Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

DeLoss Dodds to others: "Don't schecule the Aggies"

19,638 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by schmellba99
Aginnebraska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Legitimate question.

Now I'm not eager to play anyone in the Big12...t.u. included.

Does an institution like t.u., actively coordinating with other regional competitors to exclude A&M from potentially lucrative athletic scheduling opportunities, break any anti-competitive or collusion laws? I know its "just football" but there dollars are material and these institutions of higher learning operate their athletic departments as businesses.

As such it seems to me that Dodds (as the AD of the most powerful member of the Big 12) organized a boycott of A&M athletics among regional competitors. Its seems that might rise to some actionable standard of 'collusion' or anti-competitive behavior. An industry or business with a similar scheme to punish a competitor would be exposed to significant risks.
TheBro
Gonads23 said:

With the total failure of the lhn, charlie, augie,etc., tu has become iowa state----invisible. They get beat regularly in all sports by baylor, purple baylor, and tceh. False pride and greed put the sips and big 12 on life support.
Are they really that invisible? They still seem to be highly visible in football with a top 5 class for 2018. How has A&M done against B12 lately?
Flashdiaz
AG
TheBro said:

Gonads23 said:

With the total failure of the lhn, charlie, augie,etc., tu has become iowa state----invisible. They get beat regularly in all sports by baylor, purple baylor, and tceh. False pride and greed put the sips and big 12 on life support.
Are they really that invisible? They still seem to be highly visible in football with a top 5 class for 2018. How has A&M done against B12 lately?
5 seems to be a magical number for the texas football program...

A&M lost to Kansas St.
Texas lost to Kansas... at football.
chipotle
e-high 5 DeLoss, you dah real mvp
Demosthenes81
AG
Wait, that old fart is still alive? dayum.
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

Hey, weren't you the guy that bet the Horns would not lose any recruits to the Sooners and then promptly vanished when Tatum decomitted?

did you ever settle up?
74OA
AG
Who? <yawn>
TheBro
Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

Hey, weren't you the guy that bet the Horns would not lose any recruits to the Sooners and then promptly vanished when Tatum decomitted?

did you ever settle up?
A. Clearly, I never vanished, correct? B. Did he actually ever accept the bet? C. I didn't know he had signed with OU. Can you fax or PDF his letter of intent to me.
TheBro
Flashdiaz said:

TheBro said:

Gonads23 said:

A&M lost to Kansas St.
Yep, A&M had a better loss. Texas lost to Kansas and fired their coach. See the real difference?
Picadillo
Deloss is the sport world equivalent of Nancy Pelosi. Presided over the demise of what he was given charge of. Hope he stays influential in Austin.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Love the circle jerk here. http://www.hookem.com/2017/06/29/former-aggies-ad-texas-big-12-colluded-not-schedule/

GhostRider76
AG
He is now a Sliver ...
Maroon Dawn
AG
Never play them ever again!
Stone44
AG
They can't even get bowl eligible. Their league is a joke. Ou is the only team the SEC would consider as a member. tu is a second tier team in a bush league. What else you need, Bro?
Flashdiaz
AG
TheBro said:

Flashdiaz said:

TheBro said:

Gonads23 said:

A&M lost to Kansas St.
Yep, A&M had a better loss. Texas lost to Kansas and fired their coach. See the real difference?

Texas didn't score 1 point against Iowa state the year before and they kept Strong for another year. keep up the same tired talking points while you can, the offseason is almost over.
annie88
AG
7aggiefan4life said:

Good!

The only "Aggies" I feel that want to see us play them are fans that never went to A&M or Texas for that matter.

Nope. The Aggies who went to A&M tu games for decades understand it. New army? Not so much. There are many older Ags that don't want it back but I don't agree with them. I miss having a true rival and the hate. I'm ready for the return.

For those who are throwing hissy fits over the possible return, well keep your ass home and don't come. **** it, we won't miss you.
TempleAg97
AG
annie88 said:

7aggiefan4life said:

Good!

