Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Worst Personal Aggie Sports Melt-down?

15,283 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dixichkn
Jawbreaker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh the horrific memory of the 2011 sip game.
t.u. 98
2005 ISU
Anything with Fran.
The losses to ND and Wv in the 90s.....
I can't pick.
superunknown
AG
Meximan said:

Nebules said:

1994 Cotton Bowl loss, on the last play of the game w/ the failed hook n' lateral, because we'd just barely lost to Lou Holtz, and lost to Holtz for the second Cotton Bowl in a row. I absolutely despised Lou Holtz at the time, and wanted to beat the crap outta that little sheet. Sure enough, later that evening I was watching him being interviewed on TV, remarking how Dallas had "been very good to them", and they really "enjoyed their stay".
Hook n' ladder.

Kidding, right?
rebelAg02
Easily the loss to Texas at Kyle for our last Big 12 game.... by far
Yell Practice
Of course, when the Bonfire fell, it Destroyed us all. Talk about Meltdown.
Jlove1770
AG
Agree
Slwdsm
Arkansas in 2010? Whichever year Sherman decided to blow a huge lead by throwing the ball when had been destroying them in the ground game.
TMan86
AG
1993 Cotton Bowl vs Notre Dame.
I had spent a decent amount on 50 yard line seats for wife and myself and had stupidly laid a decent amount in bets against jackass domers from NY. Night before the game Dallas Cowboy QB Steve Burlein (former ND QB) had dissed my beloved Aggies and practically questioned their manhood in a tv interview.
Fast forward to halftime of the Cotton Bowl where the Irish had pretty much had their way with us in the first half. I was incensed.
Since the crowd was 80% Aggies you could hear a pin drop and low and behold her comes Steve Burlein up the ramp towards my row. I promptly lose my mind and yell at the top of my voice, which I believe everyone in the stadium heard, "Burlein, YOU SUCK"!!!
What happened next was pandemonium as Burlein and I tried to get at each other. Luckily for me, there was about 10 people between us. We parted with a couple of #1 salutes. I sat down and looked at my horrified wife and it hit me, Jackass of the day was me.
Bockaneer
AG
man, that's rough

93 Cotton Bowl I bought 6 tickets up high - as the afternoon grew long the ice melted out of the lights and fell crashing around us - fun times still can't hate that one, got engaged at yell practice
UndergroundAg
This thread did not deliver.....
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Jawbreaker said:

Oh the horrific memory of the 2011 sip game.
t.u. 98
2005 ISU
Anything with Fran.
The losses to ND and Wv in the 90s.....
I can't pick.

WV?
BAS for life
WhoHe said:

2006 Tech ... my wife was the maid of honor in the wedding of her roommate from A&M - so the church was filled with Ags. I was with some husbands of other ladies in the wedding party - all Ags as well. We held out as long as we could watching that damn game from home, and then took off for the church, just squeaking in before the processional started.

Of course, I had to bring in an ear bud and little portable radio to hear the end of the game. When Graham Harrell hit Robert Johnson with that 40-yarder with 20 seconds left to make the game 31-27, I threw my head back in disbelief, which unplugged the headphones, and pulled the radio out of my hand at the same time.

As the sound of Dave South filled the sanctuary, i was on the floor grabbing the radio and trying to turn it off.

It may not have been the most gut-wrenching loss, but combined with the circumstances it was the sickest I ever felt.
that was their fault...this is why you dont get married during football season!!!
wesag
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Bob Harris said:

Had an embarrassingly drunk meltdown in the Alamodome when we lost to Memphis in the Sweet 16 in 2007. All I remember is the nicest old lady patting my arm and telling me everything was going to be OK, and could I please stop cursing. Awful.

Was there too. We ran into Billy Gillespies mom on the way out, who basically told us he was leaving

Should have stayed.
wesag
AG
TMan86 said:

1993 Cotton Bowl vs Notre Dame.
I had spent a decent amount on 50 yard line seats for wife and myself and had stupidly laid a decent amount in bets against jackass domers from NY. Night before the game Dallas Cowboy QB Steve Burlein (former ND QB) had dissed my beloved Aggies and practically questioned their manhood in a tv interview.
Fast forward to halftime of the Cotton Bowl where the Irish had pretty much had their way with us in the first half. I was incensed.
Since the crowd was 80% Aggies you could hear a pin drop and low and behold her comes Steve Burlein up the ramp towards my row. I promptly lose my mind and yell at the top of my voice, which I believe everyone in the stadium heard, "Burlein, YOU SUCK"!!!
What happened next was pandemonium as Burlein and I tried to get at each other. Luckily for me, there was about 10 people between us. We parted with a couple of #1 salutes. I sat down and looked at my horrified wife and it hit me, Jackass of the day was me.

That's pretty awesome really
Sarge 77
'05 Cotton Bowl...I left early.
wesag
AG
Deadwood said:

CU game 1995. Was assembling some damn wine rack or something and I kicked it and smashed it to pieces.

I hate wine racks and terrible losses.

Wine racks are dumb and pretentious.
Dr. Mike 69
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

The bowl game against Georgia in Shreveport.

Holy crap.

Yep. We stunk up the joint. To make matters worse, some fat UGA thug had jumped up and landed his fat butt on the hood of my new car. Perfect imprint. Had to get the hood replaced when I got home. Did not matter that I had a U. S. Army Retired decal on my back window along with an A&M one. Sorry game and sorry fans.
dixichkn
AG
Sip game 2011 bc I lost a very significant amount of money to a GD sip coworker. No reason they should have been within 2 TD's of us that night. None. I paid him and called him every name in the book and a few that weren't. He just sh**-eating-grinned me the rest of the week.

TCU baseball series. Both years.

As far as pure raging meltdown though (before the BAS set in and i just realized that that's gonna be our fate, ALWAYS)......I agree with the earlier poster, that '98 sip game. The Ricky coronation where he had *****burger slobbering on his knob the whole game and Dorsett was there on the sideline high fiving everybody.......and we had em down. We could've ruined the whole day for ABC and all the dbags in that stadium and the whole national media who was just sucking down all the Ricky juice they could handle.........and

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.