Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Remember to welcome the "special" USC fans this Saturday (with care)

26,908 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FriscoKid
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Two weeks removed from their fans jumping some UK fans in a nasty brawl you need to remember who you are dealing with. They aren't Clemson. They are on the dumb side of the intelligence spectrum.

Quote:

The average median salary for students who graduate from Clemson is $50,000 compared to USC's $40,000. However, 75 percent of students who graduate from Clemson have their first salary averaging $60,000, while USC's dangles at $53,000.

more facts

Anyone tailgating before the game should speak slowly and clearly to them when they approach. Let's be safe and welcome them with kid gloves. It's not really their fault and they can't be completely dumb because they did somehow understand Siri and her directions to make it to the stadium in the first place. If they need help opening the beer do it with a smile and don't judge them. We can exchange stories later.

Be safe and Gig'Em.
FriscoKid
AG
Except for this guy. He thinks College Station is in Arlington for some reason.

Quote:

A&M is a dumpster fire. They barely completed 50% for barely 210 yards of their passes against a terrible defense yesterday against the hawgs. They had runs of 79, 44, and 18 which made up for half their rushing gains. We've been pretty good against the run. We can definitely beat these guys.

Lets help the Aggies get rid of Sumlin by kicking some Aggie ass in Arlington.

From Cocky Talk
aeroag14
AG
I only post this because this thread showed up on Cocky talk.

I went to Columbia in 2014 with 4 other guys.

Never have I been around a ruder and less welcoming group of people in my life. Made LSU look like saints.

1) As we got to Columbia Wednesday evening, we decided to go check out campus. Within the first five minutes on campus we heard a guy yell "GO THE **** HOME!" to us. As we turned around to see who had said it, the kid immediately took off running in the exact opposite direction.

2) We went out on Wednesday night. We ended up at a pretty cool bar (forget the name but it had a cool patio). Anyway, we were sitting in the patio at the very back (near an exit) minding our own business. In fact, at the table for 6 people, we occupied 5 of the seats and were talking amongst our selves. Every group of people that would walk by us on the way to the exit would make some nasty remark along the lines of "Go the **** home" or "Youre not f***ing welcome here!". Eventually one guy in a USC shirt came up and kindly welcomed us to Columbia and asked how we were enjoying our stay. We told him that everyone seemed a little rude and we hadn't really been around fans that rude before. He almost laughed in disbelief. He then started to say he couldn't believe USC fans would act in such a way. Mid sentence a group of cute girls walked by and proceeded to tell us to go the eff home.

3) Went to yell practice which was a cluster. Had at least 5 older (50+year old) USC fans apologize to us for the behavior of the students

4) Went to tailgate the next day (which was weak tailgating). As we walked around (again minding our own business, just taking in the atmosphere), we were told the "**** off!" or "Go the **** home!" by almost every group of students we came across. Interestingly enough, it was the girls that were (by far) worse than he guys. We even had a few guys apologize for the girls.

5) At one point we ran into some other Aggie students tailgating. We asked them what they were doing and they pointed up the street to a group of cops and a USC student sitting on the ground. The Ags said something along the lines of "A USC student sucker punched our buddy and now the guy is getting arrested". Apparently the Aggies knew some people in a Frat were tailgating with them. They were playing beer pong and one reached down to pick up the ball and on his way to stand back up he got sucker punched. Last I heard the student got arrested and the Aggie may have even pressed charges.

I would like to say that I experience was a one-off. But virtually every Aggie that I have talked to that has been to Columbia has a pretty similar story. On top of that I would say the stadium experience rates lower than most in the SEC and the tailgating was the worst of any SEC game I have ever been to. Finally, the town of Columbia was nothing special. 5 points (the bar area) was ok, but ultimately pretty small and underwhelming.
dallasiteinsa02
I spoke with a few South Carolina fans before the game in 2014. They said they have two types of fans. Those under 30 that think they are always decent and those over 30 that remember that for the majority of their history they suck. They act accordingly to their group.
HoustonAg2014
AG
I went to the game in 2014 and I can confirm I've never met a more rude fan base. Students yelling "go the f$$& home." Saw one student riding in a truck and peg an Ag in the face with a football as they drove by. Dumbass didn't realize he was about to hit traffic and got his ass beat. One of several brawls I whitnessed when there ALL started by them. They made tech look like Saints.
aeroag14
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

I spoke with a few South Carolina fans before the game in 2014. They said they have two types of fans. Those under 30 that think they are always decent and those over 30 that remember that for the majority of their history they suck. They act accordingly to their group.

Can confirm this as well. About the highlight of tailgating was the one tailgate we were invited into. It was a group of about 15 40 yo fans. All of them super friendly and offered us beer. They said the same thing that they hear what students say to opposing fans and are ashamed but most of the older fans are pretty good because they know what it is like to lose.
stetson
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

I'm getting the sense that they are the TCEH of the SEC.
Olaf
AG
Hmmm, I've always heard that USC fans were nicer than UCLA fans... kind of shocked. Wouldn't mind having a game in Los Angeles again though!
BenFiasco14
AG
I had a fantastic experience in columbia last year. Fans were great, was invited into numerous tailgates. Made new friends I still talk to today.

