Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

12th man perspective from the players

7,961 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by aggiephoenix02
buzzardb267
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh BTW.....to H6R, we yelled long and loud, and the AD still did not accept mediocrity! I don't know how he knew without us expressing our displeasure. I guess the AD is stupider and the students are enlightened.

"ROGER - OUT"
speckledtrout
The 12th Man has been one of the few bright spots this entire year. I believe that 2007 will go down as the 2nd best attendance on record. The athletic department, high school recruits, current players and coaches said that they need more money, better facilities and higher attendance. The 12th Man stepped up and delivered. So now we're left with 5 star facilities for a bottom-feeder program and 2 star athletes and coaches. Here's a lesson for the players that they didn't read in their textbooks..........ask for as much as you can get, but be damned sure that you can deliver what you promise because nothing in life is free. This program has been circling the toilet for almost a decade and it's taken it's toll on the 12th Man.
PerfectAg
Buzzardag267.

Gig 'em!

Bring back hazing!

The Corps of Cadets is the heart and soul of Texas A&M!

BTHO tu!

If you refer to the North forty as anything other than tu or 'sips, you are not an AGGIE!
Shl0g
The players don't need to worry about the 12th man, the players need to worry about doing there jobs and performing to get the W's. If they bring the W's, the 12th man will follow. This crap saying "The 12th man isn't as loud as it used to be in previous years" is such a load of crap it makes me sick. It is like they are blaming there piss pooor play bc the 12th man isn't "loud enough". Hell, they play in front of 80,000 plus, how could you not be motivate to dominate the opponent every week? Stop making excuses and go out and win every game like you know you can.

[This message has been edited by Shl0g (edited 11/18/2007 5:45p).]
No Spin Ag
The problem with so many, especially players, is that they seem to feel they are supposed to get all the perks from the 12th man, for no more reason than "it's always been that way" or "it's tradition".

That sounds no different than a spoiled brat who's lived his life having everything handed to him. I know their generation is one that feels they are entitled to everything because of their parents, but come on, this is not the place. They are grown men who need to see the world as it is, which is you earn things not get them because you're supposed to.

Fans pay hard earned money and already show their support by being at the games. If the players want fans to expend all their energy standing and yelling for the entire game, then the team had better do the same.

We've seen our players phone it in too many times, and for too many years, which means they have no leg to stand on when they remark about the 12th man.

Bringing the red pill to the masses.
Rodo
AG
When did uncovering become a tradition?

Rodo
motis
Here's the deal, yelling for the Ags only when they are winning - bad bull. Intimating that somehow the team "owes" the 12th Man anything (except 100% effort) - bad bull. We went to A&M because we wanted to be a cut above - no booing, no fair-weather fans, no leaving at halftime.

I went to A&M between 87-91, arguably the strongest times in A&M football, and the thing I remember the most was the gratitude of the old Ags. Guys who knew they were outmanned from the get-go but still supporting their alma mater no matter what. When we actually had success, they revelled in it. Now we think it is our God-given right to be 12-0 each year, withoug having to earn it either on the field or in the stands.

Now it looks like to me we are just any university, t.u., USC, name 'em. Front running, what have you done lately for me crowd. We are losing what made us special.
Icecream_Ag
S
Based on the original post, I wouldnt say the players are calling out the 12th man for their bad performance, just noting that even with improved attendance their isnt as much noise. Its something I've noticed from my seats ON THE EAST SIDE.

For those that are getting upset by the comments follow these directions:
1) drop shorts
2) pull twisted diaper from your *****
3) put on your big boy underwear
4) YELL YOUR ASS OFF AT T+1(putting shorts back on is optional if it makes you feel better).
BreNayPop
AG
Nice Icecream...

Icecream_Ag
S
why thank you.

Hows the parent-life treatin ya?
Howard R Hughes
the players need to seriously not worry about the fans. the fans have been loyal.
Ulrich
The student side always starts loud. Then we start to see why everyone hates Fran.

It's easy to be loud when your team is doing well, or it is a close game. We saw it at OU/NU/tech last year and FSU this year. I think in those situations, we are louder than anyone in college football. I know I left all those games with ringing ears.

When things go downhill, it's tough. You can stay loud, and a lot of people do. Unfortunately, you can tell "new army" what a disgrace and disappointment they are, but that doesn't make the sense of complete futility go away. That doesn't make the feeling that the coaches have given up go away. I would wager that even back in some of the bad years, you knew your coach was trying to win the game. We aren't even sure of that simple, basic fact, and neither are most of you old ags.

On a more superficial level, our defense kills our crowd momentum as some mentioned earlier. We yell even as we watch our defense give up 20 yards a pop on little screens, draws, and crossing routes to 1-AA schools all... game... long... and we are right back to that futility. We know our players are bigger, stronger, and faster, but it doesn't matter. It feels like nothing matters.

Does that make it right that people stop yelling as loud or as long? No. Does it make it easier to understand for all the perfect ags sitting in silent judgment across the field? I hope so.
PerfectAg
aero ag 2010,

Whether a after a play, score, outcome, etc. it is imperative to be as loud as possible during yells and when AGS are on defense. You seem to think that when things are not going well for the AGS we diminish our support. That is BS!

