Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

DeLoss Dodds to others: "Don't schecule the Aggies"

19,636 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by schmellba99
AggieTFA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TheBro said:

DayAg! said:

Quote:

They still seem to be highly visible in football with a top 5 class for 2018.
You realize the only reason they have those guys is because the bagman went back to work after refusing to help Chuckles out anymore. The F-250 giveaways are in full swing. It's like Christmas every recruiting trip they take.
Chuckles had 2 top 10 classes. Why do you think the kids they get drive F250s?
2 top 10 classes and they get shut out by iowa state and lose to 1 win kansas?
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Lateralus Ag
AG
AggieTFA06 said:

TheBro said:

DayAg! said:

Quote:

You realize the only reason they have those guys is because the bagman went back to work after refusing to help Chuckles out anymore. The F-250 giveaways are in full swing. It's like Christmas every recruiting trip they take.

Are you implying that those classes were over-rated? Because it sounds like you are implying those classes were over-rated.

And I would agree, if that is indeed what you are implying...
JodyMcD96
AG
Flashdiaz said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

annie88 said:

7aggiefan4life said:

Good!

The only "Aggies" I feel that want to see us play them are fans that never went to A&M or Texas for that matter.

Nope. The Aggies who went to A&M tu games for decades understand it. New army? Not so much. There are many older Ags that don't want it back but I don't agree with them. I miss having a true rival and the hate. I'm ready for the return.

For those who are throwing hissy fits over the possible return, well keep your ass home and don't come. **** it, we won't miss you.

I used to feel this way up until about a year ago. All it took was an interaction with an arrogant, self-righteous t-sip that proceeded to lecture me about how dumb we were to go to the SEC. Nothing pisses me off more than hearing them attempt to belligerently lecture or "educate" us about what is best for A&M.

Then I am reminded about how Delos Dodds lectured us in the media about how we lost the privilege of playing them, and how it was never an important rivalry. And learning how he arrogantly told Dr. Loftin how he would "take care of us" in the move to the PAC.

F them!

Trust me, us being in the SEC is "death by 1000 cuts" for them. It hurts them more than any football loss.

I'd rather renew with Texas Tech in Dallas once the Arkansas contract is up.
you failed to let it get to a lecture... stop them right there and tell them to worry about their own team getting to any bowl first.

The worst thing for sips is being marginalized.... which is exactly why we shouldn't play them.

for the ones saying to bring back the hate and play them, I say you don't hate them enough or you'd realize it hurts them more to not play them.

Without Bonfire, on campus, I see no need to ever play them again. They are the past and we have moved on. Consider it an issue of mind over matter, we no longer mind, so they no longer matter.
annie88
AG
you're entitled to your opinion as am I. And again when it does come back, and it will, don't even for a minute think it won't, just keep your ****ing whiney ass at home if it makes you feel better.
TheBro
Lateralus Ag said:

AggieTFA06 said:

TheBro said:

DayAg! said:

Quote:

Are you implying that those classes were over-rated? Because it sounds like you are implying those classes were over-rated.

And I would agree, if that is indeed what you are implying...

I guess we will see in a month and a half how overrated they were. 2 jrs will likely be first round picks and may be top 15 picks. Would you call that overrated?
Lungblood
Quote:

I guess we will see in a month and a half how overrated they were. 2 jrs will likely be first round picks and may be top 15 picks. Would you call that overrated?

If the team is not successful at wining NCAA games, the answer is yes.
TheBro
Lungblood said:

Quote:

We will know soon enough.
Lateralus Ag
AG
TheBro said:

Lungblood said:

Quote:

While they run through that gauntlet that is tceh, baylro, and land thief (sans big game bob)?

Sure. We will know soon enough.
AnalogyAg
Bro- you apparently missed the point. the "hot topic" conversation (such as you claim) is typically a result of how far theyve fallen. the script (ho hum, once again...) is how t.u. is turning it around. how NOW theyve righted the ship.

and funny because the bragging now on 40 acres is nothing about accomplishments but rather "PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT US! WE'Re A HOT TOPIC!!"

we'll see. remember sips AWESOME win over Notre Dame that vaulted them to #10 last year?

i predict 7-5 or 6-6.
BSCE84ag
AG
I haven't missed their smart a__ attitudes. They still are jerks, but at least I do not have to listen to it anymore.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Maybe it is the 4 martinis I've had today but F*** Texas...seriously...F*** them...like F*** them hard!
Lateralus Ag
AG
AnalogyAg said:

Bro- you apparently missed the point. the "hot topic" conversation (such as you claim) is typically a result of how far theyve fallen. the script (ho hum, once again...) is how t.u. is turning it around. how NOW theyve righted the ship.

and funny because the bragging now on 40 acres is nothing about accomplishments but rather "PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT US! WE'Re A HOT TOPIC!!"

we'll see. remember sips AWESOME win over Notre Dame that vaulted them to #10 last year?

i predict 7-5 or 6-6.

