Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,565 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
NoHo Hank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ttt
bigblackag12
AG
Good bump. The worker on the SE corner gives a good idea of the scale of the steel work there
Old Sarge
AG
So I am just guessing, they will add fire protection to the columns and some beams post erection?

This system looks to be largely dependent on structural steel members (columns/beams), both for the support of the personnel/crowd load, and for supplemental support of the façade.

Not knowing the specs, I do not know if it is required, but one would think code would dictate some sort of fire protection for major structural members of the system.

Forgive me if this seems to be a "stupid" question, but I am employed in an industrial engineering/construction world where critical structural members are fireproofed.

Just a question. Maybe someone here that knows the project can answer.
Fitch
AG
A fair number of the new steel columns on the east side have been sprayed, it's just hard to see unless you zoom in on pictures.
Fitch
AG
And while I'm here, here are all of the pics I took last weekend...they're now dated with the rapid pace of construction though...

SE Tower

Fitch
AG
NE Tower

Fitch
AG
East Side

Fitch
AG
Stadium Interior

Fitch
AG
Stadium Exterior (shots from around town & campus, plus the grounds surrounding)

View from the Corner Bar Roof

Gonna need a grate for this 48" drain pipe. You'll lose kids up that thing.

A half-billion dollar project, and this is what the adjacent real estate looks like. Spence is in dire need of a facelift....

Fitch
AG
South Endzone

bigblackag12
AG
Great pics
PharmD4
AG
Fitch
Sex Panther
AG
Awesome pics Fitch

And wow, Spence looks awful
tbirdspur2010
ISEN AG
AG
quote:

I know that when we are playing you won't see it but things like this are still going to bug the hell out of me
The Dog Lord
AG
^ Yeah that looks pretty bad.
DecadePlan
AG
quote:
I know that when we are playing you won't see it but things like this are still going to bug the hell out of me

Things like which part Isen?
DartAg1970
AG
I agree. I was wondering if anyone else noticed how bad that looks. I would have thought that for the budget we have on this thing we would get something a little bit better put together visually than that.

Maybe they are planning some finishing touches that are going to make it better, but if it looks like that when done, count me as disappointed.
ISEN AG
AG
quote:
quote:

Things like which part Isen?

The new construction of the 1st decks & 2nd zone decks not being seamless. I understand that blending the old with the new is part of the problem and that we are only 1/3-1/2 of the way through of the project but personally to me it just looks bad. I prefer a little symmetry.

With that said and upgrade is an upgrade and I will continue to go to games whenever I can in new Kyle.
Chipotlemonger
AG
"Looks pretty bad"

???

We're not playing there this weekend.
Turkey 87
AG
I'm wondering if there is going to be any air flow since they are closing everything in....could make those 2:30 Sept. kickoffs even more fun....
Fitch
AG
Said it before...every corner will be different. Don't focus on each individual nuance without taking the full scope into picture...

We're not going to have a tackle box anymore.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I think that the sky boxes and lower part of the upper deck extending will abate some of the clash.
Panda
AG

Texags, where everybody is an architect.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:

you should take a look at the LSU bowl before continuing your architectural weeping...their stadium is great and filled with several of these lower bowl quirks...BIG F DEAL...
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Texags, where everybody is an architect.

Having an opinion about non-seamless construction looks makes someone is pretending to be an architect? I get that the way we decided to do this means it won't be perfect, but I think people are hoping that the price means it'll be as close as we can get to it. I too hope that there can be some finishing done that hides any cosmetic issues.
chipotle
It's a big deal when you're paying half a billion for a renovation. These look like mistakes and piecemeal.
John Galt Sr
AG
Its not a mistake or piecemeal its what happens when you lower the field and change the sight lines. You have a choice adjust the new construction to those new sight lines so you get best possible view or match it to the old sight lines not giving the prime seats the best view possible on game day. The second option makes it look even when the stadium is empty. That's its only plus.

For the money I donate I care about the sight lines being the best possible for game day not how it looks when empty.
Fitch
AG
How about y'all let them finish construction before ripping down the golden calf. That corner is already much different than when I took the photo on Sunday.
Frok
AG
It doesn't bother me, I can only afford to sit in nosebleed anyways.
Sex Panther
AG
I don't understand what yall are complaining about. It looks like a construction zone right now.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Fitch
Fitch
AG
Case in point:

512Ag
AG
Great pics, but did anyone ever figure out why they put up all that damned scaffolding?!?!?!!!
duffelpud
AG
Looks like riveting work.

First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.