Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I think we should still play t.u. every year...

21,150 Views | 212 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Agvet12
merch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have been over this a 1,000 times. Yes their actions lead us to leave, etc. but none of that matters now. There is ONE reason only: Texas needs/really wants this game because they play in crap Big XII and we don't need it.
eAGer
AG
BlueDeviledAg said:

C Loves L said:

The OP sucks at trolling which leads me to believe he sucks at just about everything IRL

Can you do us all a favor and explain your username?

Isn't his username what someone carved into the century tree not that long ago?
dixichkn
AG
AggieTom80 said:

This is easy...lack of respect.. I know some Ags loved being tu's B**** but personally I never did. We could beat them 1000 times and they will still see us as dog crap on their loafers.. It's a disrespect that goes beyond the normal rivalry and the bold move we made to get off their doormat was the happiest day of my Aggie life. I didn't think we had it in us...but we did.

Now they need the game but there is still no respect. There never will be. So I think and will always think the best route will be to never play that game. We are in the power position. We have the bright future. My t-sip friends believed they were entitled to Nick Saban....not wanted...not maybe we can get him...entitled. "Texas is a brand"...blag blah blah. The got Tom Herman. Dear tu...we have your coach and we don;t need to play you..

Bottom line...Respect.
Boom. The End.
AgCat93
AG
Nothing is changing my mind. Ignore the sips.
TXAGBQ76
AG
What's the point?
MondayMorningQB
AG
Simple.

Satisfaction of watching them wander lost in the desert >>>>>>>>>> satisfaction of beating them
88jrt06
AG
Why bite?

Phucck you.
88jrt06
AG
Whatthefunyo said:

...change my mind.
Serious discussion points please. I want to know why some of y'all don't want to play them.

Drop dead, seep-ass sip OP. YOU DARE dictate (btw, how does THAT dictate) terms on TexAgs?
Who TF in the name of BDF do you fantasize you are?
Well, besides her. Dictate good, no? Sip.
ashley
Of course we should play them. It's just what you do.
kbarj
AG
During the years when we were beating them, every t-sip I knew would claim it didn't matter because we were NOT their rivals. That elevated position belonged to OU. The A&M game was just a pain in the ass because it was a no-win situation for them. That, coupled with the arrogance of "if you leave we'll never play you again, and you're going to regret it." when we moved to the SEC after they tried to force us to move with them to the PAC has caused me to lose all interest. Nope, tu is the high maintenance BSC, but formerly hot girlfriend that you are an absolute fool to go back to.
Class of 65
AG
Don't want to ever hear "poor aggies" again!
aeon-ag
Whatthefunyo said:

...change my mind.

Serious discussion points please. I want to know why some of y'all don't want to play them.
If this is as good a post that you can come up with, stay off the board.
Spyderman
AG
Whatthefunyo said:

...change my mind.

Easy call here man...playing A&M would help them. Hence, no play.

Period.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Whatthefunyo said:

...change my mind.

I used to think this way. But I changed my mind.

True, UF plays FSU, UGA plays GT, USC plays Clemson, and UK Plays Louisville annually. While those appear to be akin to A&M/tu on the surface, they are not. First of all, some of their state legislatures mandate that they play. Second, most of them have always been in separate conferences (with the exception of GT/UGA and USC/Clemson). None of them have been in the same conference since the early 1970s. Third, no one has had to deal with tu.

Deloss Dodds lectured us in the media when we left the XII about how their game with us didn't mean anything and how our game with them wasn't really a rivalry, and how OU was a much bigger rivalry for them. He also told Bowen Loftin and Bill Byrne that if we left for the SEC without their "permission" that we would never get to play them again. And how it was a "privilege" to get to play tu.

Fourth, they lied to everyone in the XII and tried to broker a deal on our behalf to move us all to the PAC. Nebraska knew about it and left for the B10. A&M doesn't belong in the PAC. We would have withered there because we don't belong with those schools. They are not like us, and we share no culture or values with them. It would have been a disaster for us, and they knew it. However, they also knew how well we'd fit into the SEC and how well we'd acclimate. It is a total contrast.

So f..k Texas. They can go to hell. They made their bed. A&M and the SEC gave them every opportunity in the world to continue the series and they chose not to. I just don't know what more we could have done.

