Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M vs tu

20,150 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by blueURmyBoy
lakeside aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Channel 4 in DFW ran a story tonight that tu's coach wants to set up the two teams playing again. He says the fan base wants it. I surely don't want it. I think A&M should never play them again except post season bowls.
redd38
AG
New phone, who dis?
ClassOf17
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/7103015/texas-longhorns-deloss-dodds-tells-texas-bill-byrne-nonconference-schedule-full-2018
MaxPower
The thing I find interesting is both factions (those for and those against playing tu annually) seem to think they are in the majority. It would be nice if there was a gallop poll to put some facts behind thoseclaims. At the very least moving forward, we wouldn't have to listen to these tired claims of "my position represents the fanbase". Personally I find that the majority on this board are against but Aggies I talk to in the real world are generally for. Maybe those on this board are more the hardcore types while the ones I meet elsewhere are more casual.
ag94ag
AG
Frankly, they're not as good or as interesting to play as our SEC foes. They are like an ex-wife that wants another shot after she left you.

**** them and **** wasting our time with them.
illegitima non carborundum
lotoarmy
AG
NOT THIS AGAIN!!!!!
Last of the Old Army
StickTogetherAgs
Never again.
Charlie 31
AG
Mr Global Warming
I find that most Aggies who are for it are also pro-Communism and pro-ED.
TyperWoods
yeah, let's set it up.

Step 1: tu make a bowl game
Step 2: A&M flushes you in it
Win At Life
AG
Possibly if all games were reffed only by SEC.
JMJLAW
AG
Those who say no were likely hall monitors in their early years.
Reno Hightower
It would be great to ONLY have 6 home games every other year (instead of 7) so we can fulfill our main reason for existing....beating the every living compound, complex fightin' Texas Aggie hell outta sip!

West Point Aggie
AG
What a marvelously refreshing thread topic
W
AG
yep, it's simply not going to happen as long as the Arkansas game is in Jerryworld.

A&M did not renovate Kyle and increase capacity to 100k...to only play 6 home games
Bone6
There are some vocal insecure Ags agains renewing the series.

-We aren't the same program when when t.u. dominated the series.
-Alabama (and other SEC schools) have been just as sketchy over the years as t.u.
-We will hurt t.u. More than help with the series since the media loves to over rank them (and we'd beat their overhyped ass at the end of the season). Erasing t.u.'s overhyped top 10 or top 25 ranking as the media hypes them over the years each November will be important for recruiting.
-Rivalries are one of the funnest parts of college football, and LSU doesn't come close to the hatred and history we have with t.u.

Now go on with your jilted lover "never again" rants.
SeattleAgJr
the jilted lover who will not take no for an answer.

#NEVERAGAIN
SeattleAgJr
Bone6 said:

There are some vocal insecure Ags agains renewing the series.

-We aren't the same program when when t.u. dominated the series.
-Alabama (and other SEC schools) have been just as sketchy over the years as t.u.
-We will hurt t.u. More than help with the series since the media loves to over rank them (and we'd beat their overhyped ass at the end of the season). Erasing t.u.'s overhyped top 10 or top 25 ranking as the media hypes them over the years each November will be important for recruiting.
-Rivalries are one of the funnest parts of college football, and LSU doesn't come close to the hatred and history we have with t.u.

Now go on with your jilted lover "never again" rants.
it has nothing to do with hatred or rivalry.,

it has everything to do with they cheat and it has always been a one-sided relationship as far as contracts and money goes.

#Nope.

#NotWorthIt
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Personally I find that the majority on this board are against but Aggies I talk to in the real world are generally for. Maybe those on this board are more the hardcore types while the ones I meet elsewhere are more casual.
I would speculate that posters on this site were more likely to have been hanging on every bit of daily news from the BigXII Network to Longhorn Network to Deloss Dodds spinning things in the local sports media, etc etc. All that stuff from 2009 to 2011. There's probably more bad blood among people who hung on all the breaking news day to day than there is among casual fans who just remember that it used to be a big game and never got accustomed to the SEC matchups.
Raptor
AG
For a school that's hell bent on diluting the masculinity of their students, they sure let their coach run wild with testosterone.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

TXAggie2011
AG
ag94ag said:

Frankly, they're not as good or as interesting to play as our SEC foes. They are like an ex-wife that won't another shot after she left you. **** them and **** wasting our time with them.
So, it turns out that no matter who we schedule in non-conference, that we still play our SEC schedule.

The question is not "how interesting are they compared to our SEC foes?"
C3 Gert Cattle
GET OVER IT AND GET A LIFE
You wouldn't know what crazy is if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch..
MidTnAg
AG
To play the sips, would be one of the stupidest things we could ever do.

We need to concentrate on dominating recruiting in Texas and competing in the SEC.
Meximan
TXAggie2011 said:

ag94ag said:

Frankly, they're not as good or as interesting to play as our SEC foes. They are like an ex-wife that won't another shot after she left you. **** them and **** wasting our time with them.
So, it turns out that no matter who we schedule in non-conference, that we still play our SEC schedule.

The question is not "how interesting are they compared to our SEC foes?"

Boom. Headshot.
PatAg
AG
It's silly to act like you don't miss playing Texas. The question would be, what does it do to our schedule to play them every year since we are no longer in the same conference? I think it doesn't make sense in that regard.
Z Team
AG
The statement "Not as interesting as our SEC foes" might very well be true.
"Not in the best interest of A&M" may be true.

I just ask do you think it would be the highest attendance game we had all year if played at Kyle field this year?

Games that would be IMO, one of the highest attendance games in the country should find a way to make them happen and be honestly officiated.
Reno Hightower
Yes, but that won't make up for the home game we give away when we travel to Weirdville to play them the next year.

Should we also re-up with bailer and tceh while we are at it? I'm certain there is plenty of emotion left for them too.
The Catfish
AG
I'm for playing them again but not until Arkansas is a home and home. The reality is both sides would look for an out in the negotiation because neither would want to be perceived as the weaker one. This game is good for the sport and if we win more often than not, good for Texas A &M. Fire away.
Pro Ag
AG
I bet the TMF/AD also want this game. As others have said, we would need to get it home and home afte the Jerryworld deal and then our leaders will gladly do this deal so they can add a $150-200 ticket game to the slate to bring in more $.

It's probably the same reason tu really wants this.

This decision won't be made by coaches or fans.

For the record, I also don't want the game.
RomanAg11
AG
NOPE!

RomanAg11
AG
Z Team said:

The statement "Not as interesting as our SEC foes" might very well be true.
"Not in the best interest of A&M" may be true.

I just ask do you think it would be the highest attendance game we had all year if played at Kyle field this year?

Games that would be IMO, one of the highest attendance games in the country should find a way to make them happen and be honestly officiated.
Good luck trying to find refs that will officiate honestly...
HIGHER
AG

Only benefit TU.Forget about the game it won't ever happen
Agijud
AG
I say renew the rivalry and add Bonfire back the night before! If you didnt know, there's still actually a very cool Student Bonfire at the end of the year off campus. If you grew up with FTAB, it's worth the trip!
Heisenberg01
AG
The question is not if you would rather play Nichols State or tu. We will play 1 big name opponent and the rest will be different levels of cream puff. In the SEC West you don't need to play more than 1 good non-conference opponent to make the playoff due to division strength of schedule.

So the question is would you rather play a bunch of cheating sips every year or would you rather play home and home's with UCLA, Clemson, Notre Dame, Va Tech, Miami, etc?
Eagle78
My view on this is that we're fuggin Texas A&M University and fear no one and are willing and able to take on (and take down) all comers. That's the mentality of a champion. Play them!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.