Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

TexAgs.com Official Statement Regarding Carl Pelini Incident

9,614 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by nems
WatchOle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
TexAgs.com Official Statement Regarding Carl Pelini Incident
the_wrecker
AG
What a neanderthal.
ff2012
AG
Got em. Good luck trying to explain that Pelini.
GeorgiAg
AG
DON'T MESS WITH TEXAGS

WE KNOW STUFF!
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Carl Pelini needs to explain why he lied. And issue an apology to Brandon.
Spaceball 1
AG
Pelini owes you an apology, I hope you get it.

Nonregdrummer09
AG
Let's push this towards media, please.
ProphAC
AG
Wow... I wonder why he was so worried about his confrontation being taped?
ELGINAG
AG
If Carl and Bo are able to lie their way out of this , they should change their last name from Pelini to Houdini.
SmackDaddy
AG
What a toolbag for lying to his brother and saying he "bumped" into a photographer.
OneBlitzer
AG
TexAgs: 1
Pelini: 0
RAMF 95
AG
Pelini is garbage. Carl that is.

Aggienk
Brandon,
You should consider changing the times you have written down in the statement to match the top video rather than the lower one. That's the one I was watching.
AJ02
AG
The more I hear/read about this, the more infuriated I get. First of all, for this to happen at all. Second of all, for it to happen to Brandon. Third, for the coaching staff of the Nebraska team to lie about it. And lastly, for the so-called "best fans in the nation" to either condone Pelini's actions, or have blinders on and refuse to see what's in front of them.

I've always said Nebraska fans are the best, and that they are my second favorite college team, but I am absolutely disgusted that they don't see the problem with this. A huge representative of your university, who gets paid a lot of money, does something like this completely unprovoked and they think it's OK. I'm disgusted. I know those posting on the internet are a small sample and not usually representative, but I'd feel a little differently if there were some "classy" and level-headed NU fans counter-balancing them.
child of grace
S
Typo found. You omitted the word 'camera' in the paragraph following video.
pringlelake
Bo Pelini and Carl Pelini are just plain ******-bags and my Mother would call them "white trash". Can you imagine Sherman acting like these clowns under any circumstance? I can't. Thank you Lord that we don't have to suffer an embarrassment like this every time something doesn't go our way.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
fixed grace! Thanks!
chico
Wizard of Ahhhhs
AG
I have no idea why they would try to refute this evidence with some cockamamee story that is obviously false. Why not just own it and move on? The cover up/denial is always worse than the crime.

D-bag
JohnnyDramaKS
I don't blame you guys. Especially when they came out and flat out lied today the media. I think you guys would probably let this guy if there was no damage to the camera and they just issued a public apology stating that they were wrong and it probably would have been end of story. But no the Pelini's are a bunch of ******bags and they have too much pride for some Texas A&M reporter (at least this is what they think). They feel they can lie to the national media and scrape this under the rug. I hope you guys get your side out the national media and paint an even darker cloud over their program for the weeks to come. Plus, Tom Osborne has been backing these fools for some time because they are winning. If Nebraska was 5-5 this year, we would be seeing a Mike Leach or Mark Mangino situation all over again and Pelini would be on the hot seat.
jimbotron
If he would have sacked up and apologized for losing his temper he could have saved a shred of dignity and put an end to the madness. But now that he and his brother have lied about the incident(as well as implicated a player whom Bo alleges to have lied about the incident) they have opened up a whole new can of worms.

It's obvious they lied after seeing there wasn't conclusive video proof, and figured they would get away with it, but now there is photographic evidence backing Brandon's account of the events and they're backed into a corner. It will be interesting to see how they respond now.

The assault and battery on its own is serious enough, but forgivable since there was no serious damage done to Brandon or the camera, but the fact that they lied makes it now look like a lawsuit worth pursuing. These thugs need to be taught a lesson.

It is too bad they couldn't apologize from the beginning, and put this whole mess behind them and everyone else, but it is obvious they lack the morals required of us an individuals to live in a civilized society. It is understood that people are going to screw up when under high levels of stress and high emotions, but they had time to calm down and analyze the situation and they made a conscious decision to do the wrong thing by lying.
texasbug
AughtThree
AG
The real disappointment is that Nebraska and its fans are known as a program that is above behavior like this. If someone representing Texas Tech had done this, no o e would have even noticed. However, Nebraska is better than this and their fans deserve better than the fiasco that the Pelini brothers had on display that night. Grown men acting like children throwing tantrums on a national stage...
Keegan99
AG
jimbotron is spot on.

The lie by the Pelinis is why this needs to be pursued to the fullest extent possible.

[This message has been edited by Keegan99 (edited 11/22/2010 6:13p).]
ham98
ultimatum to the Pelinis: public apology or wrath. You won't like the latter

[This message has been edited by ham98 (edited 11/22/2010 6:19p).]
vaaggie86
AG
these guys need to go, NU is a class University with the classiest AD in the game, these guys tarnish your image...
Caesar4
AG
Terribly embarrassing for Pelinis and by association, NU.
TAMU04
AG
BRING THEM DOWN!!!!
Lonestar1
AG
What a buffoon. Brandon, take this fool to the cleaners. I hope he gets fired.
72 colo ag
AG
I would file a formal protest with NU and file assult charges on Pelini. Make him think about ever coming back to Texas to recruit.
Morpholino
AG
You got that little elf, Carl Pelini by the cojones now.

Brandon, you have nerves of steal.

If I was in your position, I think I would of calmly laid the camera down, then give the elf a Johnny Cage head pop - uppercut - Flawless victory, fatality.
EKG1996
AG
Big 12 needs to fine him at the very least.
jimbotron
Another thing, in this situation Brandon is entitled to defend himself and his property with reasonable force, and he could have started throwing punches at Pelini and been justified. Luckily he kept his cool and kept the situation from escalating because this could have easily turned into an all out brawl involving coaches, players, and students which would have given both programs a black eye. So aside from Pelini's assault and battery, he could have easily instigated a riot. Kudos to Brandon for keeping the situation from escalating.

Also, what is the deal with people just standing around and not trying to break this up? Everyone appears to have a ho-hum attitude, just watching and not doing anything.

[This message has been edited by jimbotron (edited 11/22/2010 7:11p).]
12thManTowelie
So can we start calling him "Hot Carl" now?
12th Ag
AG
Legally, Peleni should suffer the same punishment as anyone else who assaults someone. All citizens have the constitutional right to walk in public without being attacked. If that means prison, so be it. Brandon should go to the College Station police department and file charges. Now since both of the Pelini's had a chance to come clean, tell the truth, and apologize, but they both made the decision to lie about tbe incident (as the photographic evidence clearly indicates), the Cornhusker Nation has no choice but perform a thorough investigation of the altercation and to terminate the employment of one or both Pelini's when it is found they lied about the incident or to terminate them if it is proven in a court of law that they lied. The attack was a heat of the moment, temporary rage. To lie purposely about the incident is much more serious, a crime within itself, as it was premeditated and Nebraska cannot be an honorable school if they ignore this and allow these two coaches to cover up the incident with lies.

[This message has been edited by 12th Ag (edited 11/22/2010 7:42p).]
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.