Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Worst Personal Aggie Sports Melt-down?

15,325 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dixichkn
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Slamming my hand down when Justin Tucker made that field goal in 2011. My ring was somehow turned sideways and I broke my pinky. Then went back to our tailgate and packed everything up and waited for almost 4 hours before my buddy got his pickup over to the north reed lawn.

I have learned to temper my expectations for my beloved aggies, they only disappoint me these days.
Deadwood
AG
CU game 1995. Was assembling some damn wine rack or something and I kicked it and smashed it to pieces.

I hate wine racks and terrible losses.
WhoHe
AG
2006 Tech ... my wife was the maid of honor in the wedding of her roommate from A&M - so the church was filled with Ags. I was with some husbands of other ladies in the wedding party - all Ags as well. We held out as long as we could watching that damn game from home, and then took off for the church, just squeaking in before the processional started.

Of course, I had to bring in an ear bud and little portable radio to hear the end of the game. When Graham Harrell hit Robert Johnson with that 40-yarder with 20 seconds left to make the game 31-27, I threw my head back in disbelief, which unplugged the headphones, and pulled the radio out of my hand at the same time.

As the sound of Dave South filled the sanctuary, i was on the floor grabbing the radio and trying to turn it off.

It may not have been the most gut-wrenching loss, but combined with the circumstances it was the sickest I ever felt.
bigblock
Visit TexAgs. Star all the "fire Sumlin" posts.
Spotted Ag
AG
WhoHe said:

2006 Tech ... my wife was the maid of honor in the wedding of her roommate from A&M - so the church was filled with Ags. I was with some husbands of other ladies in the wedding party - all Ags as well. We held out as long as we could watching that damn game from home, and then took off for the church, just squeaking in before the processional started.

Of course, I had to bring in an ear bud and little portable radio to hear the end of the game. When Graham Harrell hit Robert Johnson with that 40-yarder with 20 seconds left to make the game 31-27, I threw my head back in disbelief, which unplugged the headphones, and pulled the radio out of my hand at the same time.

As the sound of Dave South filled the sanctuary, i was on the floor grabbing the radio and trying to turn it off.

It may not have been the most gut-wrenching loss, but combined with the circumstances it was the sickest I ever felt.
EPIC!
Mort Rainey
ironmanag said:

When bonfire fell. I was a wreck.

Otherwise, it's just sports. I get frustrated during games sometimes, but as soon as the clock reaches 0:00 it has no real effect on me. It's entertainment, much like how serious I take anything written in the zoo.
This isn't the same thing at all
Amazing Moves
1995 Colorado after knocking Koy outta the game. 1995 Texas when we couldn't beat a hobbled James Brown. Those two really made me explode.

but,

The 1998 Texas game when Mike Hankwitz went into prevent against Major after coming back and taking the lead... I can feel the anger today. The Ags could have ruined the The Ricky Party.. Instead the horns roll right down the field and kick a chip shot. I lived in Austin surrounded by Texas friends at work and socially. So..

I went from this..

to this

and finally

About 5 seconds after that, I threw my ottoman up against the wall in front of my fiance, parents and 1 year old who immediately started giggling. Lets just say it left a mark. Young people...
Meximan
Spicewood Ag said:

Bama '13, Bama '14, Bama '15, Bama '16 - Was overserved and lost my temper at all four
You might want to lay off the booze then and temper all your expectations of any game with the Alabama Juggernaut.
Amazing Moves
Brennus said:

The ULaLa loss in 96. In retrospect they had an NFL QB and WR and we had 7 turnovers or something.
and this one. Got in on Pay Per View and invited 3 buddies over who were Texas fans. I was more shocked than boiling but, still. Those 1st 2 ints by Stewart were awful. Tiki fumbling.
Amazing Moves
Quote:

I threw my roommates entire cooler of Milwaukees Best over our balcony.

Sounds like a net gain.
Sparkie
AG
So hard to pick just one moment since we have all been given so many over the years.

Now anytime after the sixth game of the season with Sumlin, the cats hide under the furniture.
BrotherChad
AG
Is anyone else having Metldown Envy?
Wabs
AG
I didn't "meltdown", but the most disappointed/depressed/angry I have been was last year when the baseball team fell (again) to TCU. I thought that team would win the CWS. Still depressed about it - a great group of guys on that team.
EliteZags
AG
Bob Harris said:

Had an embarrassingly drunk meltdown in the Alamodome when we lost to Memphis in the Sweet 16 in 2007. All I remember is the nicest old lady patting my arm and telling me everything was going to be OK, and could I please stop cursing. Awful.
was particularly awful being that was probably be best team we've had in any major sport in several decades

I was at all 3 tourney games and we woulda had the Final Four in Houston
Post removed:
by user
CoolAggie
AG
1994 in Alamodome after SMU tie and 1996 at DKR after the 51-15 drubbing we got. That's about as close as I've come into fighting fans taunting us right in our faces. Both times, luckily, all parties were restrained. Now, I just get quiet for a little while and then go hang out with my kids.
Bob Harris
Exactly. You knew BCG was leaving and our brief flirtation with basketball elite was over. Probably forever, or at least during my lifetime.
insanediego
AG
I can't ......remember......any.
proc
AG
Mississippi State game this year. At least I was at home, but I dog cussed our team on that TV all afternoon long.
jja79
AG
bigjag19 said:

I partook in the massive amounts of cursing on northside following the baylor loss in 04.

