Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

OU beats Bama

14,708 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by rbcs_2
Turf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Kyler is as good as Johnny (sorry but true)

You may want to hold on to your money right there. One would take on a hit and even run down a turnover and get involved to get the ball back. The other slides at the first sign of contact. Not even remotely close. Not saying the athletic ability isn't similar but the heart is way different.

Bet your money your way but if you feel that Kyler is anywhere near the competitor that JFF was get off the acid my friend.
Gyles Marrett
OP is smoking some quality stuff. Just buy more of it rather than donating money on the idiotic bets your mentioning.
Oscar Diggs
AG
In the Bama game, Manziel's Heisman photo moment was him stiff arming the Bama defender to continue going up field for more yards. Great gritty run.

Kyler would have been sliding five yards prior to contact.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Kyler could throw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns and still lose by two touchdowns because of his defense, but people on here will be talking about how big of a fraud he is. Kyler will get his numbers, but OU cannot stop Alabama...should be a good game to watch.
VikingNik
AG
We actually had a really good defense in 2012... Not deep, but the starters were good. When three of them had to sit out the LA Tech game you saw what happened. OU has no defense.
A New Hope
HoustonAg2106 said:

Kyler could throw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns and still lose by two touchdowns and people on here will be talking about how big of a fraud he is. Kyler will get his numbers, but OU cannot stop Alabama...should be a good game to watch.
Tsips beat Kyler. Pretty sure saban can too.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Fedup said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Kyler could throw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns and still lose by two touchdowns and people on here will be talking about how big of a fraud he is. Kyler will get his numbers, but OU cannot stop Alabama...should be a good game to watch.
Tsips beat Kyler. Pretty sure saban can too.
Kyler had almost 400 yards of offense and scored 5 touchdowns in that game, your response was exactly my point...
Deputy Travis Junior
Frok said:

I think this is an intriguing match up. OU's defense is terrible but their offense is explosive. Bama's defense is still solid but not as strong as it's been before. However their offense is the best it's been as well.

I think OU will hang in there and make it exciting but Bama will pull away in the end.

In conference play (10 games including the conference title), Oklahoma held an opponent to less than 27 points all of one time. They allowed 33+ 5x and 40+ 4x. Their defense isn't just trash it's barely existent. Alabama may not punt all game.

This Alabama offense is a step down from past defenses but they at least play. They'll get some stops.

Alabama by a lot unless Tua shows up drunk and is missing wide open passes.
zephyr88
AG
Gumps gonna kill the Land Thieves.

I honestly hope that Kyler makes it out of the game without injury.

Oh, and Kyler < JFF.
Aggie
AG
If Kyler played for A&M and Johnny played for Ou.. everyone on this board would be screaming how Kyler is GOAT.

99% on this board are so over the top biased to everything A&M and SEC
Everyone should be biased to some degree but for most on this board it's blinding them.

Kyler is just as good as Johnny was.
Kyler would have put up numbers in the SEC as well.

jp95
AG
No way OU wins this game. The difference is Saban never saw Johnny coming. They know exactly what Kyler is all about and he will be broken into 95 pieces by the time Bama is through with him.
doar823
AG
leave your serious cash at home...Poop slap or gtfo
Strategy
AG
Alabama is going rape Oklahoma. OU hasn't faced a front 7 like this or SEC cornerbacks for that matter. The physical element of our conference will be the neutralizer and force Murray into multiple intercepetions.

Georgia is going to run a train on Texas. I'm looking forward it. It will not be suitable for children to view.
C4D
AG
When kyler doesnt shy away from hits and plays 2 seasons in the SEC let us know. Till then JFF>kyler the slider
ntxVol
Depends on how much pressure Bama can put on Murray. OU's OL looks pretty damn good but I just can't imagine Murray getting 10 seconds in the pocket vs Bama. After Bama hits Murray a few times, he will not look like a Heisman QB.
Ag4coal
Aggie said:

If Kyler played for A&M and Johnny played for Ou.. everyone on this board would be screaming how Kyler is GOAT.

99% on this board are so over the top biased to everything A&M and SEC
Everyone should be biased to some degree but for most on this board it's blinding them.

Kyler is just as good as Johnny was.
Kyler would have put up numbers in the SEC as well.

