Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Legacy Club

47,188 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ghost of Bisbee
willaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I agree, Keegan, and I was a volunteer. I think it has nothing to do with volunteers getting used to the job - Levy had plenty of time to inform us and train us on our jobs, even if we had no access to Kyle Field. A concession is a concession is a concession - and we easily could have been trained in Olsen or Reed on the basics and then ironed out the details of the new facility a few hours before the game.

The issue came from cutting corners on saving $$ - the more times you train, the more money you spend, especially when you do hands on training because it's almost concession by concession. Or at least they could have given us a link to a training video or something to look at before we started.

It's absolutely a training issue, and I don't think over this past week the issue has been resolved. So expect another week of crappy concessions. Hopefully they'll plan better for Oct. 3.

Our organization dropped out because of the lack of planning and communication between the Ball St. game and Wednesday (the deadline for committing to work a concession for Nevada). I'm sure we weren't the only ones, but the MAIN reason for dropping out was the lack of organization in explaining how the issues would be resolved for this coming game, mainly in the areas of training and game day supervision. They hadn't really come up with an adequate answer, yet the representative I was speaking to promised that he would come and train our group personally if he had to - I doubt he has that kind of time capacity to say that to every single group... So clearly they hadn't come up with a good plan moving forward.

We'll continue to stay out of the concessions until they come up with a good solution - I have volunteers who love our organization and would work if I asked them to, but that would be damaging to our organization, which is worth no amount of money out of honor and respect for my volunteers.

I wish I could report on a better solution though - hopefully Levy turns it around before Miss St. I'll try my best to keep everyone informed Thanks and Gig 'Em.
SECTAMU#1
ttt
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Any word on the price of chicken wraps this Fall?
PlanoAg98
AG
I'd pay $24 if we can have full capacity.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
I heard $34 as they couldn't sell as many as expected last season to cover the overhead

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.