Maybe y'all are just dewshes?
champagnepapi
This is unfortunate. I was planning on taking my 2 and a half year old daughter there for the game next year.
rbcs_2
AG
Quote:

The average median

Hmm...
agsquirrel97
AG
Olaf said:

Hmmm, I've always heard that USC fans were nicer than UCLA fans... kind of shocked. Wouldn't mind having a game in Los Angeles again though!
Irony, a thread making fun of USCe because one USCe student thinks we are in Arlington.

I guess no fan base is immune to the dumbassery
Frank Grimes
AG
I went in 2014 and 2016. I didn't have any problems, and many of the South Carolina fans were very friendly.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
This is good. We need some actual hate.
Olaf
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

Olaf said:

Irony, a thread making fun of USCe because one USCe student thinks we are in Arlington.

I guess no fan base is immune to the dumbassery

You sir missed the sarcasm.
42134aNatty
1996 Clemson grad here, and I have to chime in on the Chickens thread. I have been to the Clemson v. USC game in Columbia, SC for every game sans one going all the way back to 1993. I have not experienced the level of vitriol some have described. However, I know the rules of going to the zoo. 1. Never feed the animals. 2. Never pet the animals. No matter how friendly they seem at the moment, understand they are animals and may attack even when unprovoked. Also, I have found the longer I stay in the stadium the fewer I have to deal with on the way out because they are like cockroaches when the lights come on when faced with adversity.

Now to more important matters. Last night I booked a hotel room for the game next year. I literally cannot wait to introduce my family to the level of hospitality shown by the Aggies that I experienced in 2005 and 2006. They've heard countless stories of the best game I've ever been to outside of Death Valley for the last 12 years, and was a terrible game because we got whipped.

I don't think my buddies bought a single beer at the Dixie Chicken and within a half hour of being there someone gave us a parking pass. We tailgated with a group in the shadow of the stadium where the guy cooked Tex Mex on a grill the size of my F150. I can't wait to hang out with the Aggies again!

Last thing; "I will cut off the horns of all the wicked..." Psalm 75:10. I'm going to buy that t-shirt on this visit, hopefully it's still a staple.
greg.w.h
AG
Olaf said:

That's U$C...
Shooter McGavin
AG
Walking around the tailgates in 2014, we observed that the students were pretty rude, and to echo other posts, it was mostly the females.

The town, stadium and fan base does not exactly warrant a return trip.

Charleston is badass though.
texancanuck11
That one group is, I'm sure, an accurate depiction of the entire fan base.
agsalaska
AG
Frank Grimes said:

I went in 2014 and 2016. I didn't have any problems, and many of the South Carolina fans were very friendly.
Me too. I went in 2014 and had a blast. No problems at all with any USC fans. I thought they were all really cool.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Good bull, you're always welcome in Aggieland!
biobioprof
FriscoKid said:

Except for this guy. He thinks College Station is in Arlington for some reason.

Quote:

A&M is a dumpster fire. They barely completed 50% for barely 210 yards of their passes against a terrible defense yesterday against the hawgs. They had runs of 79, 44, and 18 which made up for half their rushing gains. We've been pretty good against the run. We can definitely beat these guys.

Lets help the Aggies get rid of Sumlin by kicking some Aggie ass in Arlington.

From Cocky Talk
That's after they get back at us by having a pep rally on the Capitol grounds in Austin, right?
HTownAg
AG
Sounds like Colorado fans.......

after the 1995 upset win over the A&M in Boulder, the CU fans fought among themselves and many were arrested....

we were threatened by several large groups as we left the stadium and walked to our car, we would up walking by the CU athletic complex and several parents of CU players apologized for the student behavior and thanked us for making the trip

so we go to dinner and haven't even ordered yet before almost 10 CU fans come up to the table and confront us...saying F*** you Texans, get your asses back home where you belong, leave now or we will kick your ass...I called for the manager who got them to return to their seats but the idiots would shout F*** you Aggies the rest of the meal...

I would hate to see how they acted if CU would have lost
Meximan
Financial figures like the one in the OP make me realize how far apart my social caste is from y'all's. I will never be able to know the kind of life y'all live.
AnalogyAg
Went to Columbia last year and heard zero negative comments and no bad experiences.

i may not be a dewsh, or maybe i'm losing my hearing and wasn't wearing my glasses.

looking forward to return.
PorkEatingCrusader
F*** their fans! Terrible bunch of people. I will treat them the same as they treated us.
Olaf
AG
Unless it was with class please don't.
Dr. Nefario
Meximan said:

Financial figures like the one in the OP make me realize how far apart my social caste is from y'all's. I will never be able to know the kind of life y'all live.

Aww, come on now sport, don't say things like that. If you work hard and make good decisions you can escape your pathetic minimum wage existence and make a respectable living just like a new USCe grad.
Jimbos Plaque
AG
Only USC guy I knew was the biggest a hole I've ever met. Made Bonfire jokes to me every day at work, commented that "my family has more money than you, so I don't need this job" despite the fact he drove a 6 year old Kia and wore the same clothes every day.

