Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,513 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Panda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Dog Lord must've ran out of peanut butter this morning.

Thanks for the update Fitch, I'm sure the stadium will look fine.
The Dog Lord
AG
^ Yeah because I'm the only one who said anything. I am out of peanut butter though...

That pic that Fitch posted looks good as far as where it connects the east side, but I still wonder about where it meets the zone.
NightHawk150
AG
Thread reach 666!

Oh noes!
ABATTBQ11
AG
Are we going to redo the first deck of the Zone? Since we're lowering the field, I feel like that would make sense.
RebelAg635
AG
Just adding seats from what I can tell
KSigAg12
AG
I think they can just knock down part of that partition there between the old and new seats.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
would be nice to see a completed project before I have to listen to naysayers.
gravy97
AG
Great Pics Fitch!!!!!!
agsam01
AG
Amazing what a little brick can do - so excited about this transformation
AgCat93
AG
quote:
Are we going to redo the first deck of the Zone? Since we're lowering the field, I feel like that would make sense.

About seven rows will be added to the north Zone at field level. Foundation work has begun on that. Based on drawings, it would appear the northwest corner of the Zone's first level will be demolished. I noticed on one drawing the lack of a tunnel there after the project is complete.
AgCat93
AG
Oh, and a blue star for Fitch and his redass photos. Keep them coming. Anyone know if Scotch is OK? His imgur page hasn't updated in close to two weeks.
RebelAg635
AG
quote:
Anyone know if Scotch is OK? His imgur page hasn't updated in close to two weeks.

And where the heck is McGib?
chipotle
take picture = go missing
the nutrient
quote:
Maybe they are planning some finishing touches that are going to make it better, but if it looks like that when done, count me as disappointed.

Nope. Sorry dude. They're going to leave it as is. That's exactly how they drew it up.
jamesf
AG
Talking about how bad the transition looks right now is like complaining about how ugly a room looks before the baseboards are installed. I can almost guarantee that there will be some sort of transition piece put there in a way that you won't notice the transition unless you are looking for it.
95_Aggie
AG
So I noticed that a lot of the major complainers don't have 12th Man icons next to their names. It's kind of hypocritical to complain about the cost but not contribute.
DifferenceMaker Ag
quote:
Great pics, but did anyone ever figure out why they put up all that damned scaffolding?!?!?!!!
They're going to squirt caulk into the gaps in the see-through brick panels.

Oh, and for Fitch...
McGibblets
AG
quote:
And where the heck is McGib?

I was planning on updating today, but Fitch has taken care of that with a great update. In today's update, I was about to mention how I wish y'all could be here to see it. Honestly, my cell phone pictures don't do it any justice. Besides the towers and some structuring, it's just about impossible to get any good quality shots while zooming in. I really wish y'all could see more of what's happening in the south endzone, as well as what's happening on the field. Fitch's great pictures have captured what a cell phone can't. If you're ever in CS, make sure you go by. I'm sure you already would, but it's a can't miss
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Talking about how bad the transition looks right now is like complaining about how ugly a room looks before the baseboards are installed. I can almost guarantee that there will be some sort of transition piece put there in a way that you won't notice the transition unless you are looking for it.

I think most people understand that it isn't finished, but they can still ask if there is a plan for that already in place. God forbid anyone ask a question on a message board to see if someone else has more information...
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
They're going to squirt caulk into the gaps in the see-through brick panels.

I believe I heard that bat guano will solve that problem.
rcb05
AG
I bet there's a strong possibility that whole fascia on the Zone is covered with ribbon board anyway.
rcb05
AG
Also, some of y'all REALLY aren't going to like what the NW corner is gonna look like...

Rocco S
quote:
quote:
Maybe they are planning some finishing touches that are going to make it better, but if it looks like that when done, count me as disappointed.

Nope. Sorry dude. They're going to leave it as is. That's exactly how they drew it up.
bigblackag12
AG
The corners will give it that SEC charm. A lot SEC stadiums are janky from renovation after renovation
AgCat93
AG
quote:
I was planning on updating today, but Fitch has taken care of that with a great update. In today's update, I was about to mention how I wish y'all could be here to see it. Honestly, my cell phone pictures don't do it any justice. Besides the towers and some structuring, it's just about impossible to get any good quality shots while zooming in. I really wish y'all could see more of what's happening in the south endzone, as well as what's happening on the field. Fitch's great pictures have captured what a cell phone can't. If you're ever in CS, make sure you go by. I'm sure you already would, but it's a can't miss

Post the photos anyway!
AgCat93
AG
Dreaded double post...

[This message has been edited by AgCat93 (edited 4/4/2014 12:29a).]
Ol_Ag_02
AG
quote:
So I noticed that a lot of the major complainers don't have 12th Man icons next to their names. It's kind of hypocritical to complain about the cost but not contribute

In the future please make sure you only complain about things which you have invested your own money.
JustisWalkert
AG
quote:
Honestly, my cell phone pictures don't do it any justice

Go buy a decent camera McGibblets, you slacker! What are we paying you for?
91AggieLawyer
AG
Drain pipe? I thought that was the entrance to the visitor's locker room.
1aggie02
AG @ HEART
quote:
Great pics, but did anyone ever figure out why they put up all that damned scaffolding?!?!?!!!

Maybe to run interior wiring or facade to hang? Just a guess...

[This message has been edited by ag @ heart (edited 4/6/2014 12:53p).]
AG @ HEART
When the renderings came out.
"OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE SWEET! FINALLY KYLE FIELD COMES INTO THE NEW AGE. MANHATTAN VAUGHN DOES GREAT WORK."

Now that construction is well underway.
"UMM WHAT IS THAT?! THAT'S NOT WHAT IT SHOWED. OMG DO THESE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING? I TOOK AN ENGINEERING CLASS ONE SEMESTER AND THAT'S NOT WHAT I LEARNED."
leoj
AG
next time you head over, can you get a picture of the stands in the NE corner? Looks like they just finished putting in all the base concrete seating on the 3rd level as well.
Fitch
AG
From Sunday (sorry they got out of order):

AgCat93
AG
Photos 12, 13, and 14 from Fitch's most recent bunch show the first steel support for the canopy on the east side.

[This message has been edited by AgCat93 (edited 4/8/2014 9:09a).]
First Page Last Page
Page 20 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.