Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Will Jimbo bring back the icy whites?

18,972 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trillary Clinton
Showstopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie_Swag18 said:

How about we have these as a new alternate.
U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi you ugly.

Can you fit some more random crap on there, like maybe some maroon flames on the arms and some maroon and grey bike handle streamers on the helmet?
Aggie_Swag18
How about these?

Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
pinche gringo
AG
Stupid bevel looks stupid.
Indignitas
AG
I've heard tell that this, as seen in prison commissaries everywhere, is the origin of the term "icy white:"
http://www.mrsfreshleys.com/iced-honey-bun

So then it's only logical to ask: when do we get the "Zoom Zoom" and "Wam Wam" uniforms?

Nino Brown
IMHO, if you throw the ATM logo on the 56 uni's and it's money
saw em off
GoodAg Paulie said:

Didn't we break out some glow in the dark unis a couple years back for Halloween only to have it scheduled as a day game. But wore them anyway.
Yep, I think that was against USCe.
Whatthefunyo
If you don't like icy whites, you're gay.

Bayside Tiger Ag
These aren't the original icy whites, these are the newer "ice white" unis. The originals icey whites are what we wore when JFF kicked Saban's ass in Tuscaloosa.
MR Gadsden
How about we stick with the same Unis until we lose?
texag_89
ABATTBQ87 said:

1986 Road uniforms:

#8 for the piggies was my old HS QB, Greg Thomas.

One of the best Option QBs ever in the Lil' Southwest Conference and a 3 year starter @ Arky when it either us or them for the SWC Championship.

PS: Those were sweet away unis from above.

ABATTBQ87
AG
texag_89 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

1986 Road uniforms:

One of the best Option QBs ever in the Lil' Southwest Conference and a 3 year starter @ Arky when it either us or them for the SWC Championship.

Maybe one of the best option QB's, until Bucky Richardson!
yardwhisperer
AG
Geriatric Punk said:

And they looked stupid.

These were the coolest imo
mshipp88
Changing uniforms constantly is such a bush league move, feels like a tech or okie lite thing. All I personally want is white facemasks. Don't despise gray, it just seems so random. Like, why? White looks more classic and clean. And plus, c'mon, good teams rarely change uniforms. With as much rich history as there is in Aggieland, lets be consistent in our brand and let people fear that symbol. Just my stupid opinion.
Callate Donnie
Aggie_Swag18 said:

I actually like this one. I'm not sure if I'd ever want it worn on gameday, but I dig it.
Bayside Tiger Ag
Grey facemask though
texag_89
ABATTBQ87 said:

texag_89 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

1986 Road uniforms:

Maybe one of the best option QB's, until Bucky Richardson!

Yep, no argument there, but i was referring to the Lil' SWC.... Aka the old District 3-5A in the 1980's: The 8 West Texas High Schools from Midland, Odessa, Abilene, San Angelo and Big Spring.....

Thomas tore Mojo a new one before moving on the Arky.
Sparkie
AG
Callate Donnie said:

Aggie_Swag18 said:

I actually like this one. I'm not sure if I'd ever want it worn on gameday, but I dig it.

Need to shop ATM built into the face mask.
Harry Dunne
I love the icy whites

gigemags-99
AG
class_of_26_ag said:

Here's an idea:
Three stripes all the way down
No bevil on numbers

Home uniforms:
Maroon helmet
Maroon jersey
Maroon pants

Away:
Maroon helmet
White jersey
White pants

Alternate:
Gray helmet
Gray jersey
Gray pants

KW Driver

aggieclay
WHITE PANTS, ALWAYS!!!
terata
AG
I think tradition should be a determining factor in uniform color. A&M's original colors were red and gray. The gray color is a keeper. Maroon, White and Gray color combinations.
jeepdriver54
AG
yawn
jeepdriver54
AG
yawn
Dale Gribble
Alright grandpa.. its bedtime
wtr1975
AG
Thought we had been rid of you and your all talk and no show attitude, Coach Cool! Take it back to Arizona and see if you can sell it. We've got a coach who wants to prove it on the field rather than the cool "icy white" swag talk. See ya!
TexasAGGIEinAR
wtr1975 said:

Thought we had been rid of you and your all talk and no show attitude, Coach Cool! Take it back to Arizona and see if you can sell it. We've got a coach who wants to prove it on the field rather than the cool "icy white" swag talk. See ya!