BTHOtu!

If you refer to the North forty as anything other than tu or 'sips, you are not an AGGIE!
farmers fight78
After each game, my husband and I feel as if we've done everything but go down on the field and pull our guys into the end zone, and if asked, we'd try to do that too. My daughter cannot talk for days after each game (student). --Many of us are "doing our part" (and will continue to do so) - so come on guys - the 12th man will do our part - and you need to do yours. --Oh-- Since when do Aggies "cheer"? We yell.
houstontexan
attended ga tech vs. unc this sat.

these players don't know how good they have it.
Ulrich
quote:
Does that make it right that people stop yelling as loud or as long? No. Does it make it easier to understand for all the perfect ags sitting in silent judgment across the field? I hope so.

quote:
PerfectAg
posted 3:14a, 11/19/07

aero ag 2010,

Whether a after a play, score, outcome, etc. it is imperative to be as loud as possible during yells and when AGS are on defense. You seem to think that when things are not going well for the AGS we diminish our support. That is BS!

Speak of the devil...

Can you read? Beyond that, can you comprehend what you read, or are you so eager to put everyone else down you don't really pay attention? You have to be fishing for reactions most of the time, but come on.

How loud are you?
BaronVonAggie
AG
The fans have sucked, but fans are like the weather. If you're a man in charge of yourself shouldnt make an ounce of difference, the fans arent out there playing the game. In fact if you're really playing the game like it should be played the current situation should make you meaner.
You feel a bit of pain from the fans you get to express that out there on the football field.

I will be so glad when Fran and his crybaby, defeatist attitude is long gone.

[This message has been edited by BaronVonAggie (edited 11/19/2007 1:56p).]
TexAgsQuarterback
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Mugsy01
AG
I blame the coaching...

We as fans cheer/yell when directed by the players (both on the field and on the sidelines) via a waving of their arms vertically in the universally understood "make some noise" motion.

Many threads have discussed that the players aren't in control of their actions on the field, since they're only doing what the coaches call (smoke draw on 3rd and 20), so if the coaches don't direct the players to involve the crowd, that's just poor coaching on their part.

It's that kind of lackluster performance and overall lack of commitment that allowed the Germans to bomb the moon in the first place.
TexAggie1987
PerfectAg=PerfectMoron
Bottlerocket
AG
How did this get missed for 2 pages (from Palooza's post on page 2)?

quote:
The University of Texas A&M- College Station

Not sure about you guys, but the crest on my ring says "Texas A&M University"
H6RBW
AG
such an obvious troll at that point that it wasn't worth responding to. i felt kind of dumb for having played along as long as I did.
ontheway
AG
zorro - you have it ass backwards. Read posts about traditional role of 12th Man at Kyle. You don't get it and probably don't want to.
Damn, how about just going to Kyle, yell your ass off for 4 qtrs and leave.
BTW, for other posters, DF does not have the power to "suck the life out of the 12th Man". If that is happening,it is our f---ing fault! Ags are in control of the fate of the 12th man, nobody else. Quit blaming someone else for our failure to hold up our traditional role of unconditional team support.
aggiephoenix02
quote:
how about just going to Kyle, yell your ass off for 4 qtrs and leave.
Everyone still does this! It's not like there just sitting there quiet (well, beside the same huge portion of older former students who've never done anything except sit their quietly), the problem is it's just not as loud. Why is that? Because it's natural to be louder in tight games than blowouts...
TexAggie1987
When you have a coaching staff that has given up and seems to just go through the motions every week do you really expect Kyle Field to be the way it was in the 80's and 90's? I guarantee you any other school that has gone through what we've been through this season would be lucky to have half the stadium full and it would be quieter than a church service. Yes, we are the 12th man and have an obligation to support the team and players through thick and thin but let's be realistic.
houstontexan
quote:
The fans have sucked

no, no they haven't. the fans have been systemically beaten down over the last 5-6 years with HORRIBLE D and over the las 3 with one of the worst offensive schemes in modern day college football.
aggiephoenix02
I wonder why you guys don't complain about the 12th Man getting quieter when we're blowing out the other teams. I mean, just because the wins in the bag, and there's no hope for the other team, doesn't mean you give any less. You should still be almost passing out from yelling every play right? Or maybe like I said, people yell louder in tight games than they do in blowouts...
ag4ever2010
AG
aggiebird02, I have to disagree with you. You said that all of the students that go to the game yell. Well, when I look around me, I would say that only about 70% do so. It's pathetic and I wish someone would just slap them in the face. WE ARE THE 12th MAN!!!!

Shut up and YELL!
ktweaverbird
Which button pumps up the crowd noise again?
aggiephoenix02
quote:
You said that all of the students that go to the game yell. Well, when I look around me, I would say that only about 70% do so. It's pathetic and I wish someone would just slap them in the face. WE ARE THE 12th MAN!!!!

Shut up and YELL!
Yeah right, 100% of the students yelled every game before fran got here.

You're expecting more than ever before from the 12th Man and at a time like now? I don't think so...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.