Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

OU beats Bama

14,673 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by rbcs_2
OldShadeOfBlue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ClassOf17 said:

You realize JFF was completely new for SEC defenses and brought one the rise of fast paced offenses in the conference, correct?

Saban had 6 years to figure out how to stop them and he really only needed one (beat JFF in 13).
Don't kid yourself. JFF's 2013 performance was twice what he did in 2012. Saban never figured out Johnny.
JustisWalkert
AG
OP, next time you have a thought..............let it go.

lil_frog8
AG
Most of you are forgetting the fact that Bama's starting defense has been basically going against a physically stronger version of Kyler all year in Hurts if they have the back up go against the starting D in practice. Or the fact that they go against an arguably better all around quarterback than Kyler in Tua if they go good against good. Its not going to be like Bama will have to get prepared for seeing a quality 5* QB or a 5* WR with elite speed for the first time, those players are on the scout team at Bama. Bama will not get out athleted by OU their only hope is that Lincoln can put together the triple option between now and the 29th because that is the only thing Bama has struggled with scheme wise all year.
Agsrback12
HoustonAg2106 said:

ClassOf17 said:

You realize JFF was completely new for SEC defenses and brought one the rise of fast paced offenses in the conference, correct?

Saban had 6 years to figure out how to stop them and he really only needed one (beat JFF in 13).

With over 500 yards of offense and like 5 touchdowns I wouldn't say he figured out how to stop Manziel in 2013...

Sadly, our 2013 defense was better than this Efense OU is trotting out there. Kyler will be stopped at least 3 times and that is all it takes to beat OU by 21
Macarthur
I do think the OU OL vs. Bama DL is going to be fun to watch. OU has a couple of early draft picks in that OL. Ford is a freaking badass.
A New Hope
HoustonAg2106 said:

Fedup said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Kyler could throw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns and still lose by two touchdowns and people on here will be talking about how big of a fraud he is. Kyler will get his numbers, but OU cannot stop Alabama...should be a good game to watch.
Tsips beat Kyler. Pretty sure saban can too.
Kyler had almost 400 yards of offense and scored 5 touchdowns in that game, your response was exactly my point...

you think bama defense isn't any better than the tsips?
HoustonAg2106
AG
Fedup said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Fedup said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Kyler could throw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns and still lose by two touchdowns and people on here will be talking about how big of a fraud he is. Kyler will get his numbers, but OU cannot stop Alabama...should be a good game to watch.
Tsips beat Kyler. Pretty sure saban can too.
Kyler had almost 400 yards of offense and scored 5 touchdowns in that game, your response was exactly my point...

you think bama defense isn't any better than the tsips?

I don't think it's crazy to think that Kyler could throw for 300 yards and 3 or 4 touchdowns against Alabama, I'm just saying it won't be enough because OU's defense is going to give up 50+ points and that shouldn't be considered Kyler's fault.
JonSnow
OU has the best offense in college football. But they will have to score on every possession to win. OU's D sucks but they have made a few big plays lately. I don't think they will win, but Kyler gives them the best chance of any playoff team of pulling off the upset.
DSAG
Aggie said:

If Kyler played for A&M and Johnny played for Ou.. everyone on this board would be screaming how Kyler is GOAT.

99% on this board are so over the top biased to everything A&M and SEC
Everyone should be biased to some degree but for most on this board it's blinding them.

Kyler is just as good as Johnny was.
Kyler would have put up numbers in the SEC as well.

Very well said.
I like to think I'm objective also.
VikingNik
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

ClassOf17 said:

With over 500 yards of offense and like 5 touchdowns I wouldn't say he figured out how to stop Manziel in 2013...

Seriously. Terrible take that Saban figured out JFF.
EKUAg
AG
Bama can run the ball and play keep away from OU's offense. Army held the ball for almost 45 minutes vs OU. OU only ran 40 plays during regulation.
TyHolden
AG
Straight up bets?
PA24
AG
I am a BIG JFF fan, love the guy more than any Aggie player before or yet to come.

Kyler is a very special athletic and Sumlin should have never been hired in the first place. What a huge screw-up by the Houston Big Cigars.

Kyler is exceptional and as much as I hate OU, Kyler can perform well under pressure. If fact, better than most and I am putting money on it.

Lateralus Ag
AG
If OU Beats bama I will give the OP $1
Lateralus Ag
AG
Duggins90 said:

I am a BIG JFF fan, love the guy more than any Aggie player before or yet to come.

Kyler is a very special athletic and Sumlin should have never been hired in the first place. What a huge screw-up by the Houston Big Cigars.

Kyler is exceptional and as much as I hate OU, Kyler can perform well under pressure. If fact, better than most and I am putting money on it.

I think my opinion of Sumlin is pretty well known here. But when Sumlin was hired he was getting a LOT of attention from a lot of places. I don't really think it is fair to blame the folks that hired him. Hindsight seems pretty clear.

And holding on to him as long as we did seemed like a really bad idea at the time, but why roll through another coach when you are really looking for the Jimbo type hire.

In the end, it seems to have worked out pretty well. Those on here (I was NOT one of them) saying to be patient were right. Maybe for the wrong reasons. But they were right.
playoverruled
Murray will stink it up and yell at the team -
Playoverruled
Aggie_Journalist
AG
If tua is out, maybe. I'm not convinced Jalen Hurts can carve up a defense that knows to prepare for him, but OU does have an incredibly bad defense.