Yeah, we had to bring out flashy uniforms to distract everyone from an average team and a predictable, average, lazy coach. I'd just assume stay traditional and compete. 98 throwbacks as the standard. Jimbo is focusing on toughness and winning; not how damn cute we can get with the uniform combos.
Stone44
AG
Just use the real maroon color. We have used a lighter shade that sucks. Mississippi State uses the true dark maroon that we seem to get away from.
geb83
AG
Quote:

Just use the real maroon color. We have used a lighter shade that sucks. Mississippi State uses the true dark maroon that we seem to get away from.

So true. Miss St uses a true maroon, one we used to, and it looks much better. Wish we would ease back to that shade of maroon.

And why do all those that seem so opposed to the shoulder stripes never seem to have an Ag Tag. Get one if you're an Ag and I'll take you more seriously. Otherwise, I think those that ***** so much about them recoginize the distinct look it gives us which makes us instantly recognizable.

I've posted it before, and it's the work of another more talented Ag, but there is a solution to our uniform debate and it's traditional, distinct and clean. Couple it w/ the darker shade of maroon and it works.
geb83
AG
Here you go. Distinct, clean and instantly recognizable.

Don't mess this up. It's a chance to have a unique look that can turn into a brand, if the wins come; and I trust Jimbo will do his part in that regard.
Aggiefanforever2012
AG
geb83 said:

Here you go. Distinct, clean and instantly recognizable.

Don't mess this up. It's a chance to have a unique look that can turn into a brand, if the wins come; and I trust Jimbo will do his part in that regard.
I like that the number is not beveled but I think the uniform has to say "Texas A&M" on the front of the jersey instead of the tiny logo. Every modern A&M uniform has had it, we have differeniant ourselves because we are not Alabama and their so many other dark red teams (MSU has idential uniforms as well), and it just feels right. Also a white facemask would be nice.
SoCalAg97
AG
schmellba99 said:

Home:

Maroon jersey
White pants
Maroon helmet with block logo, white facemask

Away:

White jersey
maroon pants
maroon helmet with block logo, white facemask

It's not that hard.

The maroon pants are garbage. Look high schoolish, I hate when I see the team run out there in them.
Joe Exotic
AG
geb83 said:

Quote:

So true. Miss St uses a true maroon, one we used to, and it looks much better. Wish we would ease back to that shade of maroon.

And why do all those that seem so opposed to the shoulder stripes never seem to have an Ag Tag. Get one if you're an Ag and I'll take you more seriously. Otherwise, I think those that ***** so much about them recoginize the distinct look it gives us which makes us instantly recognizable.

I've posted it before, and it's the work of another more talented Ag, but there is a solution to our uniform debate and it's traditional, distinct and clean. Couple it w/ the darker shade of maroon and it works.

I have all tags. The shoulder stripes are garbage.
HUDAT361
yardwhisperer said:

Geriatric Punk said:

And they looked stupid.

These were the coolest imo

I have to say and the players definitely dig them. They would get hyped for this.
geb83
AG
I must say that if you have a team that is eager, or even waiting to get to the week when they wear the "alternate", and "flash" uniforms to get hyped, then you have a severe problem on you team.

We need to settle on THE UNIFORM; one that is distinctly TEXAS AGGIES upon seeing. And one that each and every player cannot wait to strap it on when gameday arrives; where it's an honor to wear it.

And to have that sense of pride in being privileged enough to play this game at the highest level and for such a storied school with its tradition, that every player cannot wait to put it on again and dreads the day when they don it for the last time.

So much so that when the issue of an "alternate" uni is mentioned, the first thought they have is " Hey, I signed to play for Texas A&M, not some gimmicky marketing campaign so I could wear some "cool" uniform"..

Maybe the same way a Corps Turd or BQ feels at that last Final Review, when they put on the Boots for the last time as a student.

Just my thoughts. You all know my preference.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.