The only "Aggies" I feel that want to see us play them are fans that never went to A&M or Texas for that matter.

Nope. The Aggies who went to A&M tu games for decades understand it. New army? Not so much. There are many older Ags that don't want it back but I don't agree with them. I miss having a true rival and the hate. I'm ready for the return.

For those who are throwing hissy fits over the possible return, well keep your ass home and don't come. **** it, we won't miss you.

WRONG. The first guy had it right. The vast majority of those who seem to care much anymore didn't actually go to either school.

I've been to nearly every A&M/tu game at Kyle since I was two years old and am extremely pleased to be in the SEC and never play those idiots again. When you play tu, you don't play on an even playing field. They control the message, the refs, and everything else. I feel sorry for people who still can't let go of the past and don't understand this.
TheBro
Flashdiaz said:

TheBro said:

Flashdiaz said:

TheBro said:

Gonads23 said:

A&M lost to Kansas St.

Texas didn't score 1 point against Iowa state the year before and they kept Strong for another year. keep up the same tired talking points while you can, the offseason is almost over.

Why are you focused on USF's coach. They gave Strong 3 years. What's your point today?
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
annie88 said:

7aggiefan4life said:

Good!

The Ags replaced the sips, wacoites, and tech with Ark, LSU and Bama...anyway you slice that, it is an upgrade! You may still hate the sips and wish them every possible failure...which they deserve in spades!
BJC
AG
swc93 said:

Wish this would apply to Bowl Games. Hate ruining a fun event by playing a step-sibling from a failed marriage.
I agree swc93, this makes us going to the SEC look more like a lateral move since the Sugar Bowl pits the SEC champ vs the BigXII champ; which is why couldn't the BigXII champ have an auto-bid to the Cotton Bowl?
Texas A&M Aggie Class of '96
Gil Renard
AG
TheBro said:

Flashdiaz said:

TheBro said:

Flashdiaz said:

TheBro said:

Gonads23 said:

A&M lost to Kansas St.

Why are you focused on USF's coach. They gave Strong 3 years. What's your point today?

Texas lost to Kansas and didn't make a bowl and has been the joke of CFB the last few years please stay down or keep trolling
Fins Up!
AG
annie88 said:

7aggiefan4life said:

Good!

I used to feel this way up until about a year ago. All it took was an interaction with an arrogant, self-righteous t-sip that proceeded to lecture me about how dumb we were to go to the SEC. Nothing pisses me off more than hearing them attempt to belligerently lecture or "educate" us about what is best for A&M.

Then I am reminded about how Delos Dodds lectured us in the media about how we lost the privilege of playing them, and how it was never an important rivalry. And learning how he arrogantly told Dr. Loftin how he would "take care of us" in the move to the PAC.

F them!

Trust me, us being in the SEC is "death by 1000 cuts" for them. It hurts them more than any football loss.

I'd rather renew with Texas Tech in Dallas once the Arkansas contract is up.
Flashdiaz
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

annie88 said:

7aggiefan4life said:

Good!

I used to feel this way up until about a year ago. All it took was an interaction with an arrogant, self-righteous t-sip that proceeded to lecture me about how dumb we were to go to the SEC. Nothing pisses me off more than hearing them attempt to belligerently lecture or "educate" us about what is best for A&M.

Then I am reminded about how Delos Dodds lectured us in the media about how we lost the privilege of playing them, and how it was never an important rivalry. And learning how he arrogantly told Dr. Loftin how he would "take care of us" in the move to the PAC.

F them!

Trust me, us being in the SEC is "death by 1000 cuts" for them. It hurts them more than any football loss.

I'd rather renew with Texas Tech in Dallas once the Arkansas contract is up.
you failed to let it get to a lecture... stop them right there and tell them to worry about their own team getting to any bowl first.

