Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sapp calls Garrett "Lazy"

12,289 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by schmellba99
Ag pride
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2/7Marine0311 said:

I see people complaining about him getting tackled and held a lot... that tells me he was physically dominated by the other team. Stop making excuses.... the herd was right

I'm not saying he was as good as many hyped him to be, but this logic is a tough one

Basically.....who cares if people routinely broke the rules against him......or he was hurt.....or he had no help in the second level

Saying one thing is true doesn't mean the other isnt.

By my estimation it's a bit of both
carl spacklers hat
There's a whole lot of stupid in this thread, and it begins with the notion that Myles is lazy.
carl spacklers hat
2/7Marine0311 said:

I see people complaining about him getting tackled and held a lot... that tells me he was physically dominated by the other team. Stop making excuses.... the herd was right
For a sampling of the stupid I was referencing, the above quote is a good example.
AGGies0311
How is it stupid? Dat Nguyen was small for a linebacker and overcame
schmellba99
AG
2/7Marine0311 said:

You....you just aren't very smart.
schmellba99
AG
2/7Marine0311 said:

How is it stupid? Dat Nguyen was small for a linebacker and overcame
Dat didn't play DE either. Might as well talk about how Dante Hall was small for a running back but still managed to be a good player too.
schmellba99
AG
Claud said:

Saying Myles is lazy is just plain wrong.

However, seeing Myles go crazy against UTSA and dance on the field looking totally healthy and then not getting a single solo tackle against LSU and K State combined should have teams worried.

Barnett is the safer pick but Myles obviously has tremendous upside.
Big difference in the quality of talent on the offensive line between UTSA and Alabama or LSU or Auburn or any other major D1 school.

A guy with Garrett's talent level is still better at 50% or 60% than a UTSA lineman at 100% on most days. A 60% Garrett is just not going to be able to match up with a 90% or 100% guy that is starting for Alabama or LSU or whatever. Too much to overcome in that situation, and it was blatantly evident on the field.
AGGies0311
schmellba99 said:

Claud said:

Saying Myles is lazy is just plain wrong.

However, seeing Myles go crazy against UTSA and dance on the field looking totally healthy and then not getting a single solo tackle against LSU and K State combined should have teams worried.

Barnett is the safer pick but Myles obviously has tremendous upside.
Big difference in the quality of talent on the offensive line between UTSA and Alabama or LSU or Auburn or any other major D1 school.

A guy with Garrett's talent level is still better at 50% or 60% than a UTSA lineman at 100% on most days. A 60% Garrett is just not going to be able to match up with a 90% or 100% guy that is starting for Alabama or LSU or whatever. Too much to overcome in that situation, and it was blatantly evident on the field.
This^^^^^
Is why I said what I said
Quote:

CapCityAg89
AG
In a league where holding gets called, you can't afford to double much less triple team consistently, QBs remain in the pocket and he can focus on just doing his job, Myles will absolutely dominate games. The reason this conversation is dumb is that Myles is MUCH better suited to the NFL than college.
schmellba99
AG
Except in the case of a defensive end, if he is being held or tackled by the opponent, he is not being "physically dominated". Odds are he has beaten the tackle and the last resort for the tackle is to either hold or tackle the DE - pretty much the opposite of "physically dominated".

Now if Garrett had been consistently blown back 5 yards off the ball by the opposing teams tackles, you would have a valid point. But since that pretty much never happened and Garrett spent most of his career with a tackle WWE choke holding him from behind because he had flat out beat the tackle - your point is utterly and completely wrong.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.