Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Gameday Vote starting again!

107,036 Views | 1161 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by aggiebones
Aggie2012thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let us not forget our Allies at Virginia Tech! Hokie Hi!
NewArmyAgg
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
I seriously do not understand why our vote totals are so low. All of our students are on FB, right? If half of them vote on any given day, that's about 25,000 votes right there, NOT COUNTING all of us former students out here in the world.

Perhaps my expectations are simply unrealistic. We are, after all, winning this contest. However, we are very proud of our Aggie Network, and these numbers simply seem paltry to me relative to the power we could, and should, have at our disposal.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
Let us not forget our Allies at Virginia Tech! Hokie Hi!

There are some really cool people on their message boards. I'd kinda like them to join the SEC at some point, selfishly. Large fan base, big focus on football, good-sized school (if memory serves), increaasing academics, in a great and beautiful state, geographic fit, fans seem to have a fanaticism and pride that is SEC-like, Beamer's a bad ass...they're competitive as hell but very polite about it, which is the way I've always been taught to be, growing up in CS....seems like a good fit.
SBISA Victim
AG
VORE MOAR IT'S A VORE WAR!!!
Jack Thauer
AG
quote:
Maybe we should reach out to B1G schools to vote against Nebraska?

no. The aggie network is big enough. Reach out to aggies and we can win this thing. Don't need anything to backfire.
Kashchei
AG
Screw everybody else (except VT)! We're used to going it alone. And we'll still kick their ass!
Aggie2012thman
quote:
no. The aggie network is big enough. Reach out to aggies and we can win this thing. Don't need anything to backfire.

^ This. We have allies. The ones who will vote for us will vote for us on their own. I don't think we have many we can reach out to. With two days to go, the Huskers would have to make up a > 6k deficit when they've only been able to up us 200 on one day. Unless something big happens tomorrow, we push for our normal markets and just keep our lead.
ckwarren33
If only winning football games were a function of 12th Man enthusiasm and participation.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
I seriously do not understand why our vote totals are so low. All of our students are on FB, right? If half of them vote on any given day, that's about 25,000 votes right there, NOT COUNTING all of us former students out here in the world.

#1 - No. While most students do have facebook, some don't.

#2 - Not everyone is as rabid a fan as you or me. I invited all my current student friends to the event, and had like 20 some odd decline.

#3 - But that doesn't even count the 70-100 who are either rarely on facebook, or decided to stop using facebook for finals, who haven't even seen the event invitation yet.

#4 - We can't even get the 12th man to always show up, always stay the whole game, etc... And that's just ~60% of the student body. What makes you think 100% of the student body will vote on an internet poll?
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
Screw everybody else (except VT)! We're used to going it alone. And we'll still kick their ass!
I get your point - agree with most of it - and love your confidence and enthusiasm; however it should be acknowledged that we've had some very supportive Tide fans, Gamecock fans, Miss St. fans (as always), Gator fans, and Vol Fans (another consistent trend), that've been cool and supportive, so I need to throw my 2 cents in that those folks deserve polite recognition as well.

Why bite the hands of friendship offered in places throughout this very thread?
Wrec86 Ag
3 more days
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
If only winning football games were a function of 12th Man enthusiasm and participation.
Good point, ck, but in some ways, it is:

Best thing the 12th Man can do (other than packing our hopefully 113K seat stadium and yelling our asses off) is to give money to the 12th Man Foundation to support the program. This benefits facilities, coaching salaries, recruiting budget, band-travel budget, extra perks/bells 'n whistles to keep the facilities competitive year after year, etc.

I'm not doing it yet, but this summer I plan to after getting a 2nd job.

If we all give a little, it makes a BIG difference, just like if we all vote once per day. Together, we can't be beaten. There aren't many universities that garner this much devotion, love of school, comradeship, and never-say-die allegiance as what we do in C.S., and we can use the power of the 12th Man to get a whoop-ass football team, to.

