Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Tidefans post-game thread

22,256 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MidTnAg
jbeaman88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wandered over to their post-game thread and thought it was worth a share for those who may not have seen it.

Lots of comments on the hostile environment and that we should have been 5-0 and ranked in the top 15 along with those who said it feels like a loss to them, other comments that we snuck in JFF on a couple of plays that made it closer than it seemed. Oh, and the officiating was terrible.

One of the highlights for me:

Quote:

I was at the game a few thoughts:

First the Aggies are one of the friendliest and most tradition based fanbases I've ever seen

Second the whole place is massive (stadium, campus, etc)

Third I think there were so many times we could've broken their will in the first half, but didn't

Fourth Daboll's play calling was pretty bad, and Jalen's passing as well. When we play bigger prey it isn't going to be as easy to escape with a win playing like this

Finally it was by far the weirdest feeling leaving the stadium. Aggie fans acted like they won a huge game, and Bama fans acted like they lost one.

We will be fine, and we were probably due for a game like this.
CrazyDayDuck
Quote:

Aggie fans acted like they won a huge game, and Bama fans acted like they lost one.

So pathetically true.

We lose by 8 ... in our house ... and high five each other for not losing by 26.

What other school does that?
tk for tu juan
When you go to the dentist expecting a root canal but you leave just having one cavity filled, it feels like a huge win
Tafelmeier94
AG
In reply to jbeaman88
Quote:
Aggie fans acted like they won a huge game, and Bama fans acted like they lost one.
So pathetically true.

We lose by 8 ... in our house ... and high five each other for not losing by 26.

Lol
Brian DeSpain
I read some of that and laughed. It amazes me how some folks who are big enough fans to watch games every weekend and post on a forum can know so little about football.
Ronnie Mund
Yay! They said nice things about us! We're so classy!
DifferenceMaker Ag

Quote:

Quote:

Tough place to play. We didn't control the line. We didn't play consistent. I think we played hard, though, whatever that's worth.

We "should" have won by 40 but hope we use this to again tighten things that have gotten loose.

Lots of opportunity for improvement but I happily take this win in a very hostile environment.

Their crowd did a great job with the noise tonight. LSU has nothing on them in night games other than more drunks.
Beer30
AG
My head hurts after reading other fan base message boards like that one. It really makes you appreciate the TexAgs format.
Dr. Horrible
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

Quote:

Quote:

Tough place to play. We didn't control the line. We didn't play consistent. I think we played hard, though, whatever that's worth.

We "should" have won by 40 but hope we use this to again tighten things that have gotten loose.

Lots of opportunity for improvement but I happily take this win in a very hostile environment.

Their crowd did a great job with the noise tonight. LSU has nothing on them in night games other than more drunks.

Dammit Ags! Pick up the slack!
Confucius
CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

So pathetically true.

Plenty of schools do that. They just happen to spend 1/10th of the resources we do, have 25k capacity stadiums, and zero football tradition.
CrazyDayDuck
Confucius said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

So pathetically true.

Plenty of schools do that. They just happen to spend 1/10th of the resources we do, have 25k capacity stadiums, and zero football tradition.

True.

I could see Sam Houston St getting excited about only losing to Bama by 8.

But A&M ... a team that pays its coach 5 mil a year and just built a 450 mil stadium that holds over 100,000?

This is mind boogling.
Ian Neff
AG
Having character and treating people with respect is not mutually exclusive with winning.

We've got the first part down.

Only Internet tough guys complain about treating people well
Lateralus Ag
AG
Ian Neff said:

Having character and treating people with respect is not mutually exclusive with winning.

Truth.
cmac94
AG
Live out of state and didn't attend the game but I have doubts that our fans were acting like we won the game. In general Aggie fans don't treat opposing fans poorly so I assume that is why the Bammers were confused by the end of game treatment. They're used to being cussed at and generally treated like ass.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
I was at the game, and it did kinda feel that way. When Hurts took a knee at the end, the Aggie fans cheered louder. It was a good cheer, showing the Ags appreciation for how hard they played, but I can't recall a time where I've seen that before after a loss.

