't have to worry about that anymore. You are in the SEC, not the SWC or Big 12 w/ the sips.

c) Texas is going to recruit great in-state with or without you playing them. They are the longhorns and a flagship university of the state. They are not going anywhere. Nor are you going anywhere. Nobody is going to 'wither on the vine' to permanent irrelevance, both schools are way too big and rich for that to happen.
OldCorpsTerd86
AG
Ihatefallscounty said:

I'm 30, so I .
so you're new army. don't play the game.
I am here for the comments.
Agvet12
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

gocobra said:

'playing tu again will mark the start of a downturn in our program.

A&M is in a different conference now. That is a huge difference than what the situation was prior to 2012.

a) The game can realistically be scheduled while also playing another P5 school, as Florida for example often does playing Florida State every season and then also another P5. IMO, what would be the most optimal situation for Aggie season ticket holders if your non-con home games could be Texas + 2 cupcakes or another P5 + 2 cupcakes every season. You are paying a bunch of $$ for those season tickets, there is no downside to getting rid of one of those crappy cupcake games if you can and replacing it with a game versus the Longhorns. That is more value for your money.
we can play but the SECw > SECe as a whole, until the sec requires 2 P5 games OOC it won't happen. Play and simple - that said playing the sips negates our other OOC P5 opponents. We won't schedule 2 until were required to do so. That's that. Lol

b) Texas is in the Big 12, A&M is in the SEC, you don't have to worry about that 'little brother' crap anymore or tu having any undue influence over your conference leadership. You are in different conferences, different conference admin & leadership. Stop worrying about this. This isn't the SWC or Big 12.
good lol let them wallow and piss and moan about their ****ty conference as they try and keep up the Jones's.

c) Texas is going to recruit great in-state with or without you playing them. They are the longhorns and a flagship university of the state. They are not going anywhere. Nor are you going anywhere. Nobody is going to 'wither on the vine' to permanent irrelevance, both schools are way too big and rich for that to happen.
we won't play them until we're required to play 2 OOC P5 opponents - bowl season is a different story. Honestly if you think the game will hold the same lure a decade from after we schedule them you're silly. It's not even a big national news now, only regional. Sure espin and cbs put our opinion articles every now and again for clicks - as a whole no one cares outside Texas lol

Pumpkinhead
AG
When A&M has played tu in baseball or basketball since the divorce from the Big 12, those games have seemed to get lots of attention and excitement from the fanbases. At the end of the day, fans love rivalry games.

I would guarantee almost every poster on this thread saying they don't want to play tu, if the game did happen, would still buy a ticket if it was affordable and possible for them to attend that football game. Ya'll would be like any crack addict...sure, you are saying right now 'Oh no I don't want that, please don't do that', but later if that game is put front of your faces, you will greedily consume it.

Now, if somebody who is against playing tu in football, if they tell me that they are so against the idea that they would not even watch the game if it does eventually happen, that would be pretty impressive will power!
TonySoprano
New army here. I voted no
Artimus Gordon
1. Yes A&M is in a different conference now! There are damn good reasons for that too, lest some of you forgot about that. If a game with them was so damn important to us we should have stayed in the BIG 12. Let's keep it that way.

2. WE DON'T NEED A GAME WITH THEM ANYMORE. Ark, Miss State, Ole Miss, S Car, Auburn, Alabama, LSU, & Clemson & Georgia this year are all BIG GAMES. Thats 9 Big games in one year. We don't need a game with Texas with a lineup like that. They can't come close to that in the Big12. That's 9 out of 12 games that are BIG Games.

3. WE offered to continue the series back in 2011. THEY turned it down. THEY should have thought something like this might happen back in 2011. That window has closed. Just like the window to get into the SEC. It's closed for years to come. THEY just need to quit whining and crying about.

4. WITHOUT THE LONGHORNS ON THE SCHEDULE, We have generated more revenue and more profit than any other Athletic Department in the nation. And that is with dragging Billy Kennedy around with us for the last 8 years. Don't mess with what's working.

6. I don't give a damn who Florida or South Carolina plays in non-conference. That's their business, we don't have to do what they do. In fact none of the so-called in-state rivalry games that are played have much if any interest outside of the state that they are played in. In other words little NATIONAL INTEREST. The only rivalry that has national interest is Mich & Ohio State, because a large portion of the country wants to see if a 2 or 3 loss Hairball team can knock Ohio state out of the championship playoff series. BTW, it was a lousy game this year and Ohio State still got knocked out. SO BFD about their rivalry.

7. TCU, Tech, Baylor, are no longer big games to us. That ship has sailed. In fact it would be a downer to see them on our schedule. Playing them does not have one damn thing to do with what our goals are now. So what is so damn important to some about playing the Sips. It's a bowl game to them, because of their lousy ass Big 12 schedule, it is just another game to us, when you have the lineup we do, plus it is a distraction away from what we are trying to accomplish in the SEC. And on top of all that you would have to split the revenue from the game with them. We are NO. 1 revenue and profit now why sacrifice one of your buy games to play those SOB's and lose revenue. It is NOT WORTH IT FINANCIALLY nor does anything toward our goal of winning the SEC west and playing in the conference championship game. SO FORGET ABOUT IT.

FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

When A&M has played tu in baseball or basketball since the divorce from the Big 12, those games have seemed to get lots of attention and excitement from the fanbases. At the end of the day, fans love rivalry games.

I would guarantee almost every poster on this thread saying they don't want to play tu, if the game did happen, would still buy a ticket if it was affordable and possible for them to attend that football game. Ya'll would be like any crack addict...sure, you are saying right now 'Oh no I don't want that, please don't do that', but later if that game is put front of your faces, you will greedily consume it.

Now, if somebody who is against playing tu in football, if they tell me that they are so against the idea that they would not even watch the game if it does eventually happen, that would be pretty impressive will power!
This is a straw man. There are pages and pages (and more pages) of people laying out why they think renewing the game is a bad idea. I have yet to see a list that includes a hypothetical lack of ticket demand as a reason.
Ihatefallscounty
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

Kentatm said:

Ihatefallscounty said:

evanpd16 said:

Every single argument for not playing the game comes from the fear of losing the damn game. Play the damn game
says guy with no ag tag

Whenever somebody brings up the lack of an AgTag as some sort of boom it means they are getting their ass kicked in an argument and really really really want to change the subject to hopefully divert attention from that fact.

Says the guy with no Ag Tag.
Blue parachute for you good sir!
I live in waco....therefore, I am ready to move elsewhere.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

The ones who have the right to vote to finally play our bitter rival?
You previously said in the Fall you would finally have an AgTag, meaning you're not a student yet.

Now you're claiming that you're a student.

If either one of those were true, what would you know about "our bitter rival?"

Pick a lie and stick with it, troll.

*damnit, just realized I'm replying to an old thread

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.