Money money money.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
quote:
Best thing the 12th Man can do (other than packing our hopefully 113K seat stadium and yelling our asses off) is to give money to the 12th Man Foundation to support the program. This benefits facilities, coaching salaries, recruiting budget, band-travel budget, extra perks/bells 'n whistles to keep the facilities competitive year after year, etc.

I'm not doing it yet, but this summer I plan to after getting a 2nd job.

If we all give a little, it makes a BIG difference, just like if we all vote once per day. Together, we can't be beaten. There aren't many universities that garner this much devotion, love of school, comradeship, and never-say-die allegiance as what we do in C.S., and we can use the power of the 12th Man to get a whoop-ass football team, to.

Money money money.

however when you do give money and see schools with smaller budgets be more successful in the major sports it kind of debunks that.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
Thanks for the information, Kampfers...good stuff, and thank you and Gig 'Em for trying to get your fellow students organized for the vote.
quote:
What makes you think 100% of the student body will vote on an internet poll?
Let's not miscommunicate on this point: I'm not thinking 100% of our student body would vote on an internet poll, and did not indicate that. However, if we've got about 45,000 students left from the 50,000 we had in Sept., plus approx. 380,000 former students, I do not understand why we can't get 30K or 40K votes per day, especially how intense many of us are about our school.

quote:
#1 - No. While most students do have facebook, some don't.
When I boldfaced ALL in "All of our students are on facebook, right?" I did not think that my boldfacing of that word or my usage of the word "ALL" would be taken absolutely literally. Come on, Kampfers, we're on the same side. Let's play a higher game, man.

My point is; We should be getting one hell of a lot more votes than this. Maybe I was a little more out-going than many while in school, but I would've had not problem at all organizing a skit in the Theatre Arts Dept. designed to get the word out about the vote, carrying a sign around and yelling out like the town-crier about the vote, etc. I absolutely Do Not Understand why our numbers are so low, and am positively baffled by it.

You have provided some insight, though, and I appreciate that.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
however when you do give money and see schools with smaller budgets be more successful in the major sports it kind of debunks that.
It certainly makes it frustrating, and harder for folks to convince themselves to give money when it seems like it's just going down the drain, for sure, but it doesn't debunk it. Here's why:

1) Why did Urban Meyer leave Utah for Florida, Mack leave UNC for t.u., Sumlin leave Houston for us, Saban leave Mich. St. for LSU, etc., etc.? Probaly several reasons, but Athletic Budget Revenue is one of the biggest.

2) If K-State, Tech and OK-State have better coaching than we do, they'll be us more often than not. If our revenue is higher, we should be able to attract and retain better better coaching. If we don't, it's the fault of us for hiring the wrong coach. But if we raise our revenue, there's no doubt that we'll be in the driver's seat to get better coaching than schools who's revenue is lower than ours.

3) Look at how bad t.u. and OU were between Royal/Switzer and Mack/Stoops? It's about the coaching, and they have the revenue to keep those coaches happy and committed. Look at how far down LSU and Bama were for years. It's about the coaching, and that's why it's probably only a matter of time before Florida and Tennessee come back up. Florida has the additional perk of not having to leave it's own state to get great talent, while Tennessee has the largest recruiting budget in all of college football....but with their very high revenue they can afford to do it.

We've got to get our revenue up, guys, if we want to win in the SEC. Not short-term, as that's more a function of coaching, but if Sumlin kicks ass, we need to be able to offer him enough money to stay, especially when Mack retires.
Kashchei
AG
quote:
I get your point - agree with most of it - and love your confidence and enthusiasm; however it should be acknowledged that we've had some very supportive Tide fans, Gamecock fans, Miss St. fans (as always), Gator fans, and Vol Fans (another consistent trend), that've been cool and supportive, so I need to throw my 2 cents in that those folks deserve polite recognition as well.

Why bite the hands of friendship offered in places throughout this very thread?