That being said, I can't recall a time when the number 1 team, who has played in the past 2 national championship games, comes to town having beat it's last 2 conference opponents by 59-0 and 66-3....Alabama is just on a plane of their own right now. Which explains the 26 point spread for the game, and the exciting feeling of only losing by 8, after coming back from being down 21.

It's not natural, but neither is Alabama.
jja79
AG
I haven't missed a home game in 17 years and yes our fans were acting like we won.
CrottyKid
AG
Ian Neff said:

It really is funny that these old dudes who are so fast to call young guys soft liberals are the ones with no killer instinct.
marble rye
AG
I can't wait for that fan base to be bottom dwellers again.

"We are so spoiled with winning all the time!"

DIAF. Also, I hope Clemson beats them again.
crimsonblooded
Beer30 said:

My head hurts after reading other fan base message boards like that one. It really makes you appreciate the TexAgs format.

And now you know why we lurk here. But you knew that. Stay classy, Ags.
CrazyDayDuck
CrottyKid said:

Ian Neff said:

It really is funny that these old dudes who are so fast to call young guys soft liberals are the ones with no killer instinct.

That's because these old timers (like Wilson) went to A&M at a time when we were lucky to win 7 games in a season.

What they fail to realize is:
- We did not have the resources to compete nationally in the 70s
- We only played 11 games back then and not 12

Woodward got it right when he said, "8 wins is good enough for a lot of schools but it's not good enough for A&M."

8 wins for us amounts to 4-4 or 5-3 in the SEC and NEVER competing for a SEC title.

At least RC won titles in both the SWC and Big 12. We haven't done jack since then.

I guess that's why now we cheer when we only lose by 8 now.
kentky
what's wrong with cheering a team that played with great effort and heart even though they lost to a much better team?
RGLAG85
AG
CrottyKid said:

Ian Neff said:

So help me here, what would having a "killer instinct" look like? Throwing a beer on them on the way out? Cussing them out as they leave the stadium? How about we get into fights with them a la USCe or LSU?

I'm wanting to learn. I aspire to be on your alternate level. Help me!
phatbeast
AG
Who called anyone a liberal?
phatbeast
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

So pathetically true.

It's not just about the final score in any single game; it's about how the season will play out and what we can learn from the teams' performances.

We lost, but the results showed that the Aggies are better than we thought they were and that the Tide may be worse than we thought it was. If we can stand toe to toe with the #1 team in the country, we have a decent shot at finishing with 9-10 wins during the regular season. If they barely come away with a win, maybe their path to the championship isn't quite as easy as they thought it was.
45-70Ag
AG
What does killer instinct from fans looks one? A mean stare? Loud obscenities?
TangoMike
cmac94 said:

Live out of state and didn't attend the game but I have doubts that our fans were acting like we won the game. In general Aggie fans don't treat opposing fans poorly so I assume that is why the Bammers were confused by the end of game treatment. They're used to being cussed at and generally treated like ass.

TexAgs is still acting like we won.
AnalogyAg
quote=CrazyDayDuck

Quote:

about every other team in america that big an underdog against bama. and if course the high 5 is your own pathetic slant. try harder next time.
AnalogyAg
kentky said:

what's wrong with cheering a team that played with great effort and heart even though they lost to a much better team?

it's a concept foreign to some of these yoinger snowlfakes w no perspective. ive been diwn on sumlin and this team's performance in a lot of areas, but proud of their effort this weekend.
Ian Neff
AG
CrottyKid said:

Ian Neff said:

Crotty,

I don't call people soft because they're liberal. I generally don't call people anything. Except "idiot" - I've been saying that a lot lately and should probably put an end to that.

Here's the point, and I think it should be something that you and all the others who "reject mediocrity" should remember:

How we treat visitors at a football game does not have anything to do with the performance on the field. Maybe it's because you're a millenial and play a lot of video games you don't understand that as you watch a game in real life, you can't control it with your potty mouth or your controller/joystick/wii magic wand.

