Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

De'Vante Harris and "the jump"

32,875 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Lot Y Tailgate
Texas_Aggie_12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
and why the hell was the D so worn out in the 3rd quarter?
Maybe because they expended all their energy dancing on the sidelines to music not provided by the band?

Lol
Dr. Teeth
AG
Keep in mind that this is a kid that had offers to play at Oklahoma, Oregon, Ohio State and many others and this is how he plays after three years under this staff.

But keep telling yourself that it will all get better once our players aren't freshmen anymore.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
Here it is in gif form:

Joan Wilder
AG
Anyone putting together a Harris highlight video should include a montage of him defiantly signaling incomplete pass when a receiver 5 yards away from him drops a pass on his own. He is truly a master at this.
Frisco - Ag
AG
Enough
ag92tx
quote:
Keep in mind that this is a kid that had offers to play at Oklahoma, Oregon, Ohio State and many others and this is how he plays after three years under this staff.

But keep telling yourself that it will all get better once our players aren't freshmen anymore.
BowhunterAg83
AG
quote:
He wasn't the only one who looked bad on that play. Embarrassing indeed.
True. Raven did a beautiful 360 the wrong way around a blocker. 11 people were not chasing the ball in the third qtr.
ckwarren33
Can A&M burn that clip into Snyder's resume?
Owlagdad
Put Van Halens jump to that gif
Ag_EE_88
AG
He gets thrown around like rag doll. Even on the PI call in the end zone, the receiver had no problems just pushing him to the ground. I've never seen a college football player abused so much on the field. And he's one of our 'young' db's. yay.
aeon-ag
quote:
I'm sure our coaches teach the same techniques and same fundamentals as every school in the country.
Ok, if A&M coaches coach the same way then tell me why other teams tackle, cover receivers and have more that one player who can sack a QB. and our defense stands around with their thumbs up their b..ts and one does the Harris hop.
Good Poster
AG
"Give them credit, they were a good ball club"
TJKDone
Hey we can always take solace in the athleticism displayed by the balarina like jump...seriously when will Snyder get the ax?

Gig'em
Cornerback31
AG
The whole dang defense shies away from contact. The front four won't bull rush or fight through blocks and have no pass rush. No one on the team wants to hit. The defensive scheme is based on passive bend but don't break philosophy. Not aggressive penetration. Oh, I forgot. Football is a non-contact sport in Aggieland these days. The critics are right........the finesse Sumlin Air Raid will never work in a power conference like the SEC. You must have a power running game to complement the passing attack or you are lost.
FCBlitz
Plenty of things to be upset about. Read this thread a few times without looking at the video. Now that I have there is nothing to he. Harris overruns the play and he jumps to avoid getting his legs knocked out from underneath him. There plenty to be pissed about so please stop making s hit up to me mad about.
AggieBB
AG
quote:
quote:

Oh my

What in the flying **** was that Devante?

Look real closely at the steam roller that's about to take out his legs and possibly end his career.
AggieBB
AG
quote:
Anyone putting together a Harris highlight video should include a montage of him defiantly signaling incomplete pass when a receiver 5 yards away from him drops a pass on his own. He is truly a master at this.

LMAO this!
Citizen Reign
quote:
Thanks for the gif. Refs missed the block in the back against #43 Bass.
are you kidding me? There was no block in the back.
agracer
AG
quote:
Looks to me like he had a bad angle and overshot. then when he tried to turn there were guys rolling under his legs so he did that little jump thing. Not sure what the excuse for the other 5 ags is though.
anyone could see that but it doesn't fit the narrative. and the first guy (#43 I think) tried to cut back and was blocked in the back.
Reno Hightower
Yet Snyder & Sumlin keep running Harris out there??
saw em off
There's no excuse for him to still be on the field.
Aggie
AG
Damn, I was think Devante was a senior.
Can we just give him an honorary degree so he can move on.
Would be completely worth it.
He is having the same issues he has had for 3 years.. He has not improved in 3 years.
And he is soft.. He hides behind his blocks.
knoxtom
I normally can't stand Devante's play, but I thought he had the best game of any defensive player against Missouri.

He was in on a ton of tackles, he hit hard, he was aggressive, and the jump play is so blown out of proportion. Someone was rolling into his legs so he jumped over him as he missed the tackle.

Everett was unbelievably bad against Missouri. Didn't belong on the field at all. Receivers just ran right past him. Watts was OK at best, Raven was raven (sucked), Matthews was what he is (playing linebacker because our LB's are so truly horrible).

Devante had one of his best games and it wasn't bad.
Captain Awesome

Is he the worst CB we have ever started?
Is he being punished?
Are they making him play?
This guy is getting humiliated every game.
JeffHamilton82
quote:
quote:

You better watch the gif again. #63 for mizzou definately pushes #43 in the back.
Spaceball 1
AG
We've seen for 3 years now why Sherman wasn't recruiting him. We can't keep covering up for his deficiency in tackling. He needs to sit.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I can't find a gif, but there was an attempted tackle (or I think it was an attempted tackle) late in the game vs. Duke i the bowl game that was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.
Ulrich
The majority of the time DeVante has no problem tackling, or at least shows no hesitation to make a hit. That said, he does have an occasional really bad play. This one wasn't really his fault though, as he would have lost a knee if he had planted to make a tackle. Blame this one on all of our geniuses who were baffled 94 consecutive times by a simple stretch play.
jdavis97
AG
This thread captures everything that is wrong with our team.

160lb CB's hitting a 225lb RB around the shoulders. WTF?
Corners running stride for stride with WR's and not looking back for the ball. WTF?
DeVante "toast" Harris getting burnt every GD play. WTF?

Hit somebody, GD it!!!
AGHouston11
AG
Who coaches when your man has run to the corner of the end zone and can't go any further why you never look back to see if the ball is coming?
turfman80
AG
For those who are saying Harris was trying to protect his knee/legs, IMO he put himself in that position by aiming high. If he was anticipating making a correct tackle, he would have been lowering his body to attack the runners legs and not be in that susceptible position.
BoDog
AG
Looks to me De'Vante had some motivation for Mizzou to cover the spread. B Team middle schoolers make a better effort.
TheAggiesAreWe03
AG
quote:
For those who are saying Harris was trying to protect his knee/legs, IMO he put himself in that position by aiming high. If he was anticipating making a correct tackle, he would have been lowering his body to attack the runners legs and not be in that susceptible position.

Ding ding ding!

ShadyAftermath123
Him and Everett both suck at pass coverage. It's just Harris sucks at both.
Jack Cheese
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You better watch the gif again. #63 for mizzou definately pushes #43 in the back.
Not a penalty if the back is already past the play, which he was. No impact on the play whatsoever.

No penalty, good no call.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.