Here's to not playing them for a long time. And thank God we are in the SEC.

If anything, a home and home with Nebraska would be fun.
MagnumLoad
I think OP should not post, ever.
RGLAG85
AG
You can always tell the sip sympathisers and trolls in these threads. Some of the Stockholm syndrome is actually sad.

They're irrelevant to us in many ways. That doesn't mean it's not fun to make fun of them though.
TyperWoods
We play the premier team in Alabama, Mississippi, and Lousiana every year. Some years, we also play the premier team in Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, and South Carolina. (Ok, so not South Carolina so much).

They play the premier team in Oklahoma.

Adding the premier team in Texas helps them. Adding a perpetually arrogant overrated cheating team that's already destroyed two conferences with their bs does zilch for us.

Besides, they want the game. Let them want.
Anytime, anyplace

Y'all are pansies
88jrt06
AG
Whatthefunyo said:

...change my mind.

Well, that wraps up another sip massive-fail thread....
aggie appraiser
TyperWoods said:

We play the premier team in Alabama, Mississippi, and Lousiana every year. Some years, we also play the premier team in Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, and South Carolina. (Ok, so not South Carolina so much).

They play the premier team in Oklahoma.

Don't forget Kansas.
RAB83
AG
Quote:

Florida's not scared to play FSU every year (next best example of rivals in separate conferences). We shouldn't be scared of bringing the t.u. game back.
Hardly. Florida refused to play FSU for years. The state legislature got involved. Under pressure Florida's athletic director agreed to negotiate about a game. His demands were so one-sided that the FSU A.D. said the only thing he didn't demand was that FSU lose.

The legislature scheduled a vote and Florida lobbied hard against playing FSU. One of their officials said it would be against NCAA rules for the legislature to force them to play. The bill failed and the whole matter was sent to the Board of Control, which governs the universities. The Board of Control unanimously voted to order the schools to play each other and it still took years before they met.

Florida vigorously opposed playing FSU, which was the upstart. They didn't want to give FSU the recognition.

Also, when were we scared to play the sips? They were the ones who cancelled the series and pressured every BDF school to avoid scheduling us in any sport. Now that the game would help them, they want to play. Screw 'em.
RAB83
AG
Quote:

Deloss Dodds lectured us in the media when we left the XII about how their game with us didn't mean anything and how our game with them wasn't really a rivalry, and how OU was a much bigger rivalry for them. He also told Bowen Loftin and Bill Byrne that if we left for the SEC without their "permission" that we would never get to play them again. And how it was a "privilege" to get to play tu.

Fourth, they lied to everyone in the XII and tried to broker a deal on our behalf to move us all to the PAC. Nebraska knew about it and left for the B10. A&M doesn't belong in the PAC. We would have withered there because we don't belong with those schools. They are not like us, and we share no culture or values with them. It would have been a disaster for us, and they knew it. However, they also knew how well we'd fit into the SEC and how well we'd acclimate. It is a total contrast.

So f..k Texas. They can go to hell. They made their bed. A&M and the SEC gave them every opportunity in the world to continue the series and they chose not to. I just don't know what more we could have done.

Here's to not playing them for a long time. And thank God we are in the SEC.
Nailed it. Maybe we could consider it after we've added a couple of more natties, but only if the PUF was split 50/50.
Tmoneyag99
AG
I almost scrolled past this bull**** retread. BUT I want to make sure i cast my no vote.

Go over to rivalries board and ask them to link you all the reasons why we should never play this game again.

In fact im flagging this **** as the wrong forum because im so tired of this discussion. We have been having it since about 2010. Thats right 8 ****ing years. Some of you need to get counseling. Its over. You have a newer, more and better ladies that ****ing want you for more than a whipping boy. Butt, you keep wanting to go back to that dried up. Cheating worthless emasculating (litterally) old hag .

What the **** is wrong with some of you!??!?!?!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
We should play them again. Everyone here obviously still cares about them.
4L Aggie
AG
NyAggie said:

Tu fans are dying for some marquee home games. Their s heduke sucks and they know it and they hate it

Why should we help them out by giving them what they want when it serves no benefit to us?

