Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Le Tour

4,371 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by htxag09
culdeus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieOO said:

I miss velogames.

I thought it was long dead, but just looked it up, and apparently it is still a thing. We gotta get something set up next time.
I think they got sued or something and shut down but worked it out.
AggieOO
yeah, i noticed that they called TdF something like "the big race"
htxag09
AG
Thought today's stage was a good one. Hirschi was pretty amazing up front the whole stage. Really thought he would pull it off.
dave99ag
AG
So, what's the over / under that Le Tour gets cancelled after all the testing tomorrow?
Big Cat `93
AG
I just discovered that Peacock is showing the tour commercial-free. This will save my sanity. I never want to see JK Simmons or hear "Weapon of Choice" again.
wangus12
AG
Muhlberger just dropped out and they're saying he's sick. Wonder if Covid got him.
AggieOO
that was my first thought too.
culdeus
AG
Big Cat `93 said:

I just discovered that Peacock is showing the tour commercial-free. This will save my sanity. I never want to see JK Simmons or hear "Weapon of Choice" again.

Born from jets down?
Big Cat `93
AG
Glad that's gone. And Sheryl Crow using Lance to sing on Subaru ads.
AggieOO
Hell of a ride by Hirschi today!
Big Cat `93
AG
Atta way, Marc.
BQ2001
AG
really entertaining stage today
AggieOO
just finished catching up. great stage today.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Did Lance and Hincapie make up?
dave99ag
AG
They're always giving each other crap on the show, but it's pretty obvious they are close.

Roglic or Pogacar? I'm going with Roglic because that team is ridiculous.
wangus12
AG
Looks like Ewan is gonna get dropped today. He's been struggling badly in these mountain stages and he is in trouble again
jejdag
Holy crap, what a stage today!!!
Now that's racing, and why I put cycling right up there with Aggie football as must-see tv!
AggieOO
crap, i missed today...guess i'll find the replay.
htxag09
AG
I cannot imagine climbing these mountains. Like even if I only did the climb and had a day to do it, not a chance. I don't think i could walk some of the gradients lol
dave99ag
AG
Sepp Cuss gonna be leading a team in the not so distant future. Curious to know how he TTs.
AggieOO
dave99ag said:

Sepp Cuss gonna be leading a team in the not so distant future. Curious to know how he TTs.
i've been keeping an eye on him. he's been impressive.

Really hoping Payson McElveen gets him back on the podcast post-TdF. Those guys are good buddies.
AggieOO
crazy timing. This just popped up for me...need to listen/watch...Guessing he'll def have him back after the race.

wangus12
AG
AggieOO said:

dave99ag said:

i've been keeping an eye on him. he's been impressive.

Really hoping Payson McElveen gets him back on the podcast post-TdF. Those guys are good buddies.
I posted this in the other sports thread:

Quote:

I feel like Kuss has been the rock that Roglic has built his performance on. The entire Jumbo team has been crazy good this race, but Kuss is always the final leadout for Roglic to bring him home.

dave99ag
AG
They've definitely been saving him for the last push on the climbs versus using Doumalin more. Tom is still top 10 in GC, so i can see him trying to move up a bit with the uphill TT.
Big Cat `93
AG
That gravel. Man. Better than cobbles, I guess. Cool to see all the kids out there cheering.
AggieOO
feel bad for Porte. Never a good time to get a flat, but on that grabel, i don't know how he stayed vertical. I guess that's why he's a pro and i'm sitting at home.
AggieOO
and i continue to be impressed by Kuss.
dave99ag
AG
AggieOO said:

feel bad for Porte. Never a good time to get a flat, but on that grabel, i don't know how he stayed vertical. I guess that's why he's a pro and i'm sitting at home.
The bike handling skills of pros is absolutely insane. Add in how many of these guys rode mountain or cyclocross early on and their handling is phenomenal.

JA's descent in the break yesterday was unnerving how he would fly around the corners. Pretty sure disc brakes has vastly helped the guys that bomb downhill.

Sepp is going to finish 15th in his first Tour in a support roll and probably could have won a stage. I bet we see him get a GC nod for the Vuelta or Giro next year or 2022.
wangus12
AG
Payson asked Sepp if he might get a GC nod for Vuelta in the podcast above. Would be cool if he did.
htxag09
AG
AggieOO said:

Yeah, that's why I'm not a pro
agcivengineer
AG
I am really enjoying watching Sepp. He is absolutely crushing it. It was awesome when he accidently pulled ahead of roglic yesterday. Absolute team player, but potential to be a GC contender.
htxag09
AG
Jumbo Visma sport director kicked out of Tour de France

Seems he took exception to the disassembly of Roglic's bike (damage caused to it?) after the race and lost his cool.
htxag09
AG
Bee sting in the mouth. What are the damn odds? That sucks.

A couple weeks ago I was near the end of my ride and some kind of wasp/insect flew into my jersey (it was partially unzipped) and sting/bit me. The surprise of it damn near caused me to fall off my bike. Almost fell off again trying to get the damn thing out of my jersey.
Big Cat `93
AG
A yellowjacket flew in my mouth when I was running one time. Didn't sting me, but I did have to hock it out of the top of my throat. Nearly OD'ed on Chloraseptic the rest of the day.
Scriffer
AG
htxag09 said:

Bee sting in the mouth. What are the damn odds? That sucks.

A couple weeks ago I was near the end of my ride and some kind of wasp/insect flew into my jersey (it was partially unzipped) and sting/bit me. The surprise of it damn near caused me to fall off my bike. Almost fell off again trying to get the damn thing out of my jersey.

Somewhere Old Man Jens is laughing
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.