Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What was the best concert you ever attended?

14,356 Views | 155 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 88jrt06
AgPediRPh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Foo Fighters 2 weeks ago at the Woodlands is WAY up there
B-1 83
AG
The Who, 1979 tour at the Erwin Center
skins74
AG
Elton John and Billy Joel together at Rice Stadium
basic8
Elton John and Billy Joel in Vegas, around 2000-2001
JustisWalkert
AG
Masters of Music Concert-Hyde Park, London, 1996

Alanis Morissette
Bob Dylan
The Who
Eric Clapton

Also was at the Fayette County Fair when ZZ Top played "LaGrange" in LaGrange for the only time ever.
OldCorpsTerd86
AG
you all are a bunch of dummies....
Texxas Jam 1978....
https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrE19aT5elagCkASXFXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0N2Noc21lBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNwaXZz?p=texxas+jam+1978&fr2=piv-web&fr=mcafee
I am here for the comments.
ldg397
AG
Tied for honorable mention would be rockfest in the late 90's at Texas speedway in ft worth. Busch, no doubt, wall flowers,matchbox 20 and collective soul lit the place up with crazy train. And as others mentioned Metallica, limp biz kit , and linkin park at Texas stadium in lie of reliant.

But the best concert I have ever been to was the Charlie Daniels band at the hall of fame in about 97. I still won't go to that Walmart in protest of tearing down the hall of fame.
Mike Elko
AG
The Stones in '94. Great show, and I've been to many.
JoeAggie1010
Tom Petty: Fiddler's Green Amphitheater, 1990

Jonesy_00
AG
I saw Pearl Jam in OKC in 2013. They played 31 songs, and their set was almost 3 hours long. Fantastic show. Taking my wife to her first Pearl Jam show this summer; scored tickets for their show in Berlin in July!
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." --H.L. Mencken
The Real Maroon Blood
AG
Motley Crue with Alice Cooper opening (at the AAC--Farewell Tour a few years ago)
KISS, who followed Ted Nugent, who followed Skid Row (2000 at the Starplex)
Aerosmith (any of the 5 times I've seen them)
Eric Clapton (at the Summit in 2003)
Bon Jovi (at the Olympic Stadium in Munich, 2001)
joeagg321
AG
LatinAggie1997
AG
One Direction at NRG.
Tenth row, suprise for my daughter's 13th birthday.
A lifelong memory for mutilple reasons. The look in her eyes as we walked down to the floor and kept walking towards the stage will forever be in my heart. A wonderful dad daughter memory.
moore42
AG
Boston in 2006/2007 at Smirnoff Music Center just prior to Brad Delp dying in 2007.

Runner up - Sturgill Simpson at Verizon last year.
Win At Life
AG
4 Hams on Rye at Eastgate Live about 1988.

Good times. Miss the old gang. Scott and Dru, we miss you. Dirk RIP.
aggiedent
AG
Quote:

Dark Side of the Moon. '73 Blossom Music Center.

I'm jealous. I did see Pink Floyd, along with a few other posters at Rice Stadium in 94', but the bad weather and premature end of the concert stops it from getting top billing in my opinion. Still, it was a damn cool show.

Peter Gabriel in the 80's.
U2 in the 80's (Unforgettable Fire)
Dire Straits in the 80's.
Joe Bonamassa in San Francisco in 2017.
Pink Floyd 94'.
Colonel A. 1976
AG
Jimi Hendrix!
Col. A 1976
dah4439
AG
Entire weekend of Dave Matthews at the Gorge in 2005.
West Point Aggie
AG
Prince...by far
12thmanfootball
AG
Pink Floyd 1987
Van Halen 1984 (Memphis Midsouth Colesium)
Diyala Nick
AG
Nickelback at the Astrodome.

Amazing band, amazing acoustics.

No, not really.
Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

Springsteen. Tunnel of Love Tour. The house was rocking. The hardest working man in Rock.
Have to agree. Springsteen and the E Street Band are still going strong. Saw him twice on the River Tour. At the Woodlands w/Tom Morello in 2014 is up there on the list.

A couple of Tom Petty concerts are up there.

But, I'm going off the usual grid for the best group of musicians I've ever seen - Steep Canyon Rangers w/ Steve Martin and Edie Brickell in Austin at the Long Center. Then Paul Simon walked out and played with them for a song or two. (I know, it's bluegrass. Heck, I even managed to see Earl Scruggs.)

One edit to give a shout out to Ray Charles. He is up there when it comes to "genius" musicians I've seen.

(Wish Fast Fred was with us. Can't imagine what his answer would be.)
joebobsa
AG
Clint Black - Aqua Fest in Austin in late 80's. About 30 people there at a side stage before he went big.
John Francis Donaghy
moore42 said:

Boston in 2006/2007 at Smirnoff Music Center just prior to Brad Delp dying in 2007.

Runner up - Sturgill Simpson at Verizon last year.

That Boston show was great. Glad I got to them perform before Delp passed.

Metallica is always solid but too predictable, Tool has put on some damn fine shows too.

But the best I've ever seen was probably ZZ Top with thunderstorms rolling in alla round. Lots of lightning off in the background, and their beards flapping lile crazy in 40mph wind after their hats all blew off. The whole damn world basically became a giant strobe light stage and the guys didn't miss a beat. Awesome.
ftworthag02
AG
Page/plant , Austin Erwin center, around 1990 when I was 10. First time to hear zeppelin and fall in love.
wcaggie04
AG
The Stones at Wimbley Stadium in '97

Honorable Mention Paul McCartney in Austin a few years ago.
rather be fishing
AG
Braun Brothers Reunion. Doesn't matter which year.
monarch
S
Back in the day (mid '70's), I was a bartender at Anaheim Stadium. I also was given the privilege to work backstage pouring drinks for all the concerts that occurred during the summer. Every conceivable rock band of that era played at the BIG A.

Best concert? The Eagles and Beach Boys on a 4th of July gig. Unbelievable. A second one might be the weekend Elton John played with Kiki Dee. Played at the Coliseum on Saturday and at Dodger Stadium on Sunday. Worked both of them; Fabulous weekend! If you have ever seen a pic of Elton John wearing a Dodgers baseball jersey, and huge Dodgers sunglasses, that pic was taken at that concert.

Great Stuff back in the day.
Peace for Ukraine!
oldaggie74
AG
Johnny Rivers, 1967, Texas A&M
Red Rover
AG
I went to a Guns N Roses concert. Opening for them were two bands called Faith No More and Metallica. It was Epic. Literally. We were very close to the stage during the first two sets and then moved to some great mezzanine seats during G'nR.

Second best was a very small acoustic session with Bob Schneider in a yoga studio. It was very interactive and cool. I married the date I brought that night so that makes it even more special.
agneck
Cher in SA and Austin 2003 or so.
Ag Tag
Elvis
mtomlinson
Would have to say the Rolling Stones In Dallas- Cotton Bowl. Opening acts were The Eagles and ZZ-Top. What a day....what a night....
94 Killer
AG
Up until know it was David Lee Roth with Steve Vai in Austin on the Skyscraper Tour in 1988, but a couple weeks ago it became the Foo Fighters in Dallas at the Starplex, 2018. Phenomenal show.
ag_03_aj
AG
New KIds on the Block '92

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.