Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Taking an infant to A&M football games, ticket question

22,423 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Crazy Ag 97
Gene1938
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did you ask the kid if he/she wanted to go to the game?
wsjag
AG
I would be in the 'don't do it' category if for no other reason than the cost of tickets, concessions and stuff you have to buy/bring to keep them happy and consideration of those around you.

As others have said if I was to bring a child I would wait until he/she is probably 5 at least so they can sit still for a reasonable amount of time, pick a non marquee game (UTSA, Prairie View, etc.) where seats are more available and it's one where you won't mind leaving at halftime if that is what is takes.

It's a shame ticket prices are what they are now - I remember going to many games as a kid sitting in the Horseshoe to see Rice, SMU, etc for like $10. Hard to make it a family event when tickets are $75+ each usually!
ColoradoMooseHerd
quote:

It's a shame ticket prices are what they are now - I remember going to many games as a kid sitting in the Horseshoe to see Rice, SMU, etc for like $10. Hard to make it a family event when tickets are $75+ each usually!
So you want to go back to the days that games never sold out except for Texas and the Horseshoe was empty most games?
wsjag
AG
No - re-read my last line. I'm saying from a 'Take a family' standpoint - it's a lot easier to buy 5 tickets at $10 each then $75 each.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
I contend that there is not a lot of difference between drunk guys and babies at a game.

They both make loud noises, defecate if front of others, and cry constantly.

CRAMOS78
we took our baby (~8 mo) to one of the games two years ago. cant remember which one, but it was the game where it seemed like there was going to be a downpour and the game was delayed!. so we were there for a while.
I did have to by an extra ticket but that was enough space for us and the diaper bag. we were with a group of friends so the people right next to us didn't mind. the people behind us didn't seem to mind as they were talking and playing with her and even said how good she was.
I think she enjoyed it, laughing and yelling when everyone else did. she did take an hr nap. she woke up and was back at it. Game didn't finish till midnight. she was out by then but woke up on the way out and was "talking with everyone walking by.
see how she does at parties or with large groups of people and noise. if she's like mine, she'll be fine. if she freaks out, don't do it. also an evening game would help and just get the extra seat. especially if its bench seating
ColoradoMooseHerd
quote:
No - re-read my last line. I'm saying from a 'Take a family' standpoint - it's a lot easier to buy 5 tickets at $10 each then $75 each.
You realize the reason it was easier to take a family to the game, was because nobody was there, right?
The Collective
AG
My parents took me to games as a baby, but they were half full (TCU) and we sat under the upper deck in the shade. Things are a lot different these days. Sporting events aren't as family friendly as they used to be for little kids.
Gigemags382
AG
quote:
Who has experience taking their kids to a game? My question is in regards to the ticket required for an infant. Does it have to be the seat next to you, or can you just have a random ticket in the stadium? We sit in West field box, and our baby will be in my lap for the games.

Thanks

I recommend having your infant in a seat next to you rather than randomly somewhere in the stadium.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
I recommend having your infant in a seat next to you rather than randomly somewhere in the stadium.

If you can't trust your fellow Ags to look after your infant, who can you? Effin' two per center.
Southlake
And, it's not just the infants. What about the 3 or 4 year old hyper kid that doesn't even want to be at the game or have a clue what is going on? I really don't mind the kids who behave, but I do mind the parents of the kid who let the kid climb all over the other fans, spill their drinks, whine and complain while Super Aggie Dad is focused on the game with his headset on while Super Aggie Mom marvels how cute her kid is in his/her new Ahhie outfit and refuses to discipline her darling at the expense of the other fans. Most Aggie fans are too nice to complain, but believe me, we know.

Leave the infant or toddler or ADAH kid with a sitter or family and enjoy the game with your spouse and those around you.

I admit, I took my young kids to games and even tho they were pretty well behaved, we woulda had a better time without them
agz win
AG
Amen, SL.
Yell Practice
No one brings an infant twice. Find a sitter.

Super Advice, IMO.
dcbowers
AG
quote:
we took our baby (~8 mo) to one of the games two years ago. cant remember which one, but it was the game where it seemed like there was going to be a downpour and the game was delayed!. so we were there for a while.
I did have to by an extra ticket but that was enough space for us and the diaper bag. we were with a group of friends so the people right next to us didn't mind. the people behind us didn't seem to mind as they were talking and playing with her and even said how good she was.
I was one of the people sitting behind you.

Trust me, we minded.

A lot.

We kept hoping you would leave.

We kept making knowing glances to each other about why we had to be the ones to sit behind "that guy".

We hope we never see you again.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigm09
AG
We took each of our kids to a a game each year of their life. Pick a cool weather game, get the cheapest ticket, and don't worry about it.
justinskerian@gmail.com
Honestly, it seems like we have some non Aggies in this post, because man you all are acting like longhorns with these comments.
yell_on_6th st
AG
justinskerian@gmail.com said:

Honestly, it seems like we have some non Aggies in this post, because man you all are acting like longhorns with these comments.

Weird bump for a game day. WTH is wrong with you?
AgTrip
Haha that username won't get spam
BaileyAg
AG
The hell is going on in here?
BreckCO2000
AG
Everyone should bring their baby. Just get any ticket or none at all. All will be good!
Crazy Ag 97
AG
We will be taking our 7 month old (she'll be 9 months by Gameday) to her first game this year but have zero intention of enjoying the game or even staying for a significant portion. It's 100% for some pics and to just get out for the day. We are planning on the ACU game (unless it's stupid cold), will likely show up mid first quarter and high probability that we're gone by halftime. We intentionally picked a game that we didn't care about at all. And yes, she will have both ear plugs and ear muffs the entire time. Shoot, lately I even need earplugs with as loud as the stupid DJ is.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.