I keep thinking Georgia would win it all if they were in the playoffs and knew to prepare for Hurts - unless Alabama has another Qb down the roster ready to step off the bench and lead a second-half comeback. It's robbery that Georgia was left out.
tehmackdaddy
AG
Anyone who thinks Oklahoma can beat Bama isn't paying attention.

Physically, Oklahoma cannot hold up. It is going to be murderous.
fireinthehole
Alabama will curb stomp ou. I bet 50 for bama to cover.
You are the world, we are the USA, don't mess with us and we won't blow your $hit away.
JunctionNephew
Aggie said:

If Kyler played for A&M and Johnny played for Ou.. everyone on this board would be screaming how Kyler is GOAT.

99% on this board are so over the top biased to everything A&M and SEC
Everyone should be biased to some degree but for most on this board it's blinding them.

Kyler is just as good as Johnny was.
Kyler would have put up numbers in the SEC as well.

Kyler had his SEC days. He chose to go to the BDF. Quick outs are not going to beat Bama. He is going to have to go deep. He is not going to have 7 seconds to decide. Bama will go with their front 4 to contain and alternate the 5th or 6th rusher to come at him, the one that doesn't will spy him. I expect Saban will look to confuse him and hit him hard and often. Kyler will fold with the pounding.
cmac94
AG
Johnny was the best QB going offscript. It was hugely helpful to have Mike Evans. Kyler is a great QB but I think Bama can contain him and put immense pressure on him in the pocket. Once the pocket breaks down I dont think Kyler can complete the down field passes like JFF. He can hurt you with his legs but Bama has the speed to take away his running ability. Don't see this as a close game at all. Bama will cover easily.
Mr. Black
While anything is possible, a land thief victory over the gumps is extremely unlikely for one reason... OU simply cannot tackle on defense. Saban knows that. Therefore, I reckon that the gumps will run the ball a ton and play-action pass off of that, dominate TOP and win by a pretty comfortable margin.
HowdyTAMU
AG
It could be a Ty Detmer kind of day for Kyler
Emilio Fantastico
AG
JonSnow said:

OU has the best offense in college football. But they will have to score on every possession to win. OU's D sucks but they have made a few big plays lately. I don't think they will win, but Kyler gives them the best chance of any playoff team of pulling off the upset.

I would argue that Bama has the best offense in college football. If you go by scoring, OU scored 20 more points than Bama on the season.
OU had several games where they were forced to score until the end of the game because their defense sucked so bad. Meanwhile, Bama's starting QB rarely played in the 4th quarter as Satan called off the dogs once Bama was up by 4 or 5 scores.
Bama could've easily averaged another touchdown a game had they tried.
It will take a very sloppy uninspired effort by Bama for this not to be a 30 point game.
BattleCattle
Spotted Ag said:

Kyler is a great player. A really great player. He is nowhere near the GOAT FBS QB. That title belongs to Vince Young.
Battle Cattle.
BattleCattle
Duggins90 said:

This game reminds me of Johnny and 2012 Bama game.
Battle Cattle thinks, "Damn, has it been six years already?"
AGHouston11
AG
He will not risk getting hurt - will slide 5 yards sooner than normal.
owenfieldreams
The key to the game is how well the OU Oline blocks the Tide Dline. If OU can run the ball and protect KM the Sooners can win. If not, it could get ugly. To simplify this challenge just watch how well Creed Humphrey does against the Alabama Outland Trophy winning nose tackle. Although only a RS freshman, the 6'5", 324 lb. center was a 5 star recruit champion h.s. wrestler who Riley calls the best football player on OU's team and the best O-lineman he has ever seen. He is surrounded by an incredibly talented and experienced group of linemen. If Saban does what he usually does and goes "dime" in certain down and distance situations with one lb and only 4 rushing the passer and still gets pressure...game over.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Creed Humphrey. Yet another Sumlin recruiting failure. Get the early commit only to lose them in the end.
Triple-T
AG
Land thieves will get locked up for this one.

And while Kyler may have had a truly great season, jff is head-and-shoulders above him on any given day.
TyperWoods
JFF did it with a much better defense that made a play when it mattered. And Bob.

And barely won.

Alabama going in dry . I doubt Kyler finishes the game.
Lateralus Ag
AG
BattleCattle said:

Spotted Ag said:

Kyler is a great player. A really great player. He is nowhere near the GOAT FBS QB. That title belongs to Vince Young.
Battle Cattle.

Vints isnt even in the top five.
lotoarmy
AG
OP, let me address this simply, you are so full of sh**!!!!!!
Last of the Old Army
Z Team
AG
Don't forget OU took OT to beat Army because they could run the ball and then they barely beat tu the second time around. Gonna get trashed. I hope the Big dumpster fire gets exposed and they don't hand another heisman to them for 10 years because it was so exposed. OU hasn't played a good defense all year and hasn't practiced against one in years. No chance they are able to dethrone the king.
ntxVol
owenfieldreams said:

The key to the game is how well the OU Oline blocks the Tide Dline. If OU can run the ball and protect KM the Sooners can win. If not, it could get ugly. To simplify this challenge just watch how well Creed Humphrey does against the Alabama Outland Trophy winning nose tackle. Although only a RS freshman, the 6'5", 324 lb. center was a 5 star recruit champion h.s. wrestler who Riley calls the best football player on OU's team and the best O-lineman he has ever seen. He is surrounded by an incredibly talented and experienced group of linemen. If Saban does what he usually does and goes "dime" in certain down and distance situations with one lb and only 4 rushing the passer and still gets pressure...game over.
I agree, if Bama gets pressure up the middle then it's game over. Kyler is just too damn short to be effective in that scenario.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.