Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Arky game win or loss?

10,208 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LongOffTheTee
Dr. Teeth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nothing would surprise me, honestly.
trm94
AG
Loss - no Faith in Sumlin or his staff
CrazyDayDuck
schmellba99 said:

bv86ag said:

This game and USCe will be the only 2 chances to win an SEC game this year. If they don't it is 3-9. No teams other than Bama are great, but our pass defense will continually be beaten by mediocre offenses.
Jeebus. Look, we aren't competing with Alabama or OU for a national title - we all know that.

But if you honestly think we don't have a chance against anybody but Arkansas and SCe, why do you even bother watching football? How fuggin miserable is your life?

We have as good a shot at winning as we do loosing to Ole Miss, Florida and Auburn. Yeah, I know that Florida and Auburn are ranked, but the fact of the matter is that none of them look particularly awesome, and both Florida and Auburn have a lot of issues going on. Ole Miss is just a dumpster fire at the moment and there isn't likely to be a magical turn around coming.

Hell, we may even have a puncher's chance against LSU. Lots of football to go, but they were absolutely manhandled by State and Ogeron looked absolutely positively lost and confused on the sideline. I think their season will be determined over the next couple of games. That's way down the line though, a million things can change for both A&M & LSU between now and then. But automatically chalking up everything as a loss now is just stupid, and depressing.

Jarrin' Jay
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

bv86ag said:

This game and USCe will be the only 2 chances to win an SEC game this year. If they don't it is 3-9. No teams other than Bama are great, but our pass defense will continually be beaten by mediocre offenses.
We can beat Ole Miss at home, but yeah, 3 conference wins is probably our max.

I know a lot of people have their hopes up about beating LSU. However, we have yet to beat the Cajuns with Sumlin as our coach and the game is in Tiger Stadium.

ZERO chance we beat Ole Miss at home.

Maybe 30% chance to beat them in Oxford, where the game is, no matter their problems, due to their QB and our defense. Couldn't beat them last year in his first start ever, they then got blasted by Vandy. A&M is always good to give an opponent a needed feel good win. Sumlin is 0-3 vs Ole Miss post #2.
Racer X
AG
Slugfest. Win goes to whoever gets a lucky bounce at the end of the game.
AGGies0311
L.... 2-2
DFWag84
Whoever loses this game will be gone for sure.

I like Arkansas for the W by 10.
IATSMA
Sadly, I think we lose this one and the Arkansas QB suddenly is being talked about as a Heisman candidate. I've seen that story line play out way too often.
CrazyDayDuck
Jarrin' Jay said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

bv86ag said:

I know a lot of people have their hopes up about beating LSU. However, we have yet to beat the Cajuns with Sumlin as our coach and the game is in Tiger Stadium.

Maybe 30% chance to beat them in Oxford, where the game is, no matter their problems, due to their QB and our defense. Couldn't beat them last year in his first start ever, they then got blasted by Vandy. A&M is always good to give an opponent a needed feel good win. Sumlin is 0-3 vs Ole Miss post #2.
You're right.

I thought we got Ole Miss at home. It's Miss St that we get at home.

Still think that is our best chance of win #3 in the SEC this year.
KidDoc
AG
I'm such a stupid optimist.

Ags win 34-17

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
schmellba99
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

bv86ag said:

Last year they had a coach. This year they don't. They aren't a good team. No guarantees we win, but to flat out say that we have zero chance is just stupid and being willfully obtuse and/or letting your disdain for sumlin rule all.

I really pity some of you, seems that sitting in a hot bath with razors at your wrists is SOP.
duffelpud
AG
Expect to be blown out.

"What's this button do?"
tjack16
AG
I think we win a closer low scoring game. 20-17
Deputy Travis Junior
Ragoo said:

You have no rational ability to admit when this team looks good or that if they can carry the momentum from last weeks second half we could actually get to 8-9 wins.

Dude, it was Louisiana Lafayette and their bottom 5 defense. Tulsa beat them by as many points as we did. Pounding them in the second half does not mean we could win 8-9. It means they suck ass.
TexasAGGIEinAR
I'll be an optimist to counter all the pessimism on page 2. It's effing pitiful. I'm not going to predict Sumlin loses to Bert. He's 5-0 against the dummy. Going to pick us. If Bert beats us then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt moving forward. 30-20 Ags.
BanderaAg956
Ragoo said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

L. Arky may look like crap, but we look like crap that's been stepped in.
your are insufferably pessimistic. We get it, you hate Sumlin. You have no rational ability to admit when this team looks good or that if they can carry the momentum from last weeks second half we could actually get to 8-9 wins.

Could this coaching staff get this team to carry the incredible momentum from the 1st half of the UCLA game into the 2nd half of the UCLA game? What makes you think they can carry momentum a week but not 30 minutes?
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
cs69ag
AG
Ags have more talent and a better program. Since most of the talent is young and short on experience,
turnovers, penalties and special teams will determine a fairly close game.

