Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I think we should still play t.u. every year...

21,005 Views | 212 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Agvet12
Whatthefunyo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...change my mind.

Serious discussion points please. I want to know why some of y'all don't want to play them.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Whatthefunyo said:

...change my mind.
You're not the boss of me.
Raptor
AG
We made the power move to the SEC. They got stuck holding their dildo in their hands in the dumpster fire that is the BIG XII.

We've shown we can compete, but now we have to win. Adding a rivalry game to our brutal schedule is not advantageous to us. Also, when we win, they made not add that much to our strength of schedule.

Best to let them flounder in the dumpster and we'll try to conquer the mountain. If we meet in a bowl, so be it.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

mcag83
AG
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2949829
Like anyone can even know that.
Indignitas
AG
It may be a subtle point that is lost on many, but...

Raptor is the Master of the Universe.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Indignitas said:

It may be a subtle point that is lost on many, but...

Raptor is the Master of the Universe.

Agree to disagree about Raptor's status in the cosmos.

But the guy's not wrong. The Horns are reaping what they have sown.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
Stormchaser
AG
Quote:

Also, when we win, they made not add that much to our strength of schedule.
EOT for me.
aggiedent
AG
Quote:

. I want to know why some of y'all don't want to play them.

Their direct actions caused the exodus out of the Big XII and our move to the SEC. As a result, the move has benefitted us (recruiting, $$, etc.) and harmed tu. Harmed them because they are struggling in what is now a second tier conference.

I am a strong believer in that everyone is responsible for their actions and the consequences of those actions. tu would benefit from playing us more than we would from playing them. Why in HELL would we want to help them after all the crap they pulled? That's why I'm in the "no" camp.
ottc777
JodyMcD96
AG
They are the ones who told us that they wouldn't play us anymore since we left, they are the jilted and yet they act as if they were in the right to tell us to FOAD.

And now?

They think the game should be restarted. So what, now are supposed to simply do what they want because they changed their mind? Is that how you train a petulant child? How is that in our interest? How about we tell them when or if the series will be restarted. They made their decision and now they are living with the consequences.

Forget them.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
we needed another thread on this
FtLauderdaleAg91
AG
Yes! Because we know what is best in life!

We didn't quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
Dad-O-Lot
AG
The only way playing them would be to our advantage, or even neutral for us would be if we epically destroyed them for at least 10 years straight.

Anything short of that and as soon as we lose to them, we're back to "little brother" status in the eyes of non-Aggies. This will include many recruits.

This will never be a fairly judged rivalry of "equals". Better to move on and let them flounder and remember their "Glory Days".
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
C Loves L
The OP sucks at trolling which leads me to believe he sucks at just about everything IRL
AGinHI
AG
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
Bayside Tiger Ag
C Loves L said:

The OP sucks at trolling which leads me to believe he sucks at just about everything IRL

Can you do us all a favor and explain your username?
Jock 07
AG
I think you should stop posting
Wabs
AG
Jock 07 said:

I think you should stop posting
I think more people should post about OP not posting anymore.
gocobra
AG
I think we should still play t.u. every year... in Baseball.

There. Will that make you happy?
FishingAggie
We don't play women. We play in the SEC
Stinky T
AG
As a member of the SEC west, we are only going to play 1 ooc game per season against a name P5 team. I have no interest in that being tu every year. A home and home every once in awhile - maybe.
BTKAG97
AG
Why should Texas A&M help the t.u. athletic department?
NoahAg
It was one of the greatest rivalries in college football, up there with Michigan-tOSU. It's a shame it's gone.

Quote:

We've shown we can compete, but now we have to win. Adding a rivalry game to our brutal schedule is not advantageous to us. Also, when we win, they made not add that much to our strength of schedule.
Florida's not scared to play FSU every year (next best example of rivals in separate conferences). We shouldn't be scared of bringing the t.u. game back.
DayAg!
S
How bout I just ignore you're stupid request and you dont ever post again.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
NoahAg said:

It was one of the greatest rivalries in college football, up there with Michigan-tOSU. It's a shame it's gone.

Quote:

Florida's not scared to play FSU every year (next best example of rivals in separate conferences). We shouldn't be scared of bringing the t.u. game back.

If I don't beat the **** out of a homeless male prostitute going through heroin withdrawal it would be for many, MANY reasons. But fear is not one of them.

Fear is NOT a factor here.

You seem like a free spirit, think of it as interfering with karma; let's not **** with the universe's plan for t.u.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
gambochaman
AG
no
jja79
AG
Moved past and interested in only what's best for yourself doesn't equal scared.
aggie appraiser
They already have Iowa State and Kansas every year. They have their hands full as it is.
Leander - Ag
AG
no
MaroonStain
AG
Only play them in a bowl game.

Get over the fact that your friends and family want to play the game because of "tradition" when they have made fun of our Traditions for 100 years.

tu is the BSC CColleenCrowley of college football.

Most of their fans are the deplorables.

I hate burnt orange, I hate B13vO fake cowboys, their gymnast cheerleaders (do love some pom pons girls), ******bag face painted nerds, teasippers, their announcers, stupid tower BS, etc, etc.

NEVER!

(Now that I have posted this, our brilliant admin probably has plans in the works with sip to start playing again)
AggieTom80
AG
This is easy...lack of respect.. I know some Ags loved being tu's B**** but personally I never did. We could beat them 1000 times and they will still see us as dog crap on their loafers.. It's a disrespect that goes beyond the normal rivalry and the bold move we made to get off their doormat was the happiest day of my Aggie life. I didn't think we had it in us...but we did.

Now they need the game but there is still no respect. There never will be. So I think and will always think the best route will be to never play that game. We are in the power position. We have the bright future. My t-sip friends believed they were entitled to Nick Saban....not wanted...not maybe we can get him...entitled. "Texas is a brand"...blag blah blah. The got Tom Herman. Dear tu...we have your coach and we don;t need to play you..

Bottom line...Respect.
Odin
AG
It was an easy choice for me, NO.

When we first got into the SEC, I was talking to a tsip coworker about it and said I would like to see the game continue. His response to that was no, that the Aggies were being punished for leaving and until they decided we had paid enough that the game wouldn't be played again. Just the fact that the words he used were punish us made me never want to play those arrogant POS again.
NyAggie
AG
Tu fans are dying for some marquee home games. Their schedule sucks and they know it and they hate it

Why should we help them out by giving them what they want when it serves no benefit to us?

hunter2012
AG
This sums up why we should never play them again.

Matmart33
AG
Stop watching Steven Crowder, nobody has to change your mind. Thats just like, your opinion man

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.