Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

"Complete" rendering: like or dislike?

97,549 Views | 246 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by JJxvi
Post removed:
by user
TefIon Don
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can fap to this.
Verne Lundquist
AG
considering that this is what the school is showing the big money i think that its very very close
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
We's on da newses!!!

http://blog.chron.com/aggies/2013/02/conceptual-pictures-of-dazzling-new-kyle-field-emerge/

vander54
S
Me gusta mucho!
BostonAg74
Well, since we have the Chronicle's attention, I had an idea for the open end of Baylor's new stadium: Touchback Jesus

You're welcome.
Kevin Hart
Since this is linked to the Houston Chronicle, let me be the first to say how much crappy your articles are. I have considered subscribing to the USA Today, because of the horrendous articles. Yahoo reporters run circles around you all and they write like an autistic 3rd grader. Your pictures are always out of focus. The only reason why I still subscribe to you all is so my kid's hamster has bedding to pee and poop on. You all are the worst newspaper I have ever read. Thanks for bedding!

-Kevin Hart
PUB_AD07AG
AG
I wanna make love to it...
1876er
AG
Why doesn't the east side have a cover. I know it won't help much, but for the early kickoffs, it would provide quite a bit of shade. Similar to Husky stadium.

It would also keep some of the noise in and make it look a little more symmetrical.

[This message has been edited by 1876er (edited 2/21/2013 1:03p).]
bert harbinson
AG
Were these renderings "leaked" just to get zero effort, zero cost, online feedback?

mAgnoliAg
AG
John McClain the baylol grad may see our thread. Start the baylol jokes
FarmersFightAg
AG
If only our trees could be that cool looking
AggieRAB05
AG
Germans, but I can see the corners of the stadium being picked up by corporate sponsors. i.e. Reliant
Panda
AG
Needs more fire.
SA-AG72
AG
quote:
Agree with pirate. I know we need parking but I don't like how the parking garages will be covering up part of the stadium if you were driving by looking at it from well born.

Agree. We need to excavate and place parking below grade.
M.C. Swag
AG
I like it almost as much as this...

[This message has been edited by M.C. Swag (edited 2/21/2013 1:49p).]
GigThis!
I agree with Dread Pirate and Zoo Keeper regarding the East-West stands (the cover) and the parking garage blocking the view of the stadium from Welborn. A bit more symmetry between North-South and East-West would be more aesthetically pleasing and unobstructed views would add to the lure of Kyle Field. Also, it seems that we lose the large Jumbotron on the Kyle’s South end to substitute one that is considerably smaller. Not to be on their tip, but Bama got it right with Bryant-Denny stadium, i.e. Seats 100K+, has symmetry and has unobstructed views of the stadium all around. One drawback though – no real Jumbotron (the cost of having a fully enclosed stadium). Not sure about Bama’s parking situation, but it seems that parking is limited near their stadium.
AgNFla
AG
I kind of like it buuuttt those EAST stands don't excite me.... tackle boxy, no roof/cover like West stands....dont blend with end zone decks. Although it looks like when a decision is made to rebuild the EAST stands, they can be torn down and build them to look like end zone decks and connect them. I bet these are the plans but probably way out there, after the ROI (next 10 years or 5 yrs if we win national championships every year from now on!!)
Ian Neff
AG
No.
SECTAMU#1
Why did Texas A&M or FP&C let these renderings get leaked?
BTD
students don't need cover.
SpringsAg
BTD
is it not some sort of security threat having a parking garage 50 ft from a stadium of 100k.
AgCjammer12
AG
Am I the only one that likes keeping the east side, the "home of the 12th man", the way it is, at least for now.. I mean looking up at those stands is one of the most well known scenes of the stadium.

(get rid of giant letters, parking garages, high-arch-boxy ramp facades)
Ol Rock
AG
¡Me encanta!

Looks awesome.
JJxvi
AG
quote:
is it not some sort of security threat having a parking garage 50 ft from a stadium of 100k.

Why would it be?
Naked Hiker
AG
I like the idea of small sponsor signs at each corner. Too many visitors get confused when I plan to meet them at the northeast corner. Buccee's entrance will be a lot easier.
I'd obviously prefer we just use historic Aggie names, but don't mind a revenue stream to help us pay this beast off. That's a lot better option than naming the entire stadium... though, Kyle Field at Huntsville Prison Park, does have a nice ring to it.

http://facebook.com/authornathaneharvey
AgGermany
AG
BTD, Security issue? There is a road and parking lot there now.

The only security issue is going to be for opposing QBs with our nasty DL!

Also we need to seal all the tunnels on campus, you saw what happened when Bane took over Gotham...

[This message has been edited by AgGermany (edited 2/21/2013 3:09p).]
AgGermany
AG

[This message has been edited by AgGermany (edited 2/21/2013 3:08p).]
AgGermany
AG

[This message has been edited by AgGermany (edited 2/21/2013 3:08p).]
HBCanine08
AG
Overall good. I like it.

I dislike only one side having the awning, for symmetrical reasons and the student side gets blasted with the sun. Also, I don't like the gray and maroon, sig zag stuff as you walk up to Kyle Field. Looks whacky.
texasaggie84
AG
Canvasback
BearkatRunner88
AG
Huge overhang on the east for noise please!
dbtexasag05
Cant have shade on Student Side because some idiot will stand on the top row telling the Stadium to "Uncover" the hole time.

HTH

[This message has been edited by dbtexasag05 (edited 2/21/2013 3:25p).]

[This message has been edited by dbtexasag05 (edited 2/21/2013 3:25p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.