Agree 100%.
Fitzwilly
AG
When I read through pages of this crap all it sounds like to me is fear. You only don't want to play the game again if you are AFRAID OF LOSING...

It really is that simple. And those who say, "watching them lose over there is as good as beating them" are full of Bevo droppings. Beating them on the field again would be WAY BETTER IN EVERY WAY.

Will we win them all? Nope. Does that scare me away from wanting to play the game again? Nope. It's just a damn game... play the stupid thing for no other reason than we get to watch one of the most historic rivalries in the country again.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Plus you are forgetting the most important reason. It's going to be the most exciting game we play any year we are not playing in the post season.

Which is the point of college football. To bring entertainment to the fan base.
dixichkn
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Oh I care about them alright......I care about them FAILING. Which they are doing on a grand scale in the watered down BDF. Stay the course.
ignatiusreilly4ever
Fitzwilly said:

When I read through pages of this crap all it sounds like to me is fear. You only don't want to play the game again if you are AFRAID OF LOSING...

It really is that simple. And those who say, "watching them lose over there is as good as beating them" are full of Bevo droppings. Beating them on the field again would be WAY BETTER IN EVERY WAY.

Will we win them all? Nope. Does that scare me away from wanting to play the game again? Nope. It's just a damn game... play the stupid thing for no other reason than we get to watch one of the most historic rivalries in the country again.

Yes. Finally a man's take on it.

Ask the players. They would 100% want to play again. Why? Because you play to win. Not to avoid embarrassment of losing.

All the arguments against it are, in the end, fear and obfuscation surrounding the one unalienable fact: beating them is great for us and bad for them. We should want to beat them, which means we have to play them.

Everything else is crybaby pizza.
RAMF90
AG
they can rot in the jail they created. I couldn't imagine having to be in the same stadium with those d bags on an annual basis. bad things would happen.
whoop91
AG
ignatiusreilly4ever said:

Fitzwilly said:

Yes. Finally a man's take on it.

Ask the players. They would 100% want to play again. Why? Because you play to win. Not to avoid embarrassment of losing.

All the arguments against it are, in the end, fear and obfuscation surrounding the one unalienable fact: beating them is great for us and bad for them. We should want to beat them, which means we have to play them.

Everything else is crybaby pizza.
Yes! Finally! Someone that is so short-sighted that they actually believe this. You want to believe that it all boils down to fear so that is what you see. You give Randolph a run for his money with your logic. That is all you want to see because then you can label everyone that way so you can say "I have no fear, I want to play them."

Well, sorry, the world does not work the way you think or want. You can make your claims that it all comes down to fear and you would just expose yourself to how wrong you are.

Can you give me a cite to the fact that you say all the players want this game?

Sure we have history, sure, the game used to mean something. Those days are gone.

How about I make the same myopic erroneous and false view you seem to have and make a claim that anyone that wants to play them has codependency issues. See how that works?

And, no, we don't have to play them to beat them.

As they pointed out there is only so much room in the schedule for OOC games. They don't have room for us, and I would much rather keep trying to schedule marquee teams across the nation than for them to fill one of those slots. Would I trade Clemson this fall for Texas? Hell to the no!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
dixichkn said:

Champ Bailey said:

Oh I care about them alright......I care about them FAILING. Which they are doing on a grand scale in the watered down BDF. Stay the course.

Didn't they have the same record and a better recruiting class than us last year?
MaroonStain
AG
Champ Bailey said:

dixichkn said:

Champ Bailey said:

Didn't they have the same record and a better recruiting class than us last year?
Yeah...they finished 7-6. They are peaking and national media is expecting a break-out season in 2018.

2016: 5-7
2015: 5-7
2014: 6-7

They signed 30 DBs and 24 WRs.

Are you a contrarian on every board or just every other post?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
MaroonStain said:

Champ Bailey said:

dixichkn said:

Champ Bailey said:

Yeah...they finished 7-6. They are peaking and national media is expecting a break-out season in 2018.

2016: 5-7
2015: 5-7
2014: 6-7

They signed 30 DBs and 24 WRs.

Are you a contrarian on every board or just every other post?

So the same as us. So they aren't failing anymore than we are.

Do you resort to making the argument personal every time someone points out the argument they are making is illogical?
SEC Champs
AG
Sour grapes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.