This board is very biased, but I don't think that's true. The eye test told you all you needed to know about Johnny. He was other worldly.

Now that would create the issue that Johnny would have still put his numbers up in a much weaker conference and kyler in a much stronger one, but still
JunctionNephew
Ty Detmer.....the sequel.
Ag4coal
Also, I'm pretty sure Bama can win this game without throwing a pass. Might even be a better outcome.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
ntxVOL said:

Depends on how much pressure Bama can put on Murray. OU's OL looks pretty damn good but I just can't imagine Murray getting 10 seconds in the pocket vs Bama. After Bama hits Murray a few times, he will not look like a Heisman QB.

The thing is the OU Oline has been going against very weak DLines so its hard to tell if they are good or not.
APHIS AG
Frok said:

I think this is an intriguing match up. OU's defense is terrible but their offense is explosive. Bama's defense is still solid but not as strong as it's been before. However their offense is the best it's been as well.

I think OU will hang in there and make it exciting but Bama will pull away in the end.

A&M led 14-13 going into the half against OU. We all know what happened in the second half.
Flexbone
Absolutely hilarious to see the low football IQ of so many. Go compare the defenses and the NFL talent Johnny played against...as FRESHMAN. Now look at who Kyler has olayed against. He's played ZERO projected Top 3 round picks this year. For reference, Mond has played TWENTY.

Oh, and add in the convenient fact that Kyler actually PLAYED IN THE SEC before. He sucked.

Strange how Stidham's best year by far was with Baylor, but then despite getting older, he "regressed" in the SEC. Yet both Murray and Grier sucked in the SEC but lit up the Big 12.
BanderaAg956
Classic example of someone with more money than sense!

Take all this "serious big money" and go donate it to a charity that supports a major hospital like Shriner's! At least someone will do some good with the cash you lose!
MaroonMachine
Ags 2012 defense is heads and shoulders better than Blow U's. Plus, on that day, Johnny had some magic going on. That catch your own fumble and hit Swope in the endzone was just crazy! I still watch that play, multiple times throughout the year. Was one helluva season....freakin LSU!
FriscoAg
AG
Defense wins championships. Always go with the team with the better defense. This comparison isn't close.
BrandoC
AG
Hell no. Bama kicks the living **** out of them. Our 2012 team had a better damn defense than Oklahoma has now.
pinche gringo
AG
zephyr88 said:

Gumps gonna kill the Land Thieves.

I honestly hope that Kyler makes it out of the game without injury.

Oh, and Kyler < JFF.

I want to see Bama break him in half.
dixichkn
AG
BrandoC said:

Hell no. Bama kicks the living **** out of them. Our 2012 team had a better damn defense than Oklahoma has now.
And it's not even close
dixichkn
AG
TMartin said:

Heisman committee may have done Bama a favor by giving the Heisman to Kyler.
My thought exactly. I doubt Bama needed a ton of motivation anyway but the Heisman committee damn sure gave it to them. Bama by 24+
Agsrback12
That 2012 team would be so undefeated with OUs schedule that the NCAA would have awarded us 2 extra wins due to the margin of victory week in and week out.

ClassOf17
You realize JFF was completely new for SEC defenses and brought one the rise of fast paced offenses in the conference, correct?

Saban had 6 years to figure out how to stop them and he really only needed one (beat JFF in 13).
jimmo

think Kyler could do that?
HoustonAg2106
AG
ClassOf17 said:

You realize JFF was completely new for SEC defenses and brought one the rise of fast paced offenses in the conference, correct?

Saban had 6 years to figure out how to stop them and he really only needed one (beat JFF in 13).

With over 500 yards of offense and like 5 touchdowns I wouldn't say he figured out how to stop Manziel in 2013...
dixichkn
AG
jimmo said:

think Kyler could do that?
He probably could. The question is if he WOULD. And I think we know the answer
BrandoC
AG
You guys are smoking crack if you think freaking Murray was better than Johnny. If A&M played in the Big Dumpsterfire that year, we would have went undefeated. Comparing Oklahoma schedule to our 2012-2018 schedules does not even come close to comparison. If you have a semi decent team in the BDF you will go 11-1.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Just for kicks I'd love to know what OP thinks 'BAS' stands for

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.