Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fisher? Really? Do we just not care about what an arsehat he is?

36,532 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by beerad12man
Hanrahan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't believe this is getting repeated mention. He is falling apart at FSU and he comes across to me as one of the most unlikeable coaches who you get the feeling does everything underhanded and unethical at every opportunity.... really hope he is just using us to not get fired by FSU or something
B-Rabbit
AG
He has proven he can win.
OldArmy91
AG
Hanrahan said:

I can't believe this is getting repeated mention. He is falling apart at FSU and he comes across to me as one of the most unlikeable coaches who you get the feeling does everything underhanded and unethical at every opportunity.... really hope he is just using us to not get fired by FSU or something
Didn't you hear? The rape cover-up and crab leg theft condoning is behind him. He's turned over a new leaf...............
Showstopper
AG
To be fair, crab legs are pretty delicious.
aggiedent
AG
If you throw out this year, he has an .800 win percentage at FSU, 3 conference championships, 1 national championship, and 5 bowl wins in 7 years. He has got multiple QB's in the NFL. His teams play defense. Throw in the fact he comes from the Sabam coaching tree. That's what gets peoples attention.
45-70Ag
AG
Well, does A&M want to win but sell its soul to do so?

Would anyone here be happy with an sec title but a head coach covered up a rape/sexual assault by a major contributor?

Can't control the players, some will screw up. But a coach can control his actions and i don't like Fischer and his willingness to overlook rape.
redd38
AG
I'm not trying to be friends with the guy, I just wanna see some wins.
Lungblood
I'm pro Fisher and anti rape.
MaxPower
Does anyone have an article linking his exact role in the alleged rape? I know the cops looked the other way but I haven't seen anything that indicates they did so at his request. Is it not possible the police there simply give the local players preferential treatment regardless of who the coach is?
Hanrahan
AG
Not doubting his ability to win, that speaks for itself. But I just think he is a terrible face of our program based on whats happened in the past at FSU. That and I just want to punch his face through the TV when he does interviews.
Class of 65
AG
Fisher has problems leaving the state so all of these comments don't mean a lot. His ex wife has custody of the children and if he leaves the state she can take the kids to where ever and he may not see them again.
He has to have an amended divorce agreement and folks that will not happen.
Besides Sumlin is not going anywhere so give it a rest.
OldArmy91
AG
MaxPower said:

Does anyone have an article linking his exact role in the alleged rape? I know the cops looked the other way but I haven't seen anything that indicates they did so at his request. Is it not possible the police there simply give the local players preferential treatment regardless of who the coach is?
Youtube. There's at least 2 press conferences that says it all. He's the one doing the talking.
redd38
AG
EAD 65 said:

Fisher has problems leaving the state so all of these comments don't mean a lot. His ex wife has custody of the children and if he leaves the state she can take the kids to where ever and he may not see them again.
He has to have an amended divorce agreement and folks that will not happen.
Besides Sumlin is not going anywhere so give it a rest.

For $7 million a year you can buy new, better children.
45-70Ag
AG
Doesn't he have a special needs child that requires around the clock care? Care that isn't easily provided by just anyone.
#Mke
AG
Hanrahan said:

Nope, he wins football games and that's all I want from a football coach
aggiehawg
AG
MaxPower said:

The game plan was set under Bowden with the Tallahassee PD long ago. Also being the state capitol there's no shortage of politically connected people who get the heads up and can fix things. Could be Fishers' fingerprints weren't even needed.

That's not exonerating him nor is it indicting him.
fieldtrailer
AG
Look at the bright side. You guys may finally get your tight end in the game.
CrazyDayDuck
"But coach, what do rape mean?"
CrazyDayDuck
MaxPower said:

And not contact the coach when a player is accused of rape?
MaxPower
OldArmy91 said:

MaxPower said:

Youtube. There's at least 2 press conferences that says it all. He's the one doing the talking.
That isn't how this works. You are the one asserting your statements as facts. Support them.
technoviking
AG
man, the seats are gonna be empty next season with jimbo at the helm!
MaxPower
CrazyDayDuck said:

MaxPower said:

If they believe the claim is baseless why contact the coach? You want the police calling your boss saying some girl said you raped her with no evidence?
Lungblood
technoviking said:

man, the seats are gonna be empty next season with jimbo at the helm!

More room for the fatties!
Rebel Yell
AG
Lungblood said:

This. And pro crab legs.
Lungblood
Rebel Yell said:

Lungblood said:

This. And pro crab legs.

Yes, of course
AG
Is OP British? What's with "arsehat"?
leardriver
AG
He may be an arsehat, but he's OUR arsehat.

Bill, '67
Sometimes if you want a different answer, you have to ask a different question.
CrazyDayDuck
MaxPower said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

MaxPower said:

If they believe the claim is baseless why contact the coach? You want the police calling your boss saying some girl said you raped her with no evidence?

Google the police report.

She said that she was raped. She went to a hospital and had a rape kit performed. The medical staff concluded that she had injuries consistent with rape. Winston's DNA was found on her panties.

Now compare that to Winston lying about not being around her and his roommate deleting pics of Winston having sex with the girl.
45-70Ag
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/david-whitley/os-fsu-got-off-easy-in-jameis-winston-settlement-20160126-post,amp.html

He's the briles of Florida
aggiehawg
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

MaxPower said:

The Austin PD never called Mack, they called Dodds. Dodds sent the lawyers to get the players (and occasionally his coaches) out of trouble. If it happened on campus, university police immediately called Dodds before they called anyone else, even APD or 911, if the incident involved a student athlete.

F4GIB71
If winning is the only objective, I think Art Briles is still available.
GCP12
AG
If we were to hire fisher and texags still wasn't happy, it would officially prove there is no way to make texags happy. I really don't see how you can expect a more proven hire.
45-70Ag
AG
GCP12 said:

If we were to hire fisher and texags still wasn't happy, it would officially prove there is no way to make texags happy. I really don't see how you can expect a more proven hire.

If people have a problem with rape, i think that's ok.
CrazyDayDuck
aggiehawg said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

MaxPower said:

The Austin PD never called Mack, they called Dodds. Dodds sent the lawyers to get the players (and occasionally his coaches) out of trouble. If it happened on campus, university police immediately called Dodds before they called anyone else, even APD or 911, if the incident involved a student athlete.

And nobody from the AD contacted Brown?

I understand the concept of plausible deniability. However, I have a real hard time believing that the AD Dept did not let Brown or Fisher know afterwards that they did them a favor.
dBoy99
AG
GCP12 said:

You could argue he's exactly like Sumlin, only in a weaker conference. He was propped up by a Heisman QB.

I'm concerned about how he handled a total POS like Winston. And don't even compare Johnny to Winston. JFF wasn't running trains and getting sloppy thirds from inebriated co-eds.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.