Also tried to sell me heroin and oxycontin, said I wouldn't get caught because I'm white.

He no longer works at my firm.
BeardedBear
AG
aeroag14 said:

I only post this because this thread showed up on Cocky talk.

I went to Columbia in 2014 with 4 other guys.

Never have I been around a ruder and less welcoming group of people in my life. Made LSU look like saints.

1) As we got to Columbia Wednesday evening, we decided to go check out campus. Within the first five minutes on campus we heard a guy yell "GO THE **** HOME!" to us. As we turned around to see who had said it, the kid immediately took off running in the exact opposite direction.

2) We went out on Wednesday night. We ended up at a pretty cool bar (forget the name but it had a cool patio). Anyway, we were sitting in the patio at the very back (near an exit) minding our own business. In fact, at the table for 6 people, we occupied 5 of the seats and were talking amongst our selves. Every group of people that would walk by us on the way to the exit would make some nasty remark along the lines of "Go the **** home" or "Youre not f***ing welcome here!". Eventually one guy in a USC shirt came up and kindly welcomed us to Columbia and asked how we were enjoying our stay. We told him that everyone seemed a little rude and we hadn't really been around fans that rude before. He almost laughed in disbelief. He then started to say he couldn't believe USC fans would act in such a way. Mid sentence a group of cute girls walked by and proceeded to tell us to go the eff home.

3) Went to yell practice which was a cluster. Had at least 5 older (50+year old) USC fans apologize to us for the behavior of the students

4) Went to tailgate the next day (which was weak tailgating). As we walked around (again minding our own business, just taking in the atmosphere), we were told the "**** off!" or "Go the **** home!" by almost every group of students we came across. Interestingly enough, it was the girls that were (by far) worse than he guys. We even had a few guys apologize for the girls.

5) At one point we ran into some other Aggie students tailgating. We asked them what they were doing and they pointed up the street to a group of cops and a USC student sitting on the ground. The Ags said something along the lines of "A USC student sucker punched our buddy and now the guy is getting arrested". Apparently the Aggies knew some people in a Frat were tailgating with them. They were playing beer pong and one reached down to pick up the ball and on his way to stand back up he got sucker punched. Last I heard the student got arrested and the Aggie may have even pressed charges.

I would like to say that I experience was a one-off. But virtually every Aggie that I have talked to that has been to Columbia has a pretty similar story. On top of that I would say the stadium experience rates lower than most in the SEC and the tailgating was the worst of any SEC game I have ever been to. Finally, the town of Columbia was nothing special. 5 points (the bar area) was ok, but ultimately pretty small and underwhelming.
Had the same exact experience.

Maybe it was so jarring because I wasn't expecting it, but I said I wouldn't be going back to Columbia for a game anytime soon.
CockyInDallas
So, hello Aggies. I'm just going to get right into it...

1. If anything I'm hearing about y'all's visits to Columbia in '14 and '16 is true, I apologize. That is truly embarrassing for our fan base... we have always prided ourselves on being friendly and welcoming. I think I can understand it though, and it's fear of the unknown. While I think your traditions are unique and interesting, some of our fans got pretty upset about the 2014 yell practice at the state house. They saw it as an insult to the state of South Carolina. I didn't particularly care, but a lot of folks did. It's embarrassing, honestly.

2. I'm in a weird situation where I have Aggie family, yet I am an SC graduate... I think it's a great rivalry. It works out well for me since I moved to Texas after college/military service. I'm grateful to be able to see my team in Texas every 2 years.

3. I will be in CS for the game Saturday. First time since the rivalry was announced, and I'm excited. Haven't been to see Carolina play since 2005. I'm hoping for a good game (I'm almost positive y'all got this). From what I've learned from living in Texas (well, I was born in Texarkana...) Texans are classy folks. I don't expect I will be treated anything like some of your fans were treated in Columbia.

Good luck y'all.
FriscoKid
AG
Quote:

Sorry to burst your bubble but they aren't a miltary school. Hence why they are called Fake Army. A&M stands for Agriculture and Marine. They're just playing dress up.

Did you guys know this?
AnalogyAg
PorkEatingCrusader said:

F*** their fans! Terrible bunch of people. I will treat them the same as they treated us.

No. you're a dewsh if you do.
AnalogyAg

FriscoKid said:

Quote:

Sorry to burst your bubble but they aren't a miltary school. Hence why they are called Fake Army. A&M stands for Agriculture and Marine. They're just playing dress up.

Did you guys know this?

cool. so does that make me a vet now?
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

we were threatened by several large groups as we left the stadium and walked to our car, we would up walking by the CU athletic complex and several parents of CU players apologized for the student behavior and thanked us for making the trip

I had the exact same experience. We were on the receiving end of constant S$&t-talking all the way back to our car. We went out with a buddy' older sister that night and people talked s#$t constantly at every place we stopped. It was relentless.

I found it pretty odd as the kids looked like the typical stoner, mountain folk you would expect in Boulder. Unshaven, bad haircut, had not showered, etc. You would think they would be mellow on that bud but apparently not.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.