My post was mainly in response to Jack Thauer's on the previous page which I should have quoted in my original post:

quote:
Don't ask for outside help from SEC schools. This has been attempted and backfired with them voting for Nebraska. Spread the word to all aggies though. Nebraskas daily totals will continue to increase!

I'm used to t.u. and gaylor stabbing us in the back, but I thought our new SEC brethren would help us out to a greater extent (or at least not vote for Neb!). Not trying to impugn those who are indeed helping us, I was just expecting more after all the hullabaloo about joining the SEC "brotherhood."
aTm1990
AG
Keep voting Ags!
Jack Thauer
AG

gamedayvote.com
Kentatm
quote:
When I boldfaced ALL in "All of our students are on facebook, right?" I did not think that my boldfacing of that word or my usage of the word "ALL" would be taken absolutely literally. Come on, Kampfers, we're on the same side. Let's play a higher game, man.

lol wut?

the word "all" does not have alternate meaning.

if you don't mean all as in everyone, don't use that word.

just say MOST.

and dont hide behind this "higher game" stuff just b/c you typed a muddled post.

never mind that when you said we should be getting 25k votes a day if half the students voted that you are absolutely implying that you do in fact mean the entire student body.

this is basic English paper 101 brah.

[This message has been edited by Kentatm (edited 5/8/2012 2:54p).]
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
the word "all" does not have alternate meaning.
I was using it in hyperbole. Reading back over it I can see that wasn't clear.

quote:
if you don't mean all as in everyone, don't use that word.
see above

quote:
just say MOST.
Should've said "Almost every one of the 50,000 students on campus last fall has a facebook account, right? What, somewhere between 83%-98%, yeah?"

quote:
and dont hide behind this "higher game" stuff just b/c you typed a muddled post.
You're right, the post was muddled. Not common for me. And you're still making a mountain out of a mole-hill, and you really didn't need to do that. I don't recall you posting like this before.

quote:
never mind that when you said we should be getting 25k votes a day if half the students voted that you are absolutely implying that you do in fact mean the entire student body.
You're incorrect, here. If we have 50,000 students, and half of them vote on any given day, that's 25,000 votes per day from the student body, no matter whether 97% of those 50,000 have FB accounts, or 84% of those 50,000 have FB accounts. See? I could explain this further, but I don't want to come across as pedantic or insulting of your intelligence, here, out of respect.

quote:
this is basic English paper 101 brah.
Really? You're going low-road condescending, here?
You're right, my post was muddled. That's no reason to accuse me of a total lack of knowledge of the English language. You're acting like some kind of syntax Nazi, today, and being something of a belittling jerk about it.

I've generally enjoyed your posts for a while, and I've not witnessed this kind of snarkiness and pettiness from you before. I'm going to chalk it up to a bad and irregular day. God Bless.

[This message has been edited by billkemp (edited 5/8/2012 6:41p).]
AtlantaAg
AG
Less talky more votey.
ApachePilot
AG
Voted again.

He's had enough Johnny... I'll decide when he's had enough
AggieDave02
AG
VORED SOME MOAR
Kentatm
sorry billkemp

I didn't realize my stick poke was so sharp.

I was just being a smartass, no harm intended.

[This message has been edited by Kentatm (edited 5/8/2012 6:24p).]
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
Sweet. Now let's WIN THIS MUTHER *UCKIN' VOTE AND KICK SOME ASS LIKE THE GOD BLESSED TEXAS AGGIES THAT WE ARE!

WHOOOOOOP!
Jack Thauer
AG

gamedayvote.com
BuckhornAggie11
AG
VOTE!
Steve Holt!
AG
Look alive, *****es. It's showtime.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
Lets GIT IT!
12thManftbll
AG
Vored again!! Last two days!!
aTm1990
AG
Two days left! Keep voting Ags!
ApachePilot
AG
Voted again!
AggieDave02
AG
Vored!!!!!
BCO07
AG
Voted, and laughed at Texas state, utsa, and ulala beating bu

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.