Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

De'Vante Harris and "the jump"

32,849 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Lot Y Tailgate
Ramp5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
as a unit our GUYS BLOW DONKEY ****

quote:
Now off to church.

Bwahahaha!
Roman Empire
AG
Did the jump move to hop over another Aggie flailing on the ground after a missed tackle. Totally justifiable.
Aquin
AG
Devante "the butterfly" Harris will be the most experienced defensive back in the SEC next year. Got to get better...right? The kid should never get near a football game. He is afraid to hit.
Aggie GIGolo
AG
Embodies everything wrong with this defense.
Madden
That was awesome, I couldn't help but laugh at that ****. Pretty much summed up the night
JeffHamilton82
Thanks for the gif. Refs missed the block in the back against #43 Bass.
Goose83
AG
Lots of fail on display in that play, and not all of it from Harris (although his is the most embarrassing).
schwack schwack
AG
Ugh.
ckwarren33
Would someone please put together a 'highlight' clip from D Harris? Make sure to include that stiff arm from the Auburn WR. You could probably sub-divide the clip into segments, including (1) failure to turn around and look for the ball; (2) failure to tackle; and (3) post-play celebrations/masturbations.
birdman
He looked like a 5 year old pretending to do karate.

Imagine Harris saying "heee-yaaah!" when he whiffs and it's much more fun.
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
quote:
Lots of fail on display in that play, and not all of it from Harris (although his is the most embarrassing).
bigtruckguy3500
Couldn't Honeycutt replace him? I know Honeycutt isn't a great DB, but at least he's bigger.
AggieSouth06
quote:
Couldn't Honeycutt replace him? I know Honeycutt isn't a great DB, but at least he's bigger.

We have come to it at last. Campaigning for the return of Honeycutt. Next we'll be talking about the "good ol' days" with Dustin Harris.

Then the sun will go nova and the world will collapse in on itself like a neutron star, as the prophecy has foretold.
THEamc
AG
Watching that video is disgusting. Tackling is 100% about effort & technique. This team has not shown consistent improvement. Therefore a change needs to be made.
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
quote:

No.
unmade bed
Horrible pursuit by the team on that play. It's like they were racing the RB to the sideline, not trying to tackle him. The cut back totally blew their minds.
ffco
This is my take...agree that Harris had to jump to avoid getting rolled, then he looks to reach for what would have been a horse collar tackle and then changed his mind.
unmade bed
Way worse than davante on that play was Floyd Raven (I think that's who it was) who had clean shot to lay the RB out on the cut back but inexplicably stopped running and stuck his hand out and touched him as he ran buy. You can see it in that video.
GetThoseKeysMilo
Harris jumped to keep his leg from being torn up. It looked silly but if he doesn't jump, he likely has a serious injury and would not have made the tackle anyway.
GetThoseKeysMilo
The first guy overran the play instead of forcing him out of bounds and may have been blocked in the back. The guy coming in who unnecessarily dove at the ankles not only took himself out of the play but also took out Harris. It was really a two-person failure that led to Harris looking dumb on the play.
d78230
AG
Bass is another guy that would never see the field for a decent team in any division. Yet he plays significant plays for us.

Its amazing to me that he started for his high school team.

TMartin
Harris has been an A&M coaches favorite for three (3) years so just get over it......he's going to be the starter for at least 16 more games. Remember, Harris was rated the top cover corner in the country when A&M got him.
Aquin
AG
quote:
Harris has been an A&M coaches favorite for three (3) years so just get over it......he's going to be the starter for at least 16 more games. Remember, Harris was rated the top cover corner in the country when A&M got him.
Yelp and we developed him into the stud he is today
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
Harris was a stud coming out of high school. I have defended him and believed in him since that point, but after seeing how soft he is it's tough to defend him and say he's going to turn the corner. The kid plays like a ***** and is scared of contact. Maybe he learns his senior year. Doubt it, but I can hope.
TheAggiesAreWe03
AG
quote:
Harris jumped to keep his leg from being torn up. It looked silly but if he doesn't jump, he likely has a serious injury and would not have made the tackle anyway.

I fail to see te problem with that.
Texas 1836
AG
Might have something to do with our tackling coach ...

alamoaggie 64
That is maybe the most rediculous move I have ever seen on a football field. But, he was a 4-star so he must be great, huh?
gopitt
Coaching staff has really helped in the development of Harris.
Pitiful...
Tecolote
AG
VA_Ag94
AG
Eat **** Law!
BTKAG97
AG
quote:

Nice block in the back on that play.
Stone44
AG
Raven is a senior and still has no idea how to tackle. He is worse than Harris but all of our dbs lack basic fundamentals. No one ever brings down a ball carrier at first contact. It takes 2 or 3 guys to grab them around the neck to bring em down. Palmer freaked out looking at Harris, but that is SOP of our defense. I am so sick of watching this s### every game ---with no improvement. I know we are young and we have little depth, and many guys are playing injured---then get off your arse and recruit some guys that want to play for a great university in front of 100K fans who love you and won't boo your sorry arse. Kyle Field should be worth at least 7 points---and we play better on the road! WE need to hire a badass as a DC and we need him now.
LaurAg
Have any of y'all ever even tried to understand what our coaches are building here ???
Sure, youre going to have a few missed tackles that endup making you look like a
Cross between a Matador & a MJB (Mexican Jumping Bean), but all in all ,Snyder's
Air Raid Defense is truly in a class by itself.
Laura
Ridge14
quote:

Oh my

What in the flying **** was that Devante?
Sonic5678
AG
quote:
and why the hell was the D so worn out in the 3rd quarter?
Maybe because they expended all their energy dancing on the sidelines to music not provided by the band?
Sonic5678

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.