Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Do any of y'all remember a poster named NOSEGUARD?

6,117 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sex Panther
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He was right.
Famous Shoes
Bunk Moreland
What were you right about noseguard?
Famous Shoes
AG
Sorry, what'd he say?
Meximan
So long as he wasn't left.
GoodOldAgs
Garbage
TXAGBQ76
AG
Was he roho's sock?
usmcbrooks
This thread delivers...
Schrute
I like me some boobs
Humorous Username
AG
Dear diary...
RGV AG
AG
He was around in the GoBig12 days and first year or so of Texags. He was a very learned poster and you are right he was correct or very close to correct on most things football. Good poster, I always agreed with him for the most part.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
All hail the guy I don't remember and the things he said, that I also don't remember.
TX AG 88
AG
I remember him, but not specifically what he ever posted... wasn't he one of the original PotBangers?
RGV AG
AG
TX AG 88 said:

I remember him, but not specifically what he ever posted... wasn't he one of the original PotBangers?
Absolutely, and indeed he was. We were very much in agreement about things during the RC war years.
Tripacer
Some of the gobig12 converts

PHS
twk
football
IIHorn
Longhorn Bob (lol)
Baylor baseball guy whose name I can't remember, Baylor98 maybe
Spyderman
AG
TSD..
AggieDruggist89
AG
I want to say he was not an RC apologist like PHS is.
Bonfired
AG
I remember that he went on an epic rant after we lost to Tech in 1999, and that loss contributed to the 1st Great TexAgs Meltdown...board was down for a week, and we all had to re-register.

The 10/10/1999 crew knows.
Threadbare
I was on these boards way back then, and remember arguing with Panhandle Slim quite a bit. I had stayed with Slocum up until around 2000, and then was ready for a change.

I posted a long, thoughful post (a TL;DR by todays standards, really, not at all inflammatory) citing why it was time to start looking, and a mod pulled it. It made me so mad that I sent an email saying to go ahead and ban me altogether, and he was happy to oblige.

I don't remember Noseguard, but I can't even remember my username from then. I do remember that Tech game, though. A horrible holding call hurt us, if I remember right. We were number 5 going in, and it felt like all the other big road losses under RC (worse actually, because it was Tech).

That's when it really started to go downhill for Slocum. I was already pretty unhappy with the Sugar Bowl performance from the year before, and the long string of lost Jan 1 bowls, and the loss to Tech, followed by the blowout at OU, pretty much did it. If not for the emotions around the bonfire collapse and the big win against Texas that year, I'm not sure RC would have lasted through the end of 2002 like he did.
IrishAg
Biggest thing I remember from the GoBig12 board days was that idiot Dittos aka Dildos who's go to trash talk move was to say how he/she was going to dance on Kyle Field....using that line over and over and over.

Isn't that where the crazy over used Miller58 (I think) moniker/handle started also?
RGV AG
AG
Bonfired said:

I remember that he went on an epic rant after we lost to Tech in 1999, and that loss contributed to the 1st Great TexAgs Meltdown...board was down for a week, and we all had to re-register.

The 10/10/1999 crew knows.
I was gut wrenched at that loss. I remember early Sunday morning I packed my stuff up and headed into Mexico for the week, and it wasn't until like Wed or Thursday that I got a good enough internet connection to try TA and it was no buenos. I was in Mexico for about 2 weeks and just figure Texags had committed hari kari or something.

I guess it came back on and all of us had to re-register, I finally re-registered about 2 weeks later.

There were lots of rants about that 99' game. I was just sick. Sammy Morris wore the Ag's out. A&M was driving for what could have been a game winning FG and a holding call on a completion killed the drive.

The week before Tech had lost to North Texas, yes lost to North Texas and the Ag's were #5 in the country at the time.

For 2.5 years the boards were extremely caustic on RC, and that game was the true start of it.
CapCityAg89
AG
I was in Spain and found an Internet cafe where I followed on TA. I don't really think I caused the crash but I was a user cussing on there.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Do y'all remember a character named Soapy Suds (Tech-ster). I thought he was entertaining.
VatoLocoAggie
Never heard of her
Science Denier
AG
I remember Noseguard. I don't remember him being a potbanger until most had become potbangers.

I still have my GoBig12 t-shirt.

I also remember NITESIDE, from the ESPN boards. Think that was around '95 with the dial up modems.

I'm ****ing old.
RGV AG
AG
NITESIDE, wow. Haven't remembered that for years.
Post removed:
by user
Meximan
My back in the day was Face and Big Red Motors. I lurked back then, mostly.
VatoLocoAggie
I have underwear older than a lot of these New Army punks posting on here.

Lot of these NAs can't even explain bonfire.
Damn shame.
WestTexasAg
AG
Noseguard!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
:30?
cedar
Miss nose guard. Those were great times on the board. Whatever happened to that guy who ran off and started Agtimes.
Sazerac
AG
TOAg? He died a few years ago.
Leander - Ag
AG
I miss Face
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.