Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

"Complete" rendering: like or dislike?

97,679 Views | 246 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by JJxvi
TexasAggies06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
If you took down Bear Bryant and Bible, who would you replace them with?

What about G Rollie White for the northeast entrance, since we demolished his coliseum to build it?
Coca-Cola_Ag07
AG
Overall, I love it. If it happens, I'm sure a lot of these little things will change, like the names on the corners and the weird concrete color choices.

I agree with the parking garage point though. I think that's a bad spot for them. Why not make West Campus garage taller and turn Lot 61 into a garage? Remember how much some of you complained when the practice and track blimps were put up and blocked your view of Kyle from Olsen? (For the record, I complained too) The same thing will happen if you put parking garages in that spot.

This is a minor point when discussing a potential project like this, but what is to be done with 12th Man TV. How much did that cost to install just 6 years ago or so? Can it be reused or sold off?
TexasAggies06
AG
quote:
would it be possible to put the parking garages below ground and leave street level as a park?

Possible? Yes.
Prohibitively expensive? Also yes.
JJxvi
AG
quote:
Remember how much some of you complained when the practice and track blimps were put up and blocked your view of Kyle from Olsen?

Q: Hey y'all! Remember when all y'all on texags were complainin' about somethin?

A: Uh, yes.
Rex Racer
AG
quote:
How much did that cost to install just 6 years ago or so?

It cost us $0. 12th Man TV and the ribbon boards paid for themselves with ad revenue.

[This message has been edited by Rex Racer (edited 2/22/2013 1:31p).]
mpezll
AG
quote:
Why not make West Campus garage taller and turn Lot 61 into a garage?

Because I tailgate in lot 61
Coca-Cola_Ag07
AG
quote:
It cost us $0. 12th Man TV and the ribbon boards paid for themselves with ad revenue.

Over time, true. But I'm not sure the cost of the add space has come anywhere close to paying for that thing yet. I was just wondering the capital investment in it. It was in the $5 to $7MM range for just the TV, if remember correctly.
Pure Aggie
AG
1. can i see it during daytime?
2. whats with the airfoil look for stadium shade canopy
kmsmit
AG
Like it
No1home
Dislike
Shoopy
quote:
quote:

Over time, true. But I'm not sure the cost of the add space has come anywhere close to paying for that thing yet. I was just wondering the capital investment in it. It was in the $5 to $7MM range for just the TV, if remember correctly.

I wouldn't be shocked if the ribbon boards and jumbo tron brought in 5-7M in the first two years. Maybe less. Advertising is expensive.
Aggie Por Vida
AG
Glory Hole!!!
a1pilot
AG
a1pilot
AG
aggiewilliford
like it
ATX_AG_08
AG
definite like, lets see if it comes to fruition
turfaggie24
CoppellAg92
AG
I like it, I like it a lot! Gonna be an incredible project to watch being built.
BBQ4Me
AG
Like it exempt for the hideous striped walkways
Squadron7
AG
quote:
If you took down Bear Bryant and Bible, who would you replace them with?

Medal of Honor recipients.
jackrabbit
AG
too many not wearing maroon in those pictures

stadium is cool, though
m-walker
AG
is that a lake in my spence park tailgate spot?
Y2K Ag
looks frikkin great!!! but couldnt they do all this for like only a quarter billion!!!?
Amarillo Slim
AG
Looks like seating sections remain disjointed so kind of looks like putting really nice wrapping paper around the same oe turd. Just mo
12th Ag
AG
I like it, but still think it needs to have 121,212 seats. I don't want do all this expansion and then have tu build a bigger one the next year.
Scantron882
AG
I Wouldn't put Dana Bible up there. Leave it empty, reserved for future successes.
BillyGoatSA
AG
Likey alot!
cretzloff
AG
Like it. But, at second glance it's pretty boxy.
PhatMack19
Paradise Ag
AG
Going to be mind-boggingly big.

Should be easy to spot from afar.
dgmarshall17
AG
How could you not like?
sharpdressedman
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bible is a tu legend, not A&M.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say what? The guy won two posthumously awarded and recognized last year national championships...

You may be right and I may need to stand corrected. Link? Awarded and recognized by whom?

Edit: Never mind. I just googled and learned we are the only people on the planet who claim A&M "won and been awarded" national championships in 1919 and 1927.

[This message has been edited by sharpdressedman (edited 2/23/2013 10:05p).]
KVK77TexAg
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I can't believe they drew me into the renderings, can I get some kind of royalties?

"If there is one thing I hate, it's losing. If there are two things I hate, it's losing and cancer." Kenny Powers
TexAg15
AG
How about if they built the parking garages into the side of the stadium like OU did?

Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.