Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Tired of the Bama Excuses.... Fact Checker Central

12,743 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by JJ the AG
Captain Awesome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
FACT
Bend over and get ready.

Clearly, someone helped you figure out the interwebz and how to post stuff on here.
But that would be a command, not a fact. That's really more of a tu thing by the way.
GEA89
AG
quote:

FACT
Saban had you figured out after the first quarter last game, though it was too late.

FACT: You didn't read the OP's first 3 items in the original post. I know it is asking a lot for someone from Alabama to read more than a few words and actually comprehending them is a whole other issue. But try, it will do you good.
Sam the Sham 2
JJ the Ag:

Well said. I've sure heard a lot of them from my Ag friends and family over the Oct20 game for sure.

joshq
AG
Best analysis of the game by far.
oldarmy1
AG
JJ the AG
Well, maybe we should stop repeating all of our excuses for the UF and LSU losses.

Hi rookie - Excuses and missed extra points are a little different there chump.

Thanks for creating an account and stopping by though!
Sam the Sham 2
old army...

One missed PAT??

What are you talking about??
oldarmy1
AG
I'm saying that missing extra points or field goals are actual scoring opportunities and have nothing to do with Bama's excuses of lsu hangover or being on their periods.

Big difference between reasons and excuses for losing.
Sam the Sham 2
LSU missed a FG in that game as well..

Did you forget that?
Rusty GCS
AG
Kliff cost us the LSU game IMO. We were out coached. The Chief made KK his *****.

The same that Snyder out coached Bama. Bama had the better team but we out coached them and played a better game.

Same as we were better than LSU. Just not that day.
oldarmy1
AG
No more than I forget having a TD called back fro a bogus ref call. Or an INT from a wide open receiver running a crossing route that might have scored. One of those is borderline excuse but the main reason we lost the lsu game is because we didn't execute late in the game when Trey Williams torched their kick off team for 80 yards.

That was the game right there. A bumbled hand off on first down, followed by the worst play call all season. Clearly Kliff was not in gear at this point. But those would be excuses and the reason is execution. I can admit it. Bammers can't.

So what's it to you?
Rusty GCS
AG
quote:
LSU missed a FG in that game as well..

Did you forget that?

I don't believe kickin cost us that game. Bertolet made a 50 yarder. You can't just assume those and it made up for his missed 35 yarder. And LSu missed a FG.

We had a lot of bad breaks that game. Many (most?) caused by LSUs D. If not directly then indirectly. Same as Ole Miss did to us with a speedy tenacious D. Our mistake was not giving the ball to C-Mike and running right at LSU undersized D-Line that Chevis had switched to. We had the best OL in college and didn't use it properly that game.
Rusty GCS
AG
quote:
No more than I forget having a TD called back fro a bogus ref call

It was the correct call. It just sucks that it was away from the play. And I believe by our best player in Joeckel.

And I still can't believe Mettsiah dropped that pass in to Jarvis right before half. Same way JJ did to Tolliver in the Cotton Bowl. LSU definitely brings their A game for us. The rivalry is starting to ramp up already.
Sam the Sham 2
oldarmy1

Torched..but didn't score because he was absolutely overhauled from behind by Jalen Collins....a freshman cornerback.

Three plays and three yards later, a missed FG.

Ballgame. Just a matter of time after that.

Rusty GCS
AG
Jalen didn't catch Trey from behind. He had an angle.

The next time trey is run down from behind will be the first time
Sam the Sham 2
Right...

You might want to go catch that play again.

It doesn't really matter.

Found the youtube..Willaims was ahead of Collins at the A&M 45.

you tell me who was moving faster...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLzDWEgTrRo

That was a good ballgame, BTW.

[This message has been edited by Sam the Sham 2 (edited 7/10/2013 2:12p).]
Rusty GCS
AG
You sure you wanna stuck by that?

http://youtu.be/zLzDWEgTrRo
Sam the Sham 2
Yes...I do. see above. LOL...who was ahead of who at the A&M 45???
Rusty GCS
AG
If you call that running somebody down you are more retarded than even an LSU graduate should be
Ulrich
We definitely failed to capitalize on a lot of chances to win that LSU game. Wasn't that the last game before Sumlin had a talk with Kingsbury that went along the lines of "run the **** ball"?

[This message has been edited by Ulrich (edited 7/10/2013 2:29p).]
Sam the Sham 2
If you can look at that tape and tell me Williams is faster than collins you're just delusional.

Williams was ATE UP by Collins.

And there isn't any need for you to run some type of lame insult with "retarded".

You should be better than that.
Ulrich
The LSU defender had a monster angle on Williams, but it's pretty clear that Williams was moving faster. The only point at which the LSU defender makes up ground is when Williams is putting a little shake on another defender.

[This message has been edited by Ulrich (edited 7/10/2013 2:32p).]
Sam the Sham 2
You might want to check where the lSU defender came from to create that angle...

Big Bama
Bama day not need excuses.

NOW THATS A FACT, JACK!!
Rusty GCS
AG
quote:
You should be better than that.

You must have me confused with somebody else. I have no problem calling somebody retarded when they prove themselves dumber than a Gump.
Sam the Sham 2
LOL

I nothing else, the delusion of you guys is entertaining.

Thanks.
Rusty GCS
AG
Read my posts. I'm not delusional at all.
Sam the Sham 2
Lots of posts in this thread are.
InnerCity Ag
What a bunch of self centered T-shirt fans. They remind me a lot of someone else.

Anyway, I don't give bama much of a chance in this one. Ags 35 bama 24.
JeffHamilton82
quote:
Found the youtube..Willaims was ahead of Collins at the A&M 45.

you tell me who was moving faster...

You have never played football.

TWill shakes a tackle at the 43 which allows the defender to make up TWill's lead and allows the defender to pull ahead and all of this happens within 10 yards of the missed tackle. At this point it is a footrace with the defender having the angle and TWill having the added burden of carrying a football. It takes the defender 20 more yards to close the angle.

I've seen many ballcarriers get sucked up by defenders, but that wasn't the case here. The defender close the gapped because TWill had to break a tackle at the 43. If that defender wasn't there, then TWill never has to slow down and change his stride and angle and Collins would never have caught him in spite of TWill having to carry a football securly. And if you don't think carrying a football makes a difference in your speed, then you never played football.
Ulrich
No, you stupid aigegs don't understand, breaking tackles doesn't slow you down at all.
Sam the Sham 2
You guys are taking this way hard.

Shall we discuss the next three or four plays after Williams was caught from behind?

JJ the AG
oldarmy1: Far from a Rookie sir. Been around here for years. Just don't post for the sake of posting like most folks do.

This topic simply stirred me today b/c I've heard many excuses from my fellow Ags re: the UF & LSU games. Nothing more, nothing less.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.