Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,325 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't realize from the renderings how high above the second deck the little extension on the NE side is. I guess if you're sitting on the far north side of the second deck you will be up against a wall?
AGAZ03
AG
Not to sound like a *****er but are they are going to white wash all of the old concrete to match the new concrete or is this thing going to look like a jig saw puzzle of new additions and old roman concrete?
Tree Hugger
AG
At the first game they are going to hand out small containers of maroon concrete stain for everyone to dump at their feet.

Problem solved.
Frok
AG
They just need the construction workers to pee on all the new concrete to make it match the old.
Snooter
AG
What are they going to do with the bolts on picture 30? Are we just putting concrete pads with bolts sticking out everywhere? Maybe a ploy against the opposing fans?
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
I guess if you're sitting on the far north side of the second deck you will be up against a wall?

There's already a wall there, otherwise people would have fallen off the second deck.
Fitch
AG
quote:
What are they going to do with the bolts on picture 30? Are we just putting concrete pads with bolts sticking out everywhere? Maybe a ploy against the opposing fans?

That will be one of the columns that forms the archways on the southern face of the SW tower.

Just thought it was interesting how they look relatively puny on a computer screen considering how big they are in reality (that's a 2x4 behind them). A lot of the hand wringing folks keep asking if the stadium is gonna collapse because they're using toothpicks to build it...but standing next to the construction it you're like...

RebelAg635
AG
Anybody in the area know if those are new pieces of the facade in the East Camera? Curious if they are getting ready to start on the SE tower or on the East wall.
1aggie02
AG
quote:
I didn't realize from the renderings how high above the second deck the little extension on the NE side is. I guess if you're sitting on the far north side of the second deck you will be up against a wall?

Look again and it appears they cut this wall out. Problem solved!
leoj
AG
it looks like beams for the canopy are about to start going up.
RebelAg635
AG
East side finally getting some shade?

atxaggie07
AG
Maybe for 11:00am games, but it won't do much after that.
Bose Ikard
The west side canopy might provide more shade for the east side than the east side canopy - the west side canopy will get shade to the lower decks on the east side a little earlier in the day.
Paradise Ag
AG
For the OCD folks here worried about the decks in the SE corner lining up, notice the additional framing under the face of the old second deck. It appears the are going to put up a wider ribbon board. If you extrapolate the wider board across the corner, it lines up with the top of the new deck facade and the bottom of the old deck facade effectively creating a seamless transition. Ba-da-bing.

AGAZ03
AG
Can't wait to see the full erection.
Mr. Peterman
quote:

I'll bet you can't
8T2
One of the cranes is gone. There were two yellow and one black crane yesterday. Now, the black one is gone.
RebelAg635
AG
quote:
One of the cranes is gone. There were two yellow and one black crane yesterday. Now, the black one is gone.

JambiAg
quote:
quote:

I'll bet you can't

Says mr peterman
txaggies07
AG
Where is Scotch??????
txaggies07
AG
Double Post

[This message has been edited by txaggies07 (edited 4/9/2014 9:32p).]
txaggies07
AG
Triple Post

[This message has been edited by txaggies07 (edited 4/9/2014 9:32p).]
RebelAg635
AG
Facade going up on east wall currently. We need new pictures
McGibblets
AG
quote:
Facade going up on east wall currently. We need new pictures

I'll stop by Friday if I don't skip class because of the masters
Mr. Peterman
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'll bet you can't

Says mr peterman
RebelAg635
AG
quote:
I'll stop by Friday if I don't skip class because of the masters
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:

Why it gotta be black?!
95_Aggie
AG
That crane is now in the west parking lot.
rcb05
AG
Brick going up on student side facade.

OregonAggie
AG
quote:
That crane is now in the west parking lot.

Oh I see. Now the blacks are segregated to the parking lots. That's some Rosa Parks **** homie.
McGibblets
AG
Pics from 4/11/14

Ok, I know we're not even half way through construction, but it's time for a semi-gay Kyle Field love speech. And you guys need to read it because I give you all the pictures (suck it).

I really didn't wanna stop to take these pictures. It was a Friday afternoon, there were a gazillion people everywhere because of ring day and parents weekend, and I just wanted to hurry up and start day drinking at the pool with friends (suck it olds who aren't in college anymore). But there was one thing that just made me do it. My love for Kyle Field. I ****ing love that place. I've spent a long time out there taking pictures, and I've loved every second of it. In fact, Kyle Field is quite possibly my favorite place in the world. There's just something about it, as I'm sure all of you know. Honesty, I could spend weeks on end just hanging out there and watching the construction.

Ok now to the construction. Let me tell you guys, this place is gonna be badass. It's not gonna be piss stained soviet architecture, but it's something special. They just started putting up some of the facade on the east side. The south endzone is being built amazingly fast. I'm so ****ing excited

[This message has been edited by McGibblets (edited 4/13/2014 1:06p).]
Ian Neff
AG
YOU MOTIVATE ME.
NC2001
AG
Outstanding.
chipotle
hey, what's up with the scaffolding?
Ian Neff
AG
Another poster said it's so they can build stuff.
First Page Last Page
Page 21 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.