Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Will Jimbo bring back the icy whites?

18,952 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trillary Clinton
geb83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And yes, in my opinion, this is the one . . .

geb83
AG
I'm bumping this post just because my back is killing me once again, up late and can't sleep because of it . . . and I'm bored.

BUT, I still believe in my last post with my uniform preference.

Ok, go ahead and kill me with your key board now if you wish. . .

Yes. . . I'm old. . .
Lateralus Ag
AG
I think the general consensus is that you're right. That uniform is on point.
Punked Shank
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

I think the general consensus is that you're right. That uniform is on point.

Agreed but I'm afraid Adidas people will not make the uniform because it was originally on a public forum. So we'll never see it.

Adidas make it, please
94chem
I remember somewhere around 400 games in my ~40 years of following Aggie football. Don't remember, don't care what they wore a single time. More interested in football than primping.
aeon-ag
Geriatric Punk said:

And they looked stupid.

Looks like a paint job from a bass boat factory.
geb83
AG
94chem said:

I remember somewhere around 400 games in my ~40 years of following Aggie football. Don't remember, don't care what they wore a single time. More interested in football than primping.
I am humbled by your obvious, strategic football IQ and your apparent athletic talent, but I wasn't asking for snarky comments on my post.

When I was young, I could recite you all the players names, numbers and hometowns of those in the '70's.

Did you know Ed Simoninni, #77, was from Las Vegas, NV? Or that Lester Hayes, #75, used to stutter; and was so intimidated by Emory Bellard showing up to recruit him that he hid in the restroom of his high school until someone found him?

I too want to have the best players on the field and watch recruiting and progress, but I have realized that the coaches, especially in this digital, social media age where everyone and everything is hyped beyond reality, have the best grasp on that; and I trust that.

I am though interested in Texas A&M and our brand, and what, especially when we it seems have a national championship caliber coach, who might achieve that lofty goal after so may years. might do with it. What Jimbo does in the next few years, if it amounts to greatness as I hope it will, will live on . . . as will the uniform the team wears when they achieve it.

That's why I am interested in the topic and why I post on it. What happens over the next decade could decide our brand, and the uni is a part of that.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Geriatric Punk said:

And they looked stupid.

They wouldn't have looked as stupid if we hadn't gotten our asses beat by 35 points wearing them.
The Agly Duckling
lda6339 said:

Geriatric Punk said:

And they looked fantastic.

FIFY, now bring the hate
They DID look fantastic. I think many hate them because we played like ****. But those unis were sweet.
94chem
geb83 said:

94chem said:

I am humbled by your obvious, strategic football IQ and your apparent athletic talent, but I wasn't asking for snarky comments on my post.

When I was young, I could recite you all the players names, numbers and hometowns of those in the '70's.

Did you know Ed Simoninni, #77, was from Las Vegas, NV? Or that Lester Hayes, #75, used to stutter; and was so intimidated by Emory Bellard showing up to recruit him that he hid in the restroom of his high school until someone found him?

I too want to have the best players on the field and watch recruiting and progress, but I have realized that the coaches, especially in this digital, social media age where everyone and everything is hyped beyond reality, have the best grasp on that; and I trust that.

I am though interested in Texas A&M and our brand, and what, especially when we it seems have a national championship caliber coach, who might achieve that lofty goal after so may years. might do with it. What Jimbo does in the next few years, if it amounts to greatness as I hope it will, will live on . . . as will the uniform the team wears when they achieve it.

That's why I am interested in the topic and why I post on it. What happens over the next decade could decide our brand, and the uni is a part of that.

I've seen the highlights a thousand times, but I have no idea what the defense was wearing when they stuffed Bo, what Murray was wearing in the Baylor comeback, what color Parker had on when he went out at the one, what Toombs was wearing when he watched himself being chased down, what McGee was wearing when he puked and led the drive, or what Johnny was wearing when he torched OU. I'm not even sure I'm capable of remembering stuff like that. Maroon and white. Those are the 2 choices.
Bryanisbest
AG
Not enough maroon in icy whites.
TxAg76
AG
geb83 said:

And yes, in my opinion, this is the one . . .

Any photoshop wizards wanna take a stab at some away game combos using this scheme?
usmcaggie06
AG

Bring it back, for good.
"We will not waver; we will not tire; we will not falter; and we will not fail. Peace and freedom will prevail." - George W. Bush 2001

HTownAg
AG
RadAg14 said:

A maroon version of this helmet with this logo should be our primary helmet with a white version as alternate
wtr1975
AG
Some are more concerned and consumed with what the hat looks while others are taking care of and rounding up the cattle. Who cares about all hat no cattle - all talk and no show issues? It's hopefully a thing of the past - a weak minded phase that went the way of Coach Cool - good riddance to swag - Icy whites all for which they stand.
Reed McDonald 92
AG
With respect to Geb83, and all other fashionistas, I hope they choose the right combination of colors that leads to victory. Otherwise, I don't care.
geb83
AG
wtr1975 said:

Some are more concerned and consumed with what the hat looks while others are taking care of and rounding up the cattle. Who cares about all hat no cattle - all talk and no show issues? It's hopefully a thing of the past - a weak minded phase that went the way of Coach Cool - good riddance to swag - Icy whites all for which they stand.
Exactly why I seem to obsess over the issue. . .

If we settle on a brand, a look, a traditional uni with ties to the past that establishes that signature look, then maybe, JUST maybe, we won't obsess over what kind of alternate, "flash" uniforms Adidas might dream up, and what the team might don during the upcoming season. And honestly, the whole issue is driven by the likes of Adidas and Nike, and all the rest, who use it to drive their visibility and profit.

Our beloved alma mater is not a tool for them with which to play. THEY are the ones whom our Ath Dept has chosen to give the privilege of putting their brand on OUR uniform. And WE, not their design team and Mkt Dept, should call the shots.

We need to change our attitude: we are an account, a brand, a partnership that should be sought after and handled with care. And if you win that battle and sign us, then WE will decide what our uniform is, and you will be given the HONOR of putting your logo on it.

I MAY be biased, but that is how if feel. That's it!
Sgt. Schultz
AG

Our current all white uniforms are very good but the 1956 throwback road uniforms are the best. Heck, we should do a similar but maroon jersey for home. A real simple block T on the helmet or the ATM but no bevel and we are done.
Trillary Clinton
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

My favorite throwbacks were the 1939s

lol **** those uniforms

all they remind me of is when allen threw for 106 yards in a 5 point win at home, 11 am kick off, to freaking ULM

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.