Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What is Speedy Noil doing?

12,908 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Nino Brown
Cancelled
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any updates?
TSUAggie
My guess would be weed.
Sponge
AG
Eagle78
Sad. The guy had such a promising future because he is an unreal athlete.
Aston04
AG
Is he? He struggled creating separation at the college level. And it wasn't just unrefined route running to blame.
jja79
AG
Wasn't very fast though. He couldn't run past anyone.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Tabuyo was a better receiver.
Strategy
AG
Sumlin doesn't run a disciplined program or set expectations where guys like this drop habits and buy into the vision of the program and have a higher level of faith in themselves.

See: Kirk Merrit, Golden, Claiborne, Johnny, etc.
vander54
S
RebelgentlemenE2 said:

Sumlin doesn't run a disciplined program or set expectations where guys like this drop habits and buy into the vision of the program and have a higher level of faith in themselves.

What about Saban, Miles, Fisher, etc?
Raven
S
Did anyone answer the op's question? I would be interested in knowing the answer. I cheered many times for Speedy and while he did not reach my lofty expectations, we have had many players who did not perform as well as he did.
ashley
RebelgentlemenE2 said:

Some guys can't be fixed.
90ags
Every major program has their issues....too many kids coming from tough, undisciplined backgrounds who have to grow up fast (and some never do until it's too late). JFF's immaturity wasted his chance although many tried along the way.

Florida has like 6-7 players not playing in their opener vs. Michigan due to suspensions for one reason or another. They'll probably lose the game just due to that fact alone.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
ironmanag
AG
90ags said:

Every major program has their issues....too many kids coming from tough, undisciplined backgrounds who have to grow up fast (and some never do until it's too late). JFF's immaturity wasted his chance although many tried along the way.

Florida has like 6-7 players not playing in their opener vs. Michigan due to suspensions for one reason or another. They'll probably lose the game just due to that fact alone.

Come on now only Sumlin's program has these issues. We played Florida in 2012 so thier current issues are a result of exposure to Sumlin.

Forget the fact that A&M had more academic all sec and all- americans than any other sec school including vanderbilt. Forget the mission trips and school programs.

Also forget that every school in the sec including bama plays rap at practice.

Its all Sumlins fault.
ashley
When schools take guys that have discipline problems it usually doesn't come as a surprise to their coaches. Their high school coach has almost always informed their recruiter that they can expect the player to be challenging at the least. Sometime these guys are so good in HS that they think it is worth the risk of taking them.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
In before Sumlin has lost control of every program in the U.S.
zephyr88
AG
I feel for the kid. He made some bad decisions, like we all did when we were 20-21. His decision to declare was a by-product of a number of previous bad decisions. Hopefully, he'll stick with it and get his degree somewhere. Life is tougher without a degree.
Punked Shank
AG
Sumlin has lost control of all programs across the US
Eagle78
ironmanag said:

90ags said:

Come on now only Sumlin's program has these issues. We played Florida in 2012 so thier current issues are a result of exposure to Sumlin.

Forget the fact that A&M had more academic all sec and all- americans than any other sec school including vanderbilt. Forget the mission trips and school programs.

Its all Sumlins fault.
People basically saying that a person is not responsible for his own actions. To that I say hogwash.
Tom Hagen
AG
John Cocktolstoy
I know late May Seahawks waived him, and before that he was at minicamp with Greenbay. So you have two great QB's to help you shine and neither wanted him. Off field problems turn your locker room upside down, and he lacks discipline...NFL teams don't go for guy's like this. He will have to make some drastic character changes.
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
94 Killer
AG
At my high school, some of our best athletes never see the field. They lack the maturity, discipline, priorities, judgment, common sense, and on and on. It's just how it is. You work with them, give them second chances, and some of them 'click' and make a commitment to excellence-- and some do no. Physical tools get you a good way up the ladder, but it's the mental ones that get you to the top.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I'm pretty sure I saw him with OP's mom last night...
Class of 65
AG
So is he out on the street?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Eagle78 said:

ironmanag said:

90ags said:

Its all Sumlins fault.
People basically saying that a person is not responsible for his own actions. To that I say hogwash.

To an extent, they're not. People are a product of their raising. Johnny's a good example. His problems stemmed from a childhood that lacked discipline and accountability. It's hard to learn those things as a child without any exposure to them. Sure, at some point he is responsible for his actions because he should be mature enough to recognize what he needs to do, but that maturity came a lot later in his life than most because he was never forced to mature as a young kid like most other people. He was also very set in a pattern of behavior when he got here thanks to that childhood.

I'd say he's definitely responsible now and had been for a while now, but I don't think he should shoulder all of the blame for how his life has turned out. Same goes for a lot of irresponsible people. They're really the product of bad or misguided parenting that drove poor personal choices, not necessarily just those choices themselves. By the time they figure things out on their own as adults, it's already too late.
zooguy96
My comments on rap music and uniforms get deleted? Really?
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Some of you guys are real ding dongs. Should Sumlin have benched Johnny? That would have gone over well... Tabuyo should have absolutely played over Speedy and I never understood that, but it had nothing to do with smoking pot and a lot on the on field production. Speedy showed flashes and I think Sumlin realized Speedy could make highlight real plays so kept him in but Jeremy was more productive.

We had the "best WRs" in the nation 3 years in a row because RSJ and Speedy were both 5 stars but neither played to their potential. RSJ should have made the switch to TE then would have been crushing it in the NFL.
Spyderman
AG
coastsrs said:

Sumlin has lost control of all programs across the US
WTF95
Sumlin lost control of every program in the country.
Just Tired
speedy had a pretty good true fish year but is yet another datapoint in the poor track record of developing players in the sumlin era.
AggieConvert16
I've been pretty quite in here, but this comment takes the cake.. There are druts in every program. I guess Alabama runs a tight ship and changes them all. Nick Saban dismissing OT Charles Baldwin and RB Tyen Jones means that Alabama has no issies and Sumlin is an idiot incapable of even tying his shoes... You pot bangers are comical!!! Can't change something that doesn't want to be changed. If Sumlin is guilty of anything it maybe is that he cares to much for these guys.. If that is the case God Bless him!!
Al Bula
AG
AggieConvert16 said:

I've been pretty quite in here, but this comment takes the cake.. There are druts in every program. I guess Alabama runs a tight ship and changes them all. Nick Saban dismissing OT Charles Baldwin and RB Tyen Jones means that Alabama has no issies and Sumlin is an idiot incapable of even tying his shoes... You pot bangers are comical!!! Can't change something that doesn't want to be changed. If Sumlin is guilty of anything it maybe is that he cares to much for these guys.. If that is the case God Bless him!!
well I found a picture of AggieConvert16

Tamu_mgm
AG
RebelgentlemenE2 said:

Geez what a stupid comment. Yea all those guys are a direct reflection on Sumlin, uh huh sure. Nevermind their own upbringing (or lack thereof), lack of self-accountability, etc. Sumlin nor ANY head coach can watch these kids even most of the time. See Bama, FSU, tOSU, LSU etc. for players with issues as well. So ignorant.
whatthehey78
AG
Pretty sure he is and will forever be the subject of..."Whatever happened to ______________".
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
turboboost
AG
Nailed it!
ashley
JT said:

speedy had a pretty good true fish year but is yet another datapoint in the poor track record of developing players in the sumlin era.

It's not Sumlins fault that Speedy repeatedly got suspended. He tried everything and apparently nothing worked.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.