Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

How Are We Trailing Baylor...

20,925 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wbt5845
MidTnAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aeon-ag said:

zipp99 said:

in recruiting this year?

22. Baylor
23. N.C. State
24. Mississippi State
25. Michigan State
26. Louisville
27. Florida State
28. Oklahoma State
29. Kentucky
30. Minnesota
31. West Virginia
32. Texas A&M

Aren't they on like NCAA sanctions for the rape culture in Waco?
Doesn't look like $75 Mil does much for recruiting.
You have got to be kidding. That is like starting a weight lost program and two days later start complaining because it is not working well enough.
vonmazor
Better question. What recruits saw last years baylor team and thought.. man I want to be a part of that mess.
TrustinAgs
For reference. What was Jimbo's first class ranking at FSU?

RGLAG85
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

aeon-ag said:

zipp99 said:

in recruiting this year?

22. Baylor
23. N.C. State
24. Mississippi State
25. Michigan State
26. Louisville
27. Florida State
28. Oklahoma State
29. Kentucky
30. Minnesota
31. West Virginia
32. Texas A&M

Aren't they on like NCAA sanctions for the rape culture in Waco?
Doesn't look like $75 Mil does much for recruiting.

We already have pot bangers
Sadly true. Along with this guy........

Quote:

I haven't heard much about us pulling in the recruits we need to sign a class worthy of a 7.5 million dollar a year coach.
RGLAG85
AG
TrustinAgs said:

For reference. What was Jimbo's first class ranking at FSU?

Not really a good comparison because he was already part of the program and Bowden's hand picked replacement.
Threadbare
Because they played Liberty straight-up tough?
Geriatric Punk
AG
Indignitas said:

I don't want coaches to worry about stars. I want players here that want to play for A&M!!! Everything else will take care of itself.
Stars seem to only be accurate about 65% of the time in my observation.

I'd rather have an entire class of 3-4 star guys like Johnny, Von, LaDainian Tominson (he wanted to play for us, right?), then an entire class of 5 star divas. Of course, I'm pretty sure so would every other team in all of college football.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
94chem
Baylor's mission is two-fold:

a) Win at football.
b) Hide enough sins from wealthy, willfully oblivious, SBC 40- and 50-somethings in the 'burbs so they'll keep writing the checks to that Christian school.

Given a), their strategy of full-on hypocrisy, covering up crimes, denials, and despicable behavior was completely the right move to make. A lot of life decisions get easier to make when one can set aside those pesky moral scruples.
JodyMcD96
AG
Considering our highly ranked recruits in previous seasons haven't translated into competing for championships, how about we let Coach Fisher handle things and just take this off season off from worrying about it?
TAM85
The real question is which, if any, Baylor recruit had a commitable offer from us?
FrontPorchAg
91_Aggie said:

15-50 is essentially the same.

You've never been 50. Try being a Wyoming fan.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
tk for tu juan
14 commits vs 23 commits, it's not hard to figure out the difference in overall ranking.

Go look at the current roster, the number of juniors, sophomores, and freshmen returning next year show the recruiting class was already going to be small. There are 16 seniors/Grad Transfers.
MBUSA
Ask TCU or Kansas State how much recruiting rankings mean.
GreatSullysGhost
TXAGBQ76 said:

I think it is dumb to be worried about this at all at this time. We've had our coach about a month and a complete staff not even one day. If that is not comprehended, there is no hope for you.
This year will likely be an incomplete class, not a bad one, but incomplete. This year is about getting coaches in place. Next year and there out is far more recruit focused and should be what you judge the staff on. I expect borderline top 5 or better the next couple of years and then top five to top three thereafter with increasing on the field success.

Arctic Ag
AG
Geriatric Punk said:

Indignitas said:

I don't want coaches to worry about stars. I want players here that want to play for A&M!!! Everything else will take care of itself.
Stars seem to only be accurate about 65% of the time in my observation.

I'd rather have an entire class of 3-4 star guys like Johnny, Von, LaDainian Tominson (he wanted to play for us, right?), then an entire class of 5 star divas. Of course, I'm pretty sure so would every other team in all of college football.
Then or than? Not sure you typed out the point you were trying to make
eATMup-Reveille
I believe the switch to the early signing period will make it difficult for any program to gain significant ground once a head coaching change takes place. In the past, the new staff had around 2 months to make strides in recruiting for the upcoming signing date, including getting highly ranked recruits to flip over to their program. This is no longer the case, so unless a schools commitments already had them ranked decently, the odds of a significant jump by the end of the February signing date are significantly diminished.
Dr. Tinkle
Jimbo could probably have come in and gotten the attention of a lot of 3 star players to fill out a class, but I'm glad he isn't coming in and doing that. I think he's going to hit it hard next year and have more spaces to fill with the kind of kids he wants.
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
DeereTX
They will come. Just look at the quality (star rating) over quality (overall score on recruiting sites). This new staff is evaluating the talent and we will be just fine. This new culture will show once next season and the talent will want to play for us. I expect us to have a much stronger season than anyone is predicting.
Ag Law
Some of y'all are insufferable.

It's a transition class. If your expectation was top 10, you need to re-evaluate. With that being said, we're losing out on recruits such as Ossai and Ojomo who I assumed would be locked up with Price being retained along with Jimbo and staff hitting the trail. We're not flipping Coburn or Ingram, which is disappointing but expected. I'm anxious to see how the staff pivots the attention and who some of our new targets will be before we get to NSD. We may be filling up on bread in '18 before we get to the meat in '19.
Canyon99
No one would worry about recruiting rankings if we had 85 Joey Perots.
ContinentalAg
Look at last year's sip class. It sucked. Ours will be better this year but look to next year for the proof In the pudding as it relates to Jimbo. It's going to take him and the staff a year to establish relationships. We'll be ready to roll for next year. If we can get to 8-9 Wins, watch out, Jimbo will be a monster on the recruiting trail.
merc
AG
It is not the end all be all but I was hoping for a bit more from this staff right away. Twas lots of hype.
Raid05
AG
I felt like this needed a nice bump.... so some people could come eat crow...
padreislandagfan
aggie028
Leander - Ag
amercer
AG
Raid05 said:

Maybe the ones eating crow should be the posters talking about how a weak class this year would be ok.

Looks like Jimbo agreed with the pot bangers that he needed to get it done now, no excuses.
Grits
AG
Hmmmm...nope, the cookie pushers back at the top need to come and eat their tasty crow.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Crow eaters.................LINE UP!!
cevans_40
AG
amercer said:

Raid05 said:

Maybe the ones eating crow should be the posters talking about how a weak class this year would be ok.

Looks like Jimbo agreed with the pot bangers that he needed to get it done now, no excuses.

That's certainly one way to look at it. It's the wrong way, but it is a way.
Aggie87
AG
merc said:

It is not the end all be all but I was hoping for a bit more from this staff right away. Twas lots of hype.

This is an absolutely fantastic class, given the short time Jimbo & Co have had at A&M. Not sure what more you could expect.
wbt5845
AG
merc said:

What a moron
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.