Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sapp calls Garrett "Lazy"

12,330 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by schmellba99
dreyOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Funny. I remember sapp disappearing in a major second half in college.

Of course, the rest of the story is that he was a one-man wrecking crew in the first half and was simply exhausted and overmatched with doubleteams in the second half. I guess that makes him lazy too.
BostonAg74
I don't object so much to the criticism as I do to the source of the criticism. Warren Sapp is, was, and has always been an absolute dirtbag in every sense of the word. Dirty player, lousy husband and father, abusive to women, druggie, you name it. The guy is scum. When he says Garrett is lazy, he is attacking his character, and Warren Sapp is in no position to attack anyone's character.
The Collective
AG
This is pretty much what sports media is. Sapp may not even care...
Flashdiaz
AG
nobody with any real power to influence a team's draft choice cares what Sapp says, or anyone in the sports media.
akm91
AG
Meximan said:

If being lazy means being tackled to the ground on every play by three offensive linemen, then yes, he is lazy.

94chem
Quote:

Sapp failed both cocaine and marijuana tests
Broke? How?
oldschoolcat
AG
Did a little work for the NFL Network.....Sapp's reputation for being a Grade-A ******bag is well known throughout. He was known for constantly "big timing" everyone around him including the people that were just there to provide him whatever he needed. Including threatening violence if things didn't go exactly how he wanted.

The guy is a piece of trash....and his opinion should be treated accordingly.
2thFixinAg
Garrett's problems when they occurred were due to our crappy Linebackers. The slight delays always had to do with whether or not to crash in or not. Which is also why he would get burned by the QB pulling out the ball and hitting the edges.

When a D end can't trust his LBs to make the tackles in the gaps it sets up failures. Put him in the NFL where he just has to do his job and he will be great.
My Dad Earl
AG
I don't think there's any question that Garrett under-performed during significant conference games for the past 2 seasons (and I don't think that it was only because of getting held). It might be that he was overrated or it could be that the rest of our defense sucked so bad that teams were able to set up a better scheme to defend him. I don't know what the answer is. I have mixed feelings on his performance and I understand why the analysts do too.
BMX Bandit
31 on wonderlik
67walkon
Wouldn't put a lot of stock in a scum bags comments.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
ironmanag
AG
derekjohnson15 said:

Nope he was never held. Never.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
According to the refs, anyway.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Sapp is still bitter about his draft day drop due to all his drug use and character issue rumors that swirled around him.
Burnsey
AG
Sap all jelly cause he broke.
Unemployed
AG
Don't worry guys. Herm Edwards and Mark Dominik did a segment on ESPN that defended Garrett and called out Sapp.

So we're back in the good graces of ESPN!!!
JodyMcD96
AG
derekjohnson15 said:

Saw the tweet earlier today and was going to post it in this thread.
UntoldSpirit
AG

Uhhh, who called who lazy?
T-Shizzle
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/myles_garrett_a_closer_look_at.html
Mike Elko
AG
At first glance, I thought that was Biz Markie.
howitzercannon
AG
Is there an actual video/clip list of all the holdings/tacklings on Garret with and without penalties?

We have several pictures but they never say if a flag was thrown. It would be great to have a comparison to other penalties thrown on us for holds too, just to see the difference in what is being called.
ontheway
AG
This. Sapp couldn't carry Myles jock
FrontPorchAg
Tom Brady is a lazy qb because he only throws 4-5 TDs per game. Hardly worth the 6th round draft pick the pats spent on him.
Lateralus Ag
AG
PSA:

If you are talking about your college team it is acceptable to say "we". It is still a little db****, but acceptable

If you are talking about an NFL team, "we" is not acceptable. You aren't on the team, nor do you own the team.

HTH
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
Garrett played with a high ankle sprain half the season. He shouldn't have even played in the Tennessee game. He took plays off bc he was playing at 60% most of the second half of the season.

What bothers me most about these talking heads in sports is that half of them run their mouths about stuff they know nothing about despite the fact that it's their job to know.
cdowl38
AG
who cares?

Washed up former players can say whatever they want
Grimey
cdowl38 said:

Washed up Hall of Fame former players can say whatever they want
FIFY
Ag pride
AG
Grimey said:

cdowl38 said:

Washed up Hall of Fame former players can say whatever they want
FIFY

Doesn't matter what you accomplished personally on the field, that doesn't qualify you to comment on players anymore than most people. Being talented =/= good talent evaluator.

The guys who get paid to be good evaluators will be the ones to listen too, not that they're analysis is perfect.....but it's better than some former player who needs attention
Waterski02
AG
Skipped all the posts, personal experience tells me Warren Sapp is a real POS as a human and not worthy of his Gold Jacket.

A legitimate crappy person.
USDA AG
BostonAg74 said:

Do you think that Sapp is just jealous because Garrett will have a greater net worth than he does if he gets drafted first? Oh, wait.....just about any player who gets drafted will have a greater net worth than Warren Sapp.
I've got a greater net worth than Sapp, so do many here.
annie88
AG
Well, if anyone knows the true definition of lazy it's Warren Sapp. However in this case he's a total ****ing idiot. Actually in every case he's a total ****ing idiot.
libertyag
AG
sapp is the football equivalent of charles barkley.
Yell Practice
Don't think that Myles is lazy. Some have mentioned that he was injured much of the time. That may have caused the appearance.
AGGies0311
I see people complaining about him getting tackled and held a lot... that tells me he was physically dominated by the other team. Stop making excuses.... the herd was right
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.