Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

44-45... A Blessing in Disguise

17,654 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by NyAggie
Bill Superman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The 44-45 record-breaking comeback loss to UCLA in the 2017 opener was the greatest blessing in disguise worth of every bit of agony associated with it. Summy was on the hot seat prior to the seasok but still had an opportunity to salvage his career here with another mediocre season.

It was this loss that we first heard the rumors of Jimbo to aTm. We put some feelers out right after this devastating loss and reached out at the perfect time to get in Jimbo's mind just as his season began to falter, leading to his ultimate decision to come to the promised land.

While Jimbo has yet to coach a game in The Station, everything we have seen and heard from him and his staff have been nothing short of exemplary. We currently sit at #2 in overall crootin rankings (with arguably the #1 class), and he absolute cleaned house in short order to close the 2018 crootin class.

Jimbo is about to build a program to be proud of. Looking forward all of the sunshine pumping for years to come.
Lateralus Ag
AG
People said the same thing when we lost to sip in 2011.

#justsayin
Bone6
Watching the team last fall, I think Sumlin would have been gone regardless even if we'd squeaked out the win. The timeline would have also been different, but I think we still would have landed Jimbo. No one else looking for a coach had deep enough pockets to do it.
Flashdiaz
AG
Tired of our blessings always being disguised
aggie_fan13
AG
i encourage the optimism, but that was a complete and utter disgrace
aggiedent
AG
Just saying.............no...............just being your usual negative Nancy. Remember what I said about negativity and mental health? Just saying.
TexanJeff
AG
Gut punch.
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

#justsayin

And after 77-0
Lateralus Ag
AG
aggiedent said:

Just saying.............no...............just being your usual negative Nancy. Remember what I said about negativity and mental health? Just saying.

Remember what I said about being no happier and no more depressed than the next guy?

Just saying.
West Point Aggie
AG
Hey OP; it's better than BAS so mazel tov!
aggie_fan13
AG
I think this is pre BAS
West Point Aggie
AG
azulAg said:

I think this is pre BAS

Isn't everything here that!?! (In some form or another!?)
Post removed:
by user
Lateralus Ag
AG
"Crootin"?

No. Just no.
AGinHI
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Tired of our blessings always being disguised
I'm similarly tired of being the perpetual sleeping giant.

When we gonna wake the eff up!?
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
TXAG 05
AG
4 said:

Lateralus Ag said:

#justsayin

And after 77-0

77-0 was Fran's first season, we kept him for many years after that disaster
aggie_fan13
AG
Acceptance isn't
TexanJeff
AG
And let us ever speak of it again........
Windy City Ag
AG
We can still mention the pimp stick, right?
TexanJeff
AG
Windy City Ag said:

We can still mention the pimp stick, right?

No, it does too. Not even the GIF!
Post removed:
by user
Love Gun
Sumlin was gone either way.

Why?

1. Starkel and Wilson still got hurt
2. We still would have lost to Miss St, Alabama, Auburn and LSU...again
3. Mazzone was still our ineffective OC
4. Sumlin has been going through the motions for the prior 2 seasons
5. Chavis knew Sumlin was hot seated by Woodward, so he basically said screw it

Outside of Black Death getting pink slipped (typical Sumlin MO) , Terry Joseph running off and Cooper being a meh hire, absolutely nothing changed in the off season

8-5 Sumlin was still 8-5 (eventually 7-5) Sumlin
hillcountryag86
AG
A blessing? Sorry but there is nothing good, not even divine, about being on the short end of one of the biggest comebacks in college football history!
Jim Benson 63
AG
Funny, I was there and did not even remember the score.
"You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing."

"Wars don't determine who is right, they only determine who is left."
TexasAGGIEinAR
AggieAces06 said:

Who the hell says crootin?

That's just stupid.

Older folks trying to mix it up with younger folks. Hoping they relate. Unfortunately for that gentleman, most of us aren't young. Just say recruiting and give up the "I'm cool" bit. Also, who says "The Station"? That was a brutal post.
Al Bula
AG
Bill Superman said:

The 44-45 record-breaking comeback loss to UCLA in the 2017 opener was the greatest blessing in disguise worth of every bit of agony associated with it. Summy was on the hot seat prior to the seasok but still had an opportunity to salvage his career here with another mediocre season.

It was this loss that we first heard the rumors of Jimbo to aTm. We put some feelers out right after this devastating loss and reached out at the perfect time to get in Jimbo's mind just as his season began to falter, leading to his ultimate decision to come to the promised land.

While Jimbo has yet to coach a game in The Station, everything we have seen and heard from him and his staff have been nothing short of exemplary. We currently sit at #2 in overall crootin rankings (with arguably the #1 class), and he absolute cleaned house in short order to close the 2018 crootin class.

Jimbo is about to build a program to be proud of. Looking forward all of the sunshine pumping for years to come.
what a terrible post. Do all these thoughts in your head make you think this crap is thread worthy? Because its not.
OrygunAg
AG
Who could forget

Bodhi
AG
Bill Superman said:

you are an idiot sir. i was at the game and it sucked balls
S.A. Aggie
AG
Quote:

i encourage the optimism, but that was a complete and utter disgrace
Yes, but if we had pulled it out, we would still have KDS and Jimbo would have slipped away and we would have another mediocre season. For the first time ever, I am optimistic about our future.
hillcountryag86
AG
Sumlin was gone regardless of the outcome of that game.
Cancelled
AG
SeaAg96 said:

Who could forget

I was so pumped at that time. I needed tall glasses of bourbon to get me through the 4th quarter.
Saint Pablo
Why...just why...
West-0-ag
It ain't like it used to be!!! it ain't gunna be like it used to be!!!
Bill Superman
AG
Bodhi said:

Bill Superman said:

you are an idiot sir. i was at the game and it sucked balls

You paid to go watch that game in Cali? Who's the idiot
Bill Superman
AG
Rendered Fat said:

"The Station"?

Please don't ever say this again. Wow.

Get over yourself
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.