Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,333 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
rcb05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Based on the model, it seems the back of the SEZ is straight steel, no brick. But really, it's not an entrance point and most of that will be obscured by the Bright Complex/indoor facility anyway, so not a big deal IMO.

rcb05
AG
quote:
351 may be a temporary seating area that is removed when the west side is demoed and the new west side is connected to the south end zone structure. Looking it at the 2015 seating chart, 351 seemingly does not exist, as in the renderings.

I really doubt they'd build temporary seating that would be removed one year later. Just serves no purpose. You're right that 351 does not appear on the 2015 seating chart, but remember, that chart doesn't have section numbers and is about six months older that the 2014 chart. Changes happen.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I edited my post. The seating will probably stay there, but merge with seating from the west side. It may not exist as 351 in 2015, but it will still be there. It's more of a temporary section, I guess.

[This message has been edited by ABATTBQ11 (edited 4/23/2014 11:21a).]
rcb05
AG
351 does appear in the scale model as well.

ABATTBQ11
AG
351 Will probably turn into what is West End Zone Arm Chair seating on the 2015 seating chart.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Holy crap you found Waldo
chipotle
Don't think bright complex hides the steel enough(check it out on google street view). It will look cheap from the back. It's also a nice place for birds and bats to hang out. Unless they plan on spiking or netting that whole thing which will make it look extra nice.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I just blew my 10000th post...
Fitch
AG
Sure looks like a place to mount some precast brick panels to me...

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Don't think bright complex hides the steel enough(check it out on google street view). It will look cheap from the back. It's also a nice place for birds and bats to hang out. Unless they plan on spiking or netting that whole thing which will make it look extra nice.

I agree. $450 million in renovations and you decide to half ass it on that part? I guess we'll see, but at this point that's pretty disappointing to me.
McGibblets
AG
I know practically everything but maybe a quarter of that side is very well covered by bright. Also, with the tower, it'll be a little more hidden as well. They may plan in adding a bit of brick to make it look nicer, but didn't want to include it in the renderings and models, because just a portion of brick on those would look pretty ****ty. Just speculation though
ABATTBQ11
AG
I wish we had some aerial views. McGibblets, you need to rent/borrow/temporarily steal a plane/helicopter.
chipotle
Yah McGibblets quit being such a cheapskate and buy a drone cam.
TwoMarksHand
AG
Or quit being lazy and climb to the top of the crane
McGibblets
AG
Dude I just want to walk into the construction site when I'm walking around taking pictures. I feel like the workers probably wouldn't give a damn as long as I don't do stupid stuff. Damn I wish I had some inside ties so I could go places I can't
McGibblets
AG
Actually, when I get home, I might know where I can get some shots out of a plane. I've got a friend who is training to get his pilot license, and I vaguely recall him posting a few pictures from a time he flew over. Not sure how long back it was, if the pictures are any good, or if it ever actually even happened. If I can find em, I'll post em
Esteban du Plantier
AG
quote:
Sure looks like a place to mount some precast brick panels to me...

Those are for the Wi-Fi transmitters, so everyone can post unlimited selfies and Facebook updates.
Fitch
AG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THRXvpSsazw
ABATTBQ11
AG
They don't want you on site because if anything happens, they are on the hook for you. There's a lot of safety stuff you have to abide by and don't even know about. What you might try to do is befriend someone like a field or project engineer or a superintendent who would be willing to take you on a weekly or monthly tour. You could try any of the subcontractors or the GC's guys. You'll probably find them in the jobsite trailers (wherever they are).

However, odds are you would blend right in with nothing but a vest, a hard hat with a bunch of safety stickers on it, and some work boots. People take pictures on site all the time for contractually required progress photos (I once had to do this and create a map of the project with the location, direction, and elevation of every photo as well as a 15 minute video as an intern).
RebelAg635
AG
Hit a little turbulence there around the 1:13 mark
McGibblets
AG
I completely understand that they wouldn't want me around for liability issues. I have no idea how I'd find someone who would be willing to do something like this, unless someone on TA wants to hook a brother up
Fitch
AG
quote:
However, odds are you would blend right in with nothing but a vest, a hard hat with a bunch of safety stickers on it, and some work boots. People take pictures on site all the time for contractually required progress photos (I once had to do this and create a map of the project with the location, direction, and elevation of every photo as well as a 15 minute video as an intern).

Good luck not getting arrested.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I'm not saying to do it, just saying it's easy to blend in when everyone is concentrating on their work and doesn't question who you are or who you work for. That's why a lot of sites have badges (I don't think this one does).

But yeah, they may call the cops on you.
rcb05
AG
quote:
$450 million in renovations and you decide to half ass it on that part? I guess we'll see, but at this point that's pretty disappointing to me.

I'm sure if it would've worked within the budget they would have bricked the SEZ, but if you have to cut something, that's a logical place to start. Fans will enter from the east, north and west, and College Gameday always sets up to the north of the stadium, so it's a side that from a media perspective, you'll probably never see.
ABATTBQ11
AG
You could just go to their trailer and ask. They're probably incredibly busy and don't want to give every rando who walks into their trailer a site tour, but it couldn't hurt to ask. You might also ask some of the professors in the Construction Science department if they have any class tours scheduled that you could tag along on. I went on several class tours of the MSC when it was under construction.

Edit: You may also ask the guys on the project if they have any tours coming up that you could be a part of.
[This message has been edited by ABATTBQ11 (edited 4/23/2014 12:19p).]

[This message has been edited by ABATTBQ11 (edited 4/23/2014 12:22p).]
eb93
AG
The new Kyle Field: the first stadium rebuild to take into consideration the selfie.
McGibblets
AG
I might give some of those a shot. If anyone else is on the inside and wants to hook me up, let me know, or shoot me an email (it's on my profile) if you don't want all of TA knowing your profession or whatever. If y'all have any other suggestions, just let me know
chipotle
quote:
I'm sure if it would've worked within the budget they would have bricked the SEZ, but if you have to cut something, that's a logical place to start. Fans will enter from the east, north and west, and College Gameday always sets up to the north of the stadium, so it's a side that from a media perspective, you'll probably never see.

So Kyle Field will be the mullet of stadiums. Business in the front, party in the back.

[This message has been edited by chipotle (edited 4/23/2014 1:07p).]
95_Aggie
AG
It could be worse

rcb05
AG
Heck, look at Bama. For as great as that stadium is, it's small sections of brick with mostly exposed concrete ramps/concourses.

Frok
AG
It's too bad we couldn't curve the sideline stands like Bryant-Denny.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I'm pretty sure we could always add brick to the south end later if it was VE'ed out. If BMA's don't like it, I'm sure someone will drop some cash and have their name inscribed onto each brick.
Snoopy03
AG
It could be worse...
chipotle
In Soviet Russia, Kyle fields you.
rcb05
AG
quote:
It's too bad we couldn't curve the sideline stands like Bryant-Denny.

To me, curving the stands does nothing but waste space. The people between the 30s are way farther away from the field than they could be if the stands were built straight.
First Page Last Page
Page 23 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.