Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Power Rack Suggs and Reccos

10,640 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Sweet Kitten Feet
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Max Power said:

Finally got in and was able to pre-order some bumper plates from Titan, was able to order two pairs each of 10s, 25s, and 45s. No 35s or 15s available, but I was able to get 320 lbs for a reasonable price. Now all I need to get is a bar ordered and I'll be in business. Been looking for weeks, I needed a win.
Awesome! I had the same issue w/ American Barbell not having the 35's in stock. Just get email notifications set for any and all of the Rogue bars you might be interested in and you will hit eventually. I got the echo bar finally a handful of days ago.
I wouldn't have minded a nice full set with a pair of everything, but I can't complain at getting new bumper plates at the prices I paid. I'm on email notification lists for several places, just hoping to keep the price for the bar reasonable as well, hopefully right around $