Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,166,879 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
it looks like they are putting up solid panels in between the brick columns, on the models it was open on to the walk ways, I guess that's changed?
Sex Panther
AG
Someone refresh my memory... They are bulldozing the Zone after this season and building a new one in its place right?
ABATTBQ11
AG
No. Zone just gets a new exterior.
Sex Panther
AG
Thanks...

So will the suites and the giant ballroom area located inside it be getting a major upgrade?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Not sure. I think it is just the exterior though. There could be some minor renovations though.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I think the solid panels are only between those columns. There are cross braces being hidden there that may have been added after the initial renderings/model.
rcb05
AG
If only there were google-able images that would show us whether or not the space between the outermost columns was meant to be bricked.

Fitch
AG
...that rendering isn't true to what's actually being built...

This is a little more true to form, but don't take it as 100% gospel.

rcb05
AG
Thanks Fitch.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
^ Looks good!
leoj
AG
ok thanks. I was just looking at the renderings on kylefield.com and couldn't make it out.
rally-cap
AG
quote:

I really like the "HOME OF THE 12TH MAN" on the back of the new press box. I hope that actually gets put in place
CLB2008
AG
quote:
quote:

I really like the "HOME OF THE 12TH MAN" on the back of the new press box. I hope that actually gets put in place

Me too. But, I hope they remove the same phrase from above the entrance down at the bottom of the same side thats on that model. Seems repetitive.
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
So will the suites and the giant ballroom area located inside it be getting a major upgrade?
I asked that question to a BMA that has a suite in the Zone Club and at the time even he didn't know the answer. I don't think there will be major changes to those areas, though they might get freshened up. It was mentioned that with the new suites some of the current Zone Club suite holders were perfectly content to stay where they are, while others are chomping at the bit to move to the other options being made available.
Fitch
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Me too. But, I hope they remove the same phrase from above the entrance down at the bottom of the same side thats on that model. Seems repetitive.
At this point I don't know what all features made the cut or were left in the brainstorming pile, but the press box may end up with lit letters...which I'm for.

Some would argue it's redundant to have the phrase on that side twice, but I would argue that you can't see them both in the same field of view and the relative scales means they're viewable at different distances...the smaller script above the entrance is probably just for photo ops with the new statue whereas the press box letters can be seen miles off.
Fitch
AG
Also, this happened near the stadium.

Ian Neff
AG
I am hopeful that we can find more flat surfaces around campus where we can put more words.

Can we get some pics of places that might need words?
AGAZ03
AG
They are actually building a new lounge called the "Letter Mans Club" in the zone.

I believe it will take up about half if the current ballrooms.

I think the current zone suite holders will attend banquets on the west side once it is redeveloped.
chipotle
quote:

I am hopeful that we can find more flat surfaces around campus where we can put more words.

Agreed. This is getting a little ridiculous.
Rubicante
AG
quote:
quote:

Agreed. This is getting a little ridiculous.

Is that not the same quote that is right outside the Bonfire memorial? I swear it's right about the same size as well.
AgsWin979
AG
Im hearing from a very good source that the redevelopment WILL be completed by the season opener, unlike some saying it will be moved to reliant...
12thGauge
Anyone know if the "welcome to kyle field" on west and "home of the 12th man" on west will remain there? Obviously if so it will be redone.
RoyIII_Ag08
AG
Personally, I like the words and quotes around campus. I would be in favor of bringing attention to the A&M core values, and quotes like those around the Former Student Association.
Ian Neff
AG
I know. The concern is that we'd run out of words.
Someone needs to do a word study comparison related to the total sq ftage we have available on campus.
Meaning - are there enough actual words to cover the open spaces we have available?
Fitch
AG
I'm not gonna complain that it's not just the stadium getting upgraded but all the areas/systems involved with game day.

The tailgating, the pre/post game traffic coordination, the hotels, the plazas around the stadium/MSC, etc...

To combat people wanting to stay at home and watch on TV they're 1) trying to eliminate or reduce all the headaches involved with going to the game and 2) make the experience something more than what can just be televised.

Gonna be great.
Fitch
AG
quote:
Is that not the same quote that is right outside the Bonfire memorial? I swear it's right about the same size as well.

Those are the same words....carved in granite.
Here4Beer
AG
Good stuff Fitch. Saw the stadium for the first time since January, I was at a loss for words.
tbirdspur2010
AG
Gonna get to see it for the first time next month. Cannot wait.
1aggie02
AG
Ian, I think blocker could use more words; lots of flat space there for words consisting of many different combinations of letters.

Ian Neff
AG
I see lots of potential there.
ag-bq-seventy
AG
quote:
Ian, I think blocker could use more words; lots of flat space there for words consisting of many different combinations of letters.

This reminds me:

When I was a Fish in the Band there were two or three Sergebutts that had worked out a scheme where turning lights on and off in the dorm (Harrington Hall) could form words from the pattern when viewed from the outside at some distance. We all had a sheet of paper that told us if our lights were to be on or off as each number was called out. After dark they started shouting out numbers and we adjusted our light switches accordingly.

As this was on the east side of the building, the words could be easily seen from Hwy 6. At the time, there was nothing between the dorm and the highway, except the golf course.

Some Zips made them stop after five or six words (as I recall) because all of the words had four or five letters and weren't meant to be used in polite company. In fact, none of them would pass the filter here on TexAgs. Each of us had no idea what the words were, of course, but had we known, I'm sure we would have participated just as eagerly.

Just another Ol'e Army story.
Atomic_Ag
AG
I can't wait to get to College Station this year and see everything, been a few years since I was there. Gonna be great!
rally-cap
AG
quote:
Some would argue it's redundant to have the phrase on that side twice, but I would argue that you can't see them both in the same field of view and the relative scales means they're viewable at different distances...the smaller script above the entrance is probably just for photo ops with the new statue whereas the press box letters can be seen miles off.

I agree, I like the two phrases. The scales will be drastically different when seen in person. It would be an awesome sight to be able to see "HOME OF THE 12TH MAN" from miles away!

[This message has been edited by Big_E_Ag (edited 7/17/2014 8:28a).]
duffelpud
AG

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 7/19/2014 11:24a).]
Ian Neff
AG
Ag-bq-seventy
First Page Last Page
Page 47 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.