Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Thoughts on statues?

113,461 Views | 469 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aeon-ag
tamc91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The statues (all of the new ones) were my only disappointment during my trip to Kyle Field this season. Very poor quality work compared to most of the older statues on campus. Maybe it is an art form we are losing, but they really need to go
shotcaller1
AG
This thread still delivers months later
Yell Practice
Eliminate the Statues.
Smee
Why are there still statues around Kyle other than E. King Gill?
Yell Practice
Statures -

Yell Practice
Still prefer No Statues.
BombayAg
quote:

Who's the fatty in the statue with the big teets?
Al Bula
AG
Bump
alamoaggie 64
Agree with OP. I do not like the "new" statues at Kyle Field. Rather grotesque. Not sure why we need two 12th man statues.
alamoaggie 64
"Who's the fatty in the statue with the big teets?"

Someone's daughter. Are you qualified in this department that you can criticize other people's appearance?
hsvag
Won't take time to re-read the 14 pages of posts. But back when all this started, and it was obvious this embarrassment was a done deal, someone suggested placing the old 12th man statue in the tunnel where the players come out for the game. That would be loaded with symbolism and I think it's a great idea.
S.A. Aggie
AG
The face of the yell leader looks like the Creature From The Black Lagoon.
targetgiftcard
I enjoyed this thread.
aeon-ag
Old Main said:

Well, this is the new TAMU, tu on the Brazos, Thank God I went to the real Texas A&M.
aeon-ag
Old Main said:

SIAP

Is this a photoshop or a real statue.I can only imagine what fools opposing visitors think A&M students are. REALLY, a damned statue of a kid with a chainsaw??!!
aeon-ag
hsvag said:

Won't take time to re-read the 14 pages of posts. But back when all this started, and it was obvious this embarrassment was a done deal, someone suggested placing the old 12th man statue in the tunnel where the players come out for the game. That would be loaded with symbolism and I think it's a great idea.
Why not take all this new crap down, put the original 12th statue back where it was and haul all this other crap and sell it for scrap iron!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.