Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

12th man perspective from the players

8,027 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by aggiephoenix02
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey, I got a great idea! Let us all show our "discontent" with how the team is doing by everyone lying on the ground, kicking and screaming like we were in kindergarten. Yay!! Let's become super new army!
MooreTrucker
AG
Palooza, K-Caz, fido, and anyone else that thinks that they should only yell when the team is doing something good, are completely missing what it means to be the 12th Man.

The 12th Man is ready WHENEVER they are needed, not just when things are good. When the Ags are down or struggling is ESPECIALLY when the 12th Man needs to step up and help out.

[This message has been edited by techaggie (edited 11/17/2007 3:33p).]
Carrot34
You guys are really wrong. The sips and Baylor fans are better than we are now. SAD.

Booing was the beginning of the end of the 12th man. I know it started on the old folks side but it is bad.
H6RBW
AG
For all those wanting to see "performance" before you open your mouths and yell: you yell to help the team perform. Because you're part of the team.

That's what "Twelfth Man" means - get it? Eleven men on the field, plus you. What would you think about Goodson or Lane taking plays off until they saw McGee complete a few more passes?

Do your part.
Palooza11
AG
new army blah blah blah. here is to cheering for mediocrity
Palooza11
AG
goodson does his part.......when he gets the ball..
aggiephoenix02
nm

[This message has been edited by aggiebird02 (edited 11/17/2007 3:57p).]
Gap
AG
Palooza,
With that kind of pathetic attitiude, why don't you fork over the funds for the half of the seats that the Old Ags are giving you. Make the check out to the 12th Man Foundation because I don't want to be providing welfare to you.
Wheatables02
AG
Suck it up and bring your all to the game on Friday. You had better lose your voice.

Remember, we (the 12th Man) are auditioning for a new coach and this is the final audition.

[This message has been edited by Wheatables02 (edited 11/17/2007 3:58p).]
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
Let's flash back to old school Kyle, with tu offenses having trouble hearing snap counts and defenses shutting down offenses because the 12th Man is there with 100+ decibals of sound.
Palooza11
AG
i dont need your welfare i have my all sports pass
Palooza11
AG
see that was back then when we had a good team, a good defense. we suck right now. bad defense, a mediocre offense. terrible coach
H6RBW
AG
Who is this "we" you speak of?
Palooza11
AG
The University of Texas A&M- College Station
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
Keep in mind that recruits love loud crowd noise. Win or lose, let's get loud! We help the program bring in a good coach and better recruits.
Palooza11
AG
Fran has been a plague for the last 5 years. Sucked the life out of everybody and everything. Look at me
Yesterday
AG
quote:
You guys are really wrong. The sips and Baylor fans are better than we are now. SAD.

The pathetic excuse for a coaching staff and an ok football team has surely lead to the deflated atmosphere at Kyle, but lets not go overboard with accusations. Have you attended a game at DKRDJKEKBKRKE etc. or floyd casey lately? It's not even close.
Gap
AG
quote:
i dont need your welfare i have my all sports pass

Who do you think pay the load for you to have 1/2 price seats?

If you are going to take the welfare, try not to insult the giver.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
Man, if you hate it so bad, why don't you not go to the game. Just go home for T-Day.
mazag08
AG
quote:
Username: Palooza11
Number of Posts: 283
Account Created: 10/10/2007 11:48:06 AM

troll
Palooza11
AG
I did not know that. I am sorry.
PhiAggie
AG
I noticed that is wasnt loud this year at all at the games Ive been to.
Palooza11
AG
I am no troll. Y'all are going to lol when I say this, but home is in Austin. I chose A&M over tu so dont tell me I am a troll. I am just an upset fan due to the lack of success
FincAg
AG
I like what Wheatables02 had to say about our fans. Friday is definitely our time to shine and show support. I've been in the student section for every game but for Baylor, and I can't tell you the amount of students who just don't give a rat's arse about the game. They think they are supposed to cheer when something goes well and kiss when we score. I swear I have felt like the only Aggie that cares, yells during the entire defensive stands, and brings a towel to the games. Sorry if this is long but as a member of New Army, I have to say we are partly to blame. The current students show just as much fire as our current HC.... Luckily that will change soon and the intensity in the stands should change as well.

"I WANNA WIN!!!" - Coach Slaughter
aggiephoenix02
I bet the players are more upset than you, and could use your support dumbass, they're students & Aggies too.

Edit: for paloozer two posts up...

[This message has been edited by aggiebird02 (edited 11/17/2007 4:18p).]
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
I used to joke about how tu fans were so fickle. Now new army wants to imitate tu. Let's get rid of Midnight Yell and Silver Taps while we are at it.
Palooza11
AG
I bring my towel to the game, do all the yells, and yell my lungs out when the other team has the ball. After all the losing and dissapointment this season, you cant blame people for getting tired and maybe not yelling when your team is down like KU
JimmyHomestyles
That's about like Ben Affleck complaining about low ticket sales to Gigli...

No **** SHERLOCK!
Nagler
AG
Alumni boo more than anyone else, even at bball games they are the ones booing. The crowd feeds off the way the team is playing, you may not like it but its true.
aggiephoenix02
Think of it this way, it's supporting the players, not the person who has put them and the 12th Man in this position...
FincAg
AG
I was 2nd deck about 45yd and great seats. I'd say of the 20 or so students around me a the beginning of the game, 5 stayed to see the last 3 minutes. Maybe it's just me but the way CF has been this season i really thought there might be a miracle in the bag for us. I understand getting tired, but leaving? Some people may have excuses they use, but they are just that, excuses.
FincAg
AG
i agree aggiebird, it's just some people dont see it like that. From the students I see around me at games....we are getting more and more fair weather fans or just fans fed up with fran and giving up on the team.
JimmyHomestyles
Talk about supporting the players, and the 12th Man, and this Tradition, and that Tradition and think that Aggies are "different". If we go .500 every year, every single one of those traditions will suck.

Just Win, it's not that hard. Arizona State does it. Mizzou does it. Kansas does it. Boston College does it. Arifreakingzona knocked off Oregon..............WE SHOULDN'T SUCK THIS BAD.

Every Aggie football tradition we hold dearly will crumble if we have this type of season year in and year out. Sorry if I don't drink the KoolAid.
Poindexter
Players are reflecting their coach's mentality.
Love me for just being me.
Admiration is something that's gotta be earned, not obtained like an inheritance.
Can't expect accolades for inferior play.
That's just the way it is.
I didn't invent this world, I just live in it.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Are we seriously arguing about showing up and yelling for our team to beat t.u.? Jeez.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.