Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Arky game win or loss?

10,182 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LongOffTheTee
vander54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I just want to see how the zoo feels about this game.

Do we win or do we lose?
World's worst proofreader
aeon-ag
vander54 said:

I just want to see how the zoo feels about this game.

Do we win or do we lose?
Depends on which A&M team shows up/
offenseguru
AG
dub in a blowout. just think we click this week. still sec Ls coming tho.
DM44
A&M wins.

It's a tradition!
CajunAggie
AG
W
83Aggie
AG
W

27-21 Ags
amercer
AG
Is it November? Nope

Is it Bama? Nope

We win.
EliteZags
AG
Yes this team has gotten the triple wakeup call they needed
ABATTBQ11
AG
L. Arky may look like crap, but we look like crap that's been stepped in.
Agsuffering@bulaw
We win close in another slugfest.
lotoarmy
DatTallArchitect
AG
I've been thinking it will be a loss. However, the closer we get to game day, the more I think we pull out the win. I don't know why, but I do.
TopRowKyleField
Ags win!
cheeky
AG
Lose. They're due against us and I don't believe we have the coaching to win another close one. My fear is it could get ugly even, despite Arky's problems. Hope I'm wrong
EKG1996
AG
Close loss
StickTogetherAgs
W
Sponge
AG
amercer said:

Is it November? Nope

Is it Bama? Nope

We win.

Said the same thing before UCLA?
W
AG
Arkansas has problems.

however we know from the Ags' first 3 games...that there is going to be a quarter to a quarter-and-a-half where the A&M offense is terrible and the defense gets tired. The Ags have to survive that period of the game. And as long as it doesn't come in the 4th quarter, I think the Ags will hang on and win.

I'll say:

A&M 21
Arkansas 17
Pleasant Friendly Ag
Stagecoach said:

Lose. They're due against us and I don't believe we have the coaching to win another close one. My fear is it could get ugly even, despite Arky's problems. Hope I'm wrong

There's no such thing as being due.
Krazykat
AG
This will be a loss with more to come. 6-6 is a best case scenario this season.
Meximan
Pleasant Friendly Ag said:

Stagecoach said:

There's no such thing as being due.

Indeed. The Aggies have been due since 1939.
Deputy Travis Junior
This is a tough one to pick. We know Arkansas is much better than the scrub they pounded at home, but a decent bit worse than a "very good but not great" TCU team. Our ability gap is nearly as wide.

As long as their OL isn't completely horrific I'd give them a slight edge, though I think it'll be fairly competitive either way.
underthesea
AG
will be pretty close. Two bad teams playing each other. Toilet bowl.
Ian Neff
AG
Fact
bv86ag
AG
This game and USCe will be the only 2 chances to win an SEC game this year. If they don't it is 3-9. No teams other than Bama are great, but our pass defense will continually be beaten by mediocre offenses.
Hamburger Dan
I'd pick a loss. They should have the edge in QB play, but who knows. Both programs seem to be circling the drain.
agz win
AG
Good Guys 27
Deliverance 13
91Ags_
AG
I think Vegas is probably right. Ags win a close one.
Ragoo
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

L. Arky may look like crap, but we look like crap that's been stepped in.
your are insufferably pessimistic. We get it, you hate Sumlin. You have no rational ability to admit when this team looks good or that if they can carry the momentum from last weeks second half we could actually get to 8-9 wins.
ironmanag
AG
If the first half of UCLA ags and the second half of ULALA ags show up this will be a laugher. The pigs lack talent at all levels.

If the 4th quarter of UCLA or the first half of ULALA ags show up. We lose a heart breaker.

I say 34-21 Ags.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Ragoo
AG
91Ags_ said:

I think Vegas is probably right. Ags win a close one.
i think it is close too. I think the only way Arkansas has a chance to win is by minimize each team's number of possessions. I expect to see a lot of ground and pound with a spattering of play action. I don't think Arkansas can ground and pound to victory but if they can connect on 3-4 deep balls they could win.

I certainly don't think they can win by letting Allen gunsling.
CrazyDayDuck
amercer said:

Is it November? Nope

Is it Bama? Nope

We win.
Are you implying that there is a pattern here?

I think we beat Arky and USCe (who would be the two worst teams in the SEC was it not for Mizzou), At 4-1, the Sumlin crowd will cheer, "We've turned the corner!". Then we lose four straight (Bama, Florida, Miss St and Auburn). At 4-5, everyone will say, "Oh no, we suck again!" Then we beat both New Mexico and Ole Miss. At 6-5, the Sumlin people are right back again saying, "If we beat LSU and win our bowl, that's 8 wins and Sumlin should stay with 8 wins in a rebuilding year. However, we lose to the Cajuns in Baton Rouge and end up 6-6. After an invite to the Independence Bowl, it becomes obvious to even the most loyal Sumlin supporters that a change is needed.

At least that is what my girlfriend tells me.
CrazyDayDuck
bv86ag said:

This game and USCe will be the only 2 chances to win an SEC game this year. If they don't it is 3-9. No teams other than Bama are great, but our pass defense will continually be beaten by mediocre offenses.
We can beat Ole Miss at home, but yeah, 3 conference wins is probably our max.

I know a lot of people have their hopes up about beating LSU. However, we have yet to beat the Cajuns with Sumlin as our coach and the game is in Tiger Stadium.
schmellba99
AG
bv86ag said:

Jeebus. Look, we aren't competing with Alabama or OU for a national title - we all know that.

But if you honestly think we don't have a chance against anybody but Arkansas and SCe, why do you even bother watching football? How fuggin miserable is your life?

We have as good a shot at winning as we do loosing to Ole Miss, Florida and Auburn. Yeah, I know that Florida and Auburn are ranked, but the fact of the matter is that none of them look particularly awesome, and both Florida and Auburn have a lot of issues going on. Ole Miss is just a dumpster fire at the moment and there isn't likely to be a magical turn around coming.

Hell, we may even have a puncher's chance against LSU. Lots of football to go, but they were absolutely manhandled by State and Ogeron looked absolutely positively lost and confused on the sideline. I think their season will be determined over the next couple of games. That's way down the line though, a million things can change for both A&M & LSU between now and then. But automatically chalking up everything as a loss now is just stupid, and depressing.
agsalaska
AG
We win this weekend.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.