Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fisher? Really? Do we just not care about what an arsehat he is?

38,642 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by beerad12man
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Unless any of you have actual evidence of wrongdoing by Jimbo Fisher, kindly go **** yourself
Aggie1205
AG
aggiedent said:

If you throw out this year, he has an .800 win percentage at FSU, 3 conference championships, 1 national championship, and 5 bowl wins in 7 years. He has got multiple QB's in the NFL. His teams play defense. Throw in the fact he comes from the Sabam coaching tree. That's what gets peoples attention.

How many of those wins came when the ACC was bad?
dBoy99
AG
Jimbo condoned Winston's actions. Further, he allowed his young son to hang out with Winston. Not exactly respectable.
GCP12
AG
Irish_Man said:

GCP12 said:

If we were to hire fisher and texags still wasn't happy, it would officially prove there is no way to make texags happy. I really don't see how you can expect a more proven hire.

If people have a problem with rape, i think that's ok.
Meh. I can understand the argument. I just think college sports is a dirty game. If we didn't hire fisher, we'd hire Morris and people would be losing their **** because we hired an unproven guy. There is no perfect hire, because the perfect hire isn't going to leave their current situation.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
EAD 65 said:

Besides Sumlin is not going anywhere so give it a rest.

Time for you to step out of the way. The generation of Aggies not committed to winning championships has had their day in the sun. Time for A&M to move forward.

who?mikejones
AG
Dude ignored rape. Please don't hire him.
who?mikejones
AG
Bull***** I'd rather lose every game than hire someone who sacrifices a coed here and there for wins.
Goose83
AG
Wouldn't be surprised if the NHL doesn't already have scouts hanging around here - If not, they're missing out on a lot of good talent

GCP12
AG
who?mikejones said:

Bull***** I'd rather lose every game than hire someone who sacrifices a coed here and there for wins.
Fair enough. Don't show up to any games, then. That's your choice
Goose83
AG
F4GIB71 said:

If winning is the only objective, I think Art Briles is still available.
MaxPower
Irish_Man said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/david-whitley/os-fsu-got-off-easy-in-jameis-winston-settlement-20160126-post,amp.html

He's the briles of Florida
So that confirms he was aware Winston was accused of rape, not that he knew he actually raped her. What do you do when the PD says they won't pursue charges and the guy says he is innocent?
who?mikejones
AG
You can get the same results with other coaches.
GCP12
AG
who?mikejones said:

You can get the same results with other coaches.
Who, that's attainable?
who?mikejones
AG
Literally anyone. All will come in second. That's the reality
GCP12
AG
Well, I disagree that there is a better coach that is attainable. The rest would be risky from a coaching/results standpoint.
aggiehawg
AG
Is it me? Or are the anti-Fisher posters mostly the same anti-Chad posters??

Just Sumlin-lovers??
45-70Ag
AG
MaxPower said:

Irish_Man said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/david-whitley/os-fsu-got-off-easy-in-jameis-winston-settlement-20160126-post,amp.html

So that confirms he was aware Winston was accused of rape, not that he knew he actually raped her. What do you do when the PD says they won't pursue charges and the guy says he is innocent?

That's a very briles approach
dBoy99
AG
I'm an Aggie fan. I'm glad I don't have to make the decision regarding Sumlin's future or select his replacement.

I cannot support Fisher.
MaxPower
The anti-Fisher posters want a guy who shoots fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse. Or a unicorn. I can't remember. I just know it doesn't exist but allows them to keep doing what they really want to do in life......***** and moan about everything.
technoviking
AG
Here come the anti fishers:

Goose83
AG
aggiehawg said:

Is it me? Or are the anti-Fisher posters mostly the same anti-Chad posters??

Just Sumlin-lovers??
Nope - I'm one of the loudest potbangers here, and have no problem with Morris (I myself would rather we go with Frost, but he's not coming here).

Just someone who happens to think that character counts, that's all.
45-70Ag
AG
Literally everyone on this board condemned briles and fisher when the Winston crap was going on.

Now that he is rumored to have been targeted by a&m, people want to ignore that and act like it wasn't that big of a deal.
bigcat22
AG
The realist in my thinks Fisher is a pipe dream and we will end up with Morris
who?mikejones
AG
I don't want someone that's a few degrees away from briles and that means I ***** and moan about everything?

