Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Le Tour

4,290 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by htxag09
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone even care? Starts tomorrow!

We'll see how many teams finish...
Quote:

To ensure the race is completed, teams will be expelled from the 2020 event if at least two riders or members of staff show strong symptoms or test positive for Covid-19.
TexasAggies06
AG
I'm in. I just started getting into cycling after buying a road bike to get out more during COVID. I have never followed or watched any races before this year, but I've watched a couple since they started back up and have been listening to some of The Move podcast episodes. It's a mesmerizing sport to watch! Hoping for an exciting Tour.
htxag09
AG
In. Anyone pay for the full/extended coverage?

Last year was the first year I watched consistently, I was highly annoyed by the amount of commercials.

Another side tangent, I was also kind of surprised by the lack of metrics presented. Even basic stuff like how fast they're riding wasn't commonly displayed.
Ragoo
AG
Live or virtual?
Ragoo
AG
I guess Chad Haga didn't make the Sunweb tour lineup this year.
ptothemo
AG
Le Tour, which is French for....The Tour
Big Cat `93
AG
I'm in for sure. I want to see a French rider finally win the dang thing. Don't know if it's possible yet.
AggieOO
Screw those cheese-eating surrender monkeys.
culdeus
AG
In. Honestly had no idea they would do it.
culdeus
AG
htxag09 said:

In. Anyone pay for the full/extended coverage?

Last year was the first year I watched consistently, I was highly annoyed by the amount of commercials.

Another side tangent, I was also kind of surprised by the lack of metrics presented. Even basic stuff like how fast they're riding wasn't commonly displayed.

They keep that secret for tactical reasons.
htxag09
AG
What I figured for a lot of metrics. I mean if they wanted they could show power, cadence, heart rates, etc. But speed?!?! I mean it's not like you can keep that secret. People can be out on the course with radar guns or timing point to point pretty easily if they wanted to know speed...
AggieOO
My two year old is glued to the TV. "Psych-ing"

And she's telling them "go faster."
Big Cat `93
AG
Rain + road paint always makes me cringe when I watch these guys.
AggieOO
Lots of small crashes so far.
Ragoo
AG
The aerial shots are always beautiful
Big Cat `93
AG
It's raining all over France. Just saw a replay of a wreck in the motorcycle race at Le Mans. One guy slid off and nearly got hit by another rider.
htxag09
AG
Recorded it and watching now. I know it's raining and tough conditions, but crazy to see how badly alaphilippe is struggling with the decent.
CrockerAg98
AG
Watching.

NBC Sports has had 5-6 hours of coverage each day, which is a great way to start the morning, and a prefect thing to have on in the background while I'm working.

Maybe I just haven't noticed, but this part of France is gorgeous!

Some nasty wrecks so far, but it is mesmerizing watching some of these descents (latter part of Sunday's race, in particular).

Ragoo
AG
Wait a dude won KOM and then crashed and exited the rest of the tour all in today's stage? Jeez.
htxag09
AG
Just the fact these guys can put on a jacket while riding uphill, in the rain is amazing to me.
culdeus
AG
Easiest way I've found is to DNS unblock this site:

https://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/TourTracker

Seems more stable than anything else I've found.
A New Hope
The riders are truly amazing athletes. 5 hrs at 20-30mph up and DOWN mountains.
JoeOlson
AG
+1 here. I thought it was a good achievement for me when I started being comfortable grabbing my water bottle or gel in the middle of a ride without unclipping.
AggieOO
culdeus said:

sometimes i amaze myself with stupidity. I spend a good portion of the morning looking for a good live feed. After searching for quite a while, i realized i could just go to hulu.com and watch.
htxag09
AG
I've just been watching on nbc sports net. But it's had its issues. Seems today the coverage started well into the stage. Also their guide hasn't been updated so has made recording a little difficult and my recoding schedule hasn't been reliable so far.
culdeus
AG
AggieOO said:

culdeus said:

sometimes i amaze myself with stupidity. I spend a good portion of the morning looking for a good live feed. After searching for quite a while, i realized i could just go to hulu.com and watch.
Are you able to do this without a cable authorization?
AggieOO
culdeus said:

AggieOO said:

culdeus said:

Are you able to do this without a cable authorization?
hulu is my "cable."
JoeOlson
AG
For those that have missed the live feeds, NBC is at least putting out a solid overview: for stages.
wangus12
AG
How dare they allow fans there along the route
hbc07
AG
Missed stage 1, but saw 2 and 3. Was really hoping that the one man breakaway could hold off, and even though he didn't it was still amazing that he was on his own for 100km without any support.
Big Cat `93
AG
Bold move, Neilson.
culdeus
AG
De Rosa bikes always have had eye appeal to me.
agcivengineer
AG
Im loving it on nbc sports. Recording in the morning and watching at night, skipping through commercials. They are amazing athletes. Im following Sepp on strava, amazing power numbers.
dave99ag
AG
Obviously I'm in. Been streaming the Aussie, um, British feed on NBC Sports Gold.

This first week has been exciting and a good departure from normal week ones. I think they're taking a page from the Giro and Vuelta by putting in some decent climbing versus the break-away / 100m sprint yawners.

I'm a fan of Jumbo Visma this year. Roglic is strong as hell and Wout is impressive. Also, watch out for Sepp Kuss in the future.

If you can handle a dose of Lance, his Move podcast with Hincapie has been good. Lance is still Lance, but GH has some great insights. Wish they put more Johan on to talk tactics.

AggieOO
I miss velogames.

I thought it was long dead, but just looked it up, and apparently it is still a thing. We gotta get something set up next time.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.