For all you youngins, Baylor really sucked and we had won a **** ton in a row.

Also, the game wasn't on TV because Big12.
I was at that game and leaving Floyd Casey I almost got impaled by Baylor students carrying the goalposts through the parking lot.
AggieLit
7 AM in Budapest on T+1, 2011, after 3 hours hunched over my laptop screen watching us lose on a field goal to sip after a horrible pass interference call. Hadn't slept in 24 hours and had class in 2 hours. Kind of lost it in front of my wife of five months. She had always poked fun at A&M to me before. She has not poked fun at us since.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
My worst came during the 1995 SWC finale against the sips, which I attended with my dad. I hope I am remembering this right, but I think it was Leeland McElroy who broke into the open field on a long run. Now that was the season that opened with A&M ranked #3, but we had lost back to back games against Colorado and Tceh to end any thoughts of a national title. And McElroy had been hurt in that game against Colorado and was unable to really overcome that injury for the remainder of the season. Ordinarily if McElroy got into the open field, he was GONE. But not on this night. A sip caught him and came about as close to making a horse-collar tackle (which I'm not sure was even on the rule books then) as he could.

At that moment I lost it. A slew of profane words came out of my mouth, very loud and very embarrassing. As soon as I let loose with those words, which I will not repeat here, I was looking for the deepest and darkest hole that I could crawl into. After a few minutes of stewing and calming down, I apologized to everyone standing near me.

The only other vocalized frustration I have displayed since then came in about 2002 when our kicker missed a few extra points against Tceh. This is the game where we kicked to Wes Welker and he burned us, but those missed kicks were the difference. I remember walking down the ramps with my brother-in-law, I was cussing that kicker and RC Slocum and probably the players and my brother-in-law told me to hush.

Those are my biggest two public blow-ups. Now here in my house, well, probably too many to count. My wife is always ready for the season to be over, especially lately with all these November melt-downs we have witnessed.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Baylor loss. First since the 80s. Drank a bottle of Smirnoff. Pissed on my buddy's couch. His wife didn't like me after that.
GinMan
AG
Cuero Ag said:

16 inning game 3 super regional loss at TCU in 15. I'm still upset.
This one sucked big 'ol donkey chiles....
Mort Rainey
jja79 said:

bigjag19 said:

I partook in the massive amounts of cursing on northside following the baylor loss in 04.

For all you youngins, Baylor really sucked and we had won a **** ton in a row.

Also, the game wasn't on TV because Big12.
I was at that game and leaving Floyd Casey I almost got impaled by Baylor students carrying the goalposts through the parking lot.
I have a friend who was at the 2001 tech game and was in the section where the tech fans tried to toss the goalpost. He still can't talk about it without getting really pissed off
Post removed:
by user
Humorous Username
AG
ISU 2005. Tech 2006. Too embarrassed to mention what I did, other than to say that Fran's time at A&M made me realize it's just a game, and spending loads of money on it isn't worth it.
BRAVEAG
The worst thing I've ever done is bought more season tickets
johnnyblaze36
AG
Intentionally tripped an OU band member that walked by me outside of Kyle Field after the 2000 loss 35-31. She was a she. Never felt like such a jerk after she got up and looked at me with this incredible scowl. Still think I'm going to hell for it to this day.
CodyCurry9601
Geriatric Punk said:

Baylor loss. First since the 80s. Drank a bottle of Smirnoff. Pissed on my buddy's couch. His wife didn't like me after that.

As I recall, your mother bought you the vodka.
amercer
AG
There was a picture of me in the Eagle dumping a beer over at Fox and Hound during the 1999 tech game....
wangus12
AG
Probably 2011 against the sips. Watching that game go down the hole as a senior after that entire season, I blew my top. Pretty sure I sat in the stands until Kyle was nearly empty.

Ever since then, I just don't have to stomach for it anymore. If I'm not at the game physically, I typically just leave the room when things start to head south.
Deadwood
AG
On a upbeat note, the day we beat Alabama I stood on the bar and sang the Aggie war hymn with some others. It was crazy. Since the bar was full of Aggies (A&M club) no one stopped us.

Enjoy it when it comes, it doesn't come around often.
Sublette County
AG
2008 NCAA tournament game against UCLA, Donald Sloan was mauled by Collison and Shipp, but the refs swallowed their whistles. I kicked a full 55 gallon trash can down the Hart J-ramp stairs.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Amazing Moves said:

Brennus said:

The ULaLa loss in 96. In retrospect they had an NFL QB and WR and we had 7 turnovers or something.
and this one. Got in on Pay Per View and invited 3 buddies over who were Texas fans. I was more shocked than boiling but, still. Those 1st 2 ints by Stewart were awful. Tiki fumbling.

We also got this on pay per view. Drunken meltdown that I won't detail ended with me passing out in the Treehouse parking lot.

#2 Would be after the terrible Cotton Bowl loss to UT. Embarrassingly angry and intoxicated leaving the stadium. This past seasons victory over them began the healing process for that one.

#3 After Fran's loss to Clemson. I 'Bama fanned my fireplace as they kicked a field goal for a 1-point win and broke a couple knuckles.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.