Please.
MaxPower
Irish_Man said:

MaxPower said:

Irish_Man said:

Well there is one minor difference, this happened once and he chose to stick with the player's word. If a dozen guys have the same thing happen and he doesn't bother to ponder the possibility something is systematically wrong with his AD then I'd assert that's a little different scenario.
Inspector Javert
This is texags bro... the standards are pretty low, even for the internet.
who?mikejones
AG
MaxPower said:

Irish_Man said:

MaxPower said:

Irish_Man said:

Well there is one minor difference, this happened once and he chose to stick with the player's word. If a dozen guys have the same thing happen and he doesn't bother to ponder the possibility something is systematically wrong with his AD then I'd assert that's a little different scenario.

Like I side, a coed here or there is no big deal right?
45-70Ag
AG
MaxPower said:

Irish_Man said:

MaxPower said:

Irish_Man said:

Once isn't enough when it concerns rape?
Cromagnum
AG
Irish_Man said:

Well, does A&M want to win but sell its soul to do so?

Would anyone here be happy with an sec title but a head coach covered up a rape/sexual assault by a major contributor?

Can't control the players, some will screw up. But a coach can control his actions and i don't like Fischer and his willingness to overlook rape.

If Nick Saban wanted to come tomorrow, everyone on here would write checks if it would help seal the deal. Nobody cares if a coach is fun or if he is an ass hole. People want wins.
who?mikejones
AG
Cromagnum said:

Irish_Man said:

Would anyone here be happy with an sec title but a head coach covered up a rape/sexual assault by a major contributor?

Can't control the players, some will screw up. But a coach can control his actions and i don't like Fischer and his willingness to overlook rape.

If Nick Saban wanted to come tomorrow, everyone on here would write checks if it would help seal the deal. Nobody cares if a coach is fun or if he is an ass hole. People want wins.

******* =/= rape enabler
45-70Ag
AG
Cromagnum said:

Irish_Man said:

Not about being an ass hole

It's about being like briles and being floored some think it's now ok.
Goose83
AG
Irish_Man said:

Literally everyone on this board condemned briles and fisher when the Winston crap was going on.

Now that he is rumored to have been targeted by a&m, people want to ignore that and act like it wasn't that big of a deal.
KInda like how all the blue chips that committ to A&M are some of the finest young men who have ever walked the planet, and just how proud we are they have chosen A&M.

But once they decommitt, they become losers and self-entitled poosays who will only bring plague and pestilence upon the school to which they have chosen to attend.
OldArmy91
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

MaxPower said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

MaxPower said:

Does anyone have an article linking his exact role in the alleged rape? I know the cops looked the other way but I haven't seen anything that indicates they did so at his request. Is it not possible the police there simply give the local players preferential treatment regardless of who the coach is?

And not contact the coach when a player is accused of rape?
If they believe the claim is baseless why contact the coach? You want the police calling your boss saying some girl said you raped her with no evidence?

Google the police report.

She said that she was raped. She went to a hospital and had a rape kit performed. The medical staff concluded that she had injuries consistent with rape. Winston's DNA was found on her panties.

Now compare that to Winston lying about not being around her and his roommate deleting pics of Winston having sex with the girl.
Ahem, Maxpower ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Now look on youtube. For all the **** that was thrown at Briles, what he did doesn't even come close to what Fisher did. Briles was negligent. He had a hands-off approach and it got him fired. But he damn sure didn't let those rapists (who were only accused at the time just like Winston) play one down. They never saw the field. Fisher, on the other hand, got involved and out front, politicking and playing the media against the accuser. How long did Winston sit? Yeah, that's what I thought. For those of you that want Fisher, just keep in mind that Briles has much cleaner hands and is available.
MaxPower
Irish_Man said:

MaxPower said:

Irish_Man said:

MaxPower said:

Irish_Man said:

Once isn't enough when it concerns rape?
Once again, he was never convicted of rape. He was never even charged with rape. So we are talking about what the coach should do when one guy is ACCUSED of rape.
HoustonAg2106
AG
dBoy99 said:

Jimbo condoned Winston's actions. Further, he allowed his young son to hang out with Winston. Not exactly respectable.

How exactly did he condone rape?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.