The worst thing for sips is being marginalized.... which is exactly why we shouldn't play them.

for the ones saying to bring back the hate and play them, I say you don't hate them enough or you'd realize it hurts them more to not play them.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Flash is correct. Not enough rational thought in your brain if you think renewing the rivalry helps anyone but sippy.

Sip may indeed rise back to their former "glory" but it shouldn't be because we gave them back the most premier game on their schedule.

Yea, and I include the Red River BB gun fight.
TheBro
Secolobo said:

No fkn s h it.
We were Baylor and techs highest grossing games and they mysteriously decided they couldn't fit us on their schedule? I bet tu actually paid them off in lost revenue to make up for it. Why did it take Byrne telling someone this to figure it out.
Where is the headinthesandgang ?
You think Texas sends them money? I really don't see that happening.
AnalogyAg
as said by many above, it was old news and common knowledge DeLoss circled the Big 12 wagons not to play Ags in any sport. if memory serves, it was Tech that played us first after a couple of years- i forget which sport.
TheBro
Gil Renard said:

TheBro said:

Flashdiaz said:

TheBro said:

Flashdiaz said:

TheBro said:

Gonads23 said:

A&M lost to Kansas St.

Texas lost to Kansas and didn't make a bowl and has been the joke of CFB the last few years please stay down or keep trolling
I'm curious how are they a joke. Why are you so focused on them if they are a joke? You have to admit that they have been one of the hottest CFB topics this off season. Even their pee chart made national news.
AnalogyAg
"hot topics"? is that how far t.u. has fallen???

theyre a hot topic precisely because of how far theyve fallen. so they make news whenever there is a glimmer of hope of recovery. if t.u. were an actor, it would be Lindsay Lohan, Charlie Sheen, Amy Winehouse, or Rober Downey Jr. all hot topics of their time.
TheBro
AnalogyAg said:

"hot topics"? is that how far t.u. has fallen???

theyre a hot topic precisely because of how far theyve fallen. so they make news whenever there is a glimmer of hope of recovery. if t.u. were an actor, it would be Lindsay Lohan, Charlie Sheen, Amy Winehouse, or Rober Downey Jr. all hot topics of their time.
Hottest topics means over all others in CFB. You are saying they have fallen so far to the low point of being one of the teams talked about the most this off season. That's a bad fall.
4L Aggie
AG
They do not have a "marquee" home game since we left. Early 90's Texas politics (Tech & Baylor) and the Longhorn Network killed the Big 8 and now it is the SWC all over again. We made the move we were supposed to make back in 1992 and DeLoss is just upset they did not act first. Honored and glad we matter enough to him!
jb6092
PrincessButtercup said:

Love the circle jerk here. http://www.hookem.com/2017/06/29/former-aggies-ad-texas-big-12-colluded-not-schedule/

I see accusations, but nothing to support the claim. Does someone have anything actually showing clearly that there was collusion among schools to not play?
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
tu will never view A&M as an equal...ever...they still (most of them anyways) think it is the late 40s and 50s; that we are some tiny all male school and that they are the only game in town. F*** em...I can still loathe, abhor, hate and detest those ass***** without playing them in most sports and giving them a meaningful home game in football!

F*** tu!
NathanChristie
AG
He mad because he wanted the BDF to be a brothel with bevo as the head ho and TAMU and a few others wouldn't have any of that.

A typical jealous ex wife.
DayAg!
S
Quote:

They still seem to be highly visible in football with a top 5 class for 2018.
You realize the only reason they have those guys is because the bagman went back to work after refusing to help Chuckles out anymore. The F-250 giveaways are in full swing. It's like Christmas every recruiting trip they take.
TheBro
DayAg! said:

Quote:

They still seem to be highly visible in football with a top 5 class for 2018.
You realize the only reason they have those guys is because the bagman went back to work after refusing to help Chuckles out anymore. The F-250 giveaways are in full swing. It's like Christmas every recruiting trip they take.
Chuckles had 2 top 10 classes. Why do you think the kids they get drive F250s?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.