So be nice to those who are nice to others. It's so nice to be nice. Even though maybe I wasn't that nice to you with all the gamer talk. Probably hypocritical there. I'm sorry.
ag-bq-seventy
AG
Brian DeSpain said:

I read some of that and laughed. It amazes me how some folks who are big enough fans to watch games every weekend and post on a forum can know so little about football.
Yeah, 'cause everybody here in the Zoo knows football. Just ask them.
schmellba99
AG
Tribe2013 said:

cmac94 said:

No, it isn't. Just because the board isn't full of facebook live posts of texags posters slitting their wrists doesn't mean that we are somehow thrilled or happy with the loss. Jesus Christ, some of you folks are beyond help I think.

It's amazing - the week up to the game you couldn't scroll on any thread without prediction of doom and gloom and 59-0 and tales of how bad big bad Alabama was going to come in our house and pack our fudge and how we just hoped we'd have a few scholarship players left that weren't in ICU after the game so we might be able to field a team against Florida the following week and any and all other manner of worst case scenarios.

Then we go out and play a pretty solid game, sans craptastic offensive play calling, and give Alabama a run for their money. And we absolutely thumped the spread (which again, was low compared to the vast majority of posters on this board). By all accounts, we absolutely exceeded any and every expectation for this game.

XXXX poster points that very fact out.

Typical potbanger responses:

1 - YOU ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY, YOU ARE THE REASON WE ARE WHERE WE ARE AS A PROGRAM!!!!
2 - It wasn't A&M actually playing good, don't kid yourself. We can't do that. Alabama just overlooked us and played down to our level. There is no other possible explanation for it, don't even try to do so because I'll just stick my fingers in my ear and scream "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA" until you give up.

No, nobody has said that or even implied that. Fact of the matter is that we played a hell of a game against a team that was supposed to come into Kyle and anal rape us prison shower style. I know this will come as a shock, but it is entirely possible to take good away from that game and have some positive outlook on the future of the season. Unless you are one that simply cannot accept anything positive and actively look for any and all negative and have a personal thing against the staff to the degree that no matter what happens, you cannot see anything other than negative and bad. Which encompasses about 99.9994% of zoo posters.
Goose
AG
Well said.
TexAg15
AG
What's wrong with cheering a great effort? Them running off the field hearing cheers probably helped team morale going into the swamp next week. Remember, at the end of the day, they're just kids who are going to the same university you went too. What do you want us to do, boo them?
TAQ
CrazyDayDuck said:

Confucius said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

So pathetically true.

True.

I could see Sam Houston St getting excited about only losing to Bama by 8.

But A&M ... a team that pays its coach 5 mil a year and just built a 450 mil stadium that holds over 100,000?

This is mind boogling.
TAQ
schmellba99 said:

Tribe2013 said:

cmac94 said:

No, it isn't. Just because the board isn't full of facebook live posts of texags posters slitting their wrists doesn't mean that we are somehow thrilled or happy with the loss. Jesus Christ, some of you folks are beyond help I think.

It's amazing - the week up to the game you couldn't scroll on any thread without prediction of doom and gloom and 59-0 and tales of how bad big bad Alabama was going to come in our house and pack our fudge and how we just hoped we'd have a few scholarship players left that weren't in ICU after the game so we might be able to field a team against Florida the following week and any and all other manner of worst case scenarios.

Then we go out and play a pretty solid game, sans craptastic offensive play calling, and give Alabama a run for their money. And we absolutely thumped the spread (which again, was low compared to the vast majority of posters on this board). By all accounts, we absolutely exceeded any and every expectation for this game.

XXXX poster points that very fact out.

Typical potbanger responses:

1 - YOU ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY, YOU ARE THE REASON WE ARE WHERE WE ARE AS A PROGRAM!!!!
2 - It wasn't A&M actually playing good, don't kid yourself. We can't do that. Alabama just overlooked us and played down to our level. There is no other possible explanation for it, don't even try to do so because I'll just stick my fingers in my ear and scream "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA" until you give up.

No, nobody has said that or even implied that. Fact of the matter is that we played a hell of a game against a team that was supposed to come into Kyle and anal rape us prison shower style. I know this will come as a shock, but it is entirely possible to take good away from that game and have some positive outlook on the future of the season. Unless you are one that simply cannot accept anything positive and actively look for any and all negative and have a personal thing against the staff to the degree that no matter what happens, you cannot see anything other than negative and bad. Which encompasses about 99.9994% of zoo posters.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.