Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Which RB will get the most carries behind Trayveon Williams?

7,704 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by technoviking
Shawnp56
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stars get thrown out the window once the kids step on campus.
They have a very strong group of rbs.
MaroonStain
AG
Bussey was BenMalena2.0...sucks if he hung up his spikes...
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Heaven forbid you mention Cullen Gillespia on this thread. I was admonished that he is NOT a running back on another thread.
https://texags.com/s/28731/30-players-in-30-days-30-buddy-johnson/5

Excuse me, but if you are a back that, by rule, runs the ball, you ARE a running back, i.e., a back who runs the ball.
Southlake
Valentine Toney Sanders Vick
aggiedent
AG
Quote:

As for the 2018 class, we signed one four star APB in Corbin and two three star backs in Prince and Strong.

Quote:

Therefore, we only have two 4-star running backs on our roster right now.

And might I remind you that Strong had an Alabama offer (8 SEC offers) and is a big back. I could see him getting playing time with his speed/size combo.
beerad12man
AG
cevans_40 said:

I hope Kibodi gets a chance. I really like how he runs the ball.

I have a feeling both kibodi and Bussey get passed pretty quickly. We took a 5 man running back haul for a reason. Fisher saw a great need to upgrade talent and depth. Only Williams really gets talked about so I think it's pretty clear the staff is wanting the fish to step up and push forward

I expect one top 3 to be Williams and 2 of the fish

If I'm really being honest Bussey and kibodi off the team by 2019, or change of position
S.A. Aggie
AG
MaroonStain said:

Bussey was BenMalena2.0...sucks if he hung up his spikes...

Hip injury this spring. He said in May that it felt better. Don't know what he decided. Hope he recovers completely!
He is a good man of the Lord. Prayers are with him.
dixichkn
AG
Yeah I hope Bussey sticks around too. Good kid and I always liked the effort he brought on game day
usmcbrooks
cevans_40 said:

Savior Jimbo said:

I doubt they ever give the ball to Gillespia other than goal line situations. Maybe 3rd and 1 or 4th and inches, but that's about it.

I'm calling it now. 1st play of the year will be fullback dive or short pass to tight end. No one will see either it coming.
FIFY

Didn't work so well against Wake Forest in the bowl game.
Tecolote
AG
TxAg76 said:

Josh_Ag99 said:

ABrandoC, with all due respect, what are you talking about?

Kibodi was a three star and has only appeared in four games for 119 yards.

Bussey was a three star, had limited action last season, and may not even be on the team anymore as he is not listed on the Spring 2018 roster.

Etwi only played in two games for 77 yards last season.

As for the 2018 class, we signed one four star APB in Corbin and two three star backs in Prince and Strong.

Therefore, we only have two 4-star running backs on our roster right now.

How exactly does this make us the "deepest at running back that we've ever been"? How long have you been following Aggie football?

Stars.......LOL
And Josh_Ag99 has no stars.
Amazing Moves
I'd go with Greg Hill, Rodney Thomas, Leeland McElroy and Detron Smith blocking for them. That's depth.

Most recent was Cyrus Gray, C-Mike, and Ben Melena

There are so many different sets you could use in A&M history that are on par with each other. I even think Sumlin had some quality RB combos that he just underutilized.

That's beside the point.

I think Strong will be getting carries. Corbin will be an APB in passing downs.
fosterag
AG
What is RB depth? I've always been satisfied with three guys, but Coach Pruitt at Tennessee commented at SEC Media days that four to six RB's are necessary in SEC play. He has many years at coaching in SEC. additionally; a high school football coach and friend of my son states that Vernon Jackson from Boling is the BEST high school football player he's ever seen. Vernon Jackson will be playing either defense or offense. He's that good. Currently A&M has Traveon, Etwi; Kibodi,Strong, Corbin and Jackson. I consider this very good depth.
Just my two cents
FriendlyAg
fosterag said:

What is RB depth? I've always been satisfied with three guys, but Coach Pruitt at Tennessee commented at SEC Media days that four to six RB's are necessary in SEC play. He has many years at coaching in SEC. additionally; a high school football coach and friend of my son states that Vernon Jackson from Boling is the BEST high school football player he's ever seen. Vernon Jackson will be playing either defense or offense. He's that good. Currently A&M has Traveon, Etwi; Kibodi,Strong, Corbin and Jackson. I consider this very good depth.
Just my two cents

Etwi is never going to play.
usmcbrooks
FriendlyAg said:

fosterag said:

Just my two cents

Etwi is never going to play.

Why do you think that?
beerad12man
AG
Because he'll be passed by multiple true freshmen now that we have bodies at the position
Lateralus Ag
AG
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

Heaven forbid you mention Cullen Gillespia on this thread. I was admonished that he is NOT a running back on another thread.
https://texags.com/s/28731/30-players-in-30-days-30-buddy-johnson/5

Excuse me, but if you are a back that, by rule, runs the ball, you ARE a running back, i.e., a back who runs the ball.

Are you still butthurt that you were called out for not knowing the difference between a running back and a FB?
Reno Hightower
Darren Lewis, Randy Simmons, Keith McAfee with Robert Wilson and Doug Carter at FB.
Reno Hightower
Curtis Dickey, Johnny Hector, Earnest Jackson, George Woodard.
chase128
AG
Etwi split a lot of reps with Williams in the spring. I think he's got the best chance to back up Williams.
vander54
S
chase128 said:

Etwi split a lot of reps with Williams in the spring. I think he's got the best chance to back up Williams.

You're forgetting the freshman. I'm sure things will change after fall practice
technoviking
AG
i don't care who totes the ball. it's gonna be awesome just watching whoever it is run behind a fullback!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.