Agreed. And with Sledgehammer Tom on board now they have a built in excuse/reason to keep reporting about how Texas is on the upswing with his "rebuilding years". We might have to hear about this crap for 3-4 years now. At least with Charlie the media cut him loose pretty quick...
TheBro
AnalogyAg said:

i predict 7-5 or 6-6.
Time will tell. Who do you think has a better record Texas or A&M? Texas will win more than 6 games and you are smoking something if you really think that.
TheBro
Lateralus Ag said:

AnalogyAg said:

i predict 7-5 or 6-6.

Agreed. And with Sledgehammer Tom on board now they have a built in excuse/reason to keep reporting about how Texas is on the upswing with his "rebuilding years". We might have to hear about this crap for 3-4 years now. At least with Charlie the media cut him loose pretty quick...
If he wins 9 games next year, you will not have to worry about hearing about that crap for 3 to 4 years because in 2018, they will be talking about whether he gets them in the playoffs. At that point, they will no longer be on the upswing; they would have arrived. Hell, if they beat Maryland, San Jose State and USC out the gate, I'm sure there will be talk about a conference championship and New Year's Day bowl. I'm not saying they will beat SC, but if they do......
TheBro
Lateralus Ag said:

TheBro said:

Lungblood said:

Quote:

While they run through that gauntlet that is tceh, baylro, and land thief (sans big game bob)?

Sure. We will know soon enough.
Are Tech and Baylor really that much of a gauntlet?
Geriatric Punk
AG
annie88 said:

you're entitled to your opinion as am I. And again when it does come back, and it will, don't even for a minute think it won't, just keep your ****ing whiney ass at home if it makes you feel better.
schmellba99
AG
I honestly thought that the game would resume after a 3 or 4 year hiatus once we went to the SEC, and figured about that time frame is what it would take for myself (and most other Ags, for that matter) to begin missing the game and series.

Glad I was wrong on that front, oh so glad I was wrong on that front. I have no desire to see the game come back - zip, zilch, zero, nada. Seems that most other Ags I talk with (anecdotal, I know, don't really care either) are of the same mindset too, which is a good thing. Of those that do want the game to come back, generally speaking it's older Ags that have a case of the Stockholm syndrome. Hard to blame them much, it's all they know and for the longest time - their entire season was predicated on playing and hoping to beat the ass pirates. Not much else mattered.

I'm looking forward to a future when we can look back and say that we honestly started caring about A&M football and quit caring about tu football. Might happen in my lifetime.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Tmoneyag99 said:

wisdom said:

Texas U. reportedly asked other Big 12 teams to not schedule Texas A&M, either.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/6/28/15888324/texas-big-12-teams-not-schedule-texas-a-m
uh ...that's ....---> "schedule"
wanna know how I know you don't come around here much.

This was busted open by an FOIA done by a few TexAgers during realignment. This is REALLY old news.
See numerous articles on the 5th anniversary of our joining the SEC running NOW - DMNews for one .
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Fins Up!
AG
That is exactly where I am. Resuming the series with tu is an afterthought for me now.
agz win
AG
The sips offer no upside in renewing the series. Life moves on and so have we - enjoying the superiority of the SEC family.

Honestly, the teasippers can continue eating **** until Bevo grows another pair.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Hell ya! Screw tradition. Our school was never big on tradition anyway. Who cares if it is one of the oldest rivalries in all of American sports. They are arrogant *****s, so we should refuse to play them. I love that logic. It isn't ******ed at all.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Geriatric Punk said:

Hell ya! Screw tradition. Our school was never big on tradition anyway. Who cares if it is one of the oldest rivalries in all of American sports. They are arrogant *****s, so we should refuse to play them. I love that logic. It isn't ******ed at all.

Must be one of this old one with Stockholm Syndrome and severe BAS!
schmellba99
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Geriatric Punk said:

Must be one of this old one with Stockholm Syndrome and severe BAS!
Yep.

Probably doesn't know that this hiatus in the series isn't the first time the series has been on hold either. The last time was because t.u. didn't like our coach and refused to play us until we cowtowed to their demands and fired the coach. Which we eventually did. They went on to hammer us on an annual basis to the tune of about an 80% winning percentage that didn't change unitl the mid 80's and has only been about .500 since then.

The tradition was always great, I don't think anybody argues that - but it was more about the weekend and pagentry versus anything else. And, frankly, since 1999 it's not been the same due to Bonfire no longer being an integral part of campus life during football season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.