I think Ags win a close one if Mann can keep his kickoffs in play. Punting has been very good as have the coverage teams. Kirk gives us an advantage.
Arky just changed fg kickers...could be good or bad.
njohn87
AG
Wrangler said:

This will be a loss with more to come. 6-6 is a best case scenario this season.
We're not getting to 6-6 if we lose to Arkansas.

I imagine it's close; we're not very good, but neither are they.
AnalogyAg
I think we win. The one big thing that has me concerned: we've had so many great escapes in this series lately, our number might be up.

"sun dont shine on the same dog's ass every day" thing
Clavell
AG
Think we win

Obviously with this Jekyll and Hyde team who knows though.

I do think a healthy OL will give Mond opportunity to take another step forward.
njohn87
AG
Clavell said:

Think we win

Obviously with this Jekyll and Hyde team who knows though.
This team is a Hyde in the streets and a Jekyll in the sheets
Leander - Ag
AG
L
bigcat22
AG
Neither team is very good, so I'm just hoping it's not a total s*** show on nationa tv
halfastros81
AG
both teams are not very good at this point. Slight edge to A&M because of talent gap.
applemac_g4
A&M 31
Arkansas 21

Sumlin has to go, but this is Arkansas after all.
schmellba99
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Ragoo said:

You have no rational ability to admit when this team looks good or that if they can carry the momentum from last weeks second half we could actually get to 8-9 wins.

Dude, it was Louisiana Lafayette and their bottom 5 defense. Tulsa beat them by as many points as we did. Pounding them in the second half does not mean we could win 8-9. It means they suck ass.
I love it.

It couldn't possibly be that we changed our entire offensive approach to the game at halftime and went to an offensive set that was both simpler than what we were trying to run, but something our personnel can actually execute well. Nope, couldn't possibly be that. The only possible explanation for the entire 2nd half of ULaLa is that they suck, there is literally nothing else in the entirety of the universe that is possible that could have affected the outcome.

Same with the defense - it couldn't possibly be that for the majority of Q3 and Q4, we ran a good defense that wasn't zone (pretty sure we didn't run much zone until late in the 4th, I'm sure if I'm wrong I will get hammered) and kept putting pressure on their QB, thus limiting what they could do. Nope, couldn't possibly be that - the only logical explanation is that they suck.

Jeebus, it's almost as if some of you folks go out and spend every ounce of energy you possibly can to either find or fabricate in your mind the most possible negative outcome or scenario imaginable.

The 2nd half against ULaLa was flat out a good half of football on both sides of the ball for our team. A lot of that is the fact that we are, rightfully, a more talented across the board team. A lot of it is also the fact that we actually ran plays on offense and defense that suited the strengths of our team. Some of it was the fact that the offensive line actually seemed to gel somewhat and was able to offer Mond protection, and some of it was Mond looking like he had settled down a bit and gained a little confidence in the pocket.

I'm not saying our staff suddenly became the best staff in the country or that Mond is the next coming of JFF or anything stupid or crazy - but a rational and objective look at the game would tell you that in the first half we tried to run plays that our personnel just don't seem to be able to run, and in the second half the staff said "eff it, run what works" and it seemed to have worked. Pretty much the polar opposite of UCLA. Will the staff continue to go with 2nd half ULaLa type game plan? No clue, but if a relative football dummy like me can easily pick up on the changes, I'd hope that even bad professional coaches can do the same as well.
swc93
AG
Win!

Our talent can overcome poor coaching better than their talent can overcome poor coaching.
bodaciousbood14
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

I've been thinking it will be a loss. However, the closer we get to game day, the more I think we pull out the win. I don't know why, but I do.
Been thinking the same thing. That's our BAS acting up I'm sure.
fightinag
Wrangler said:

This will be a loss with more to come. 6-6 is a best case scenario this season.
Lose ..... and Sumlin gets called in ....to get a contract extension and pay raise ! Acceptiong & Mediocre
btw.....I said 6-6 before the season started
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
-ME
AG
Stagecoach said:

Lose. They're due against us and I don't believe we have the coaching to win another close one. My fear is it could get ugly even, despite Arky's problems. Hope I'm wrong
Great! By your logic, we are due against LSU, MSU, Ole Miss, & Alabama!
Mark them down as wins, but a loss to Ark because they are due.
MaroonStain
AG
Ags win, 31-17.
E.KingTrill
DatTallArchitect said:

I've been thinking it will be a loss. However, the closer we get to game day, the more I think we pull out the win. I don't know why, but I do.
AGGies0311
I also want us to lose so that the fish have to keep wearing their spurs.
eATMup-Reveille
Aggies - 37
Hogs - 17

Stumpknocker
It will be more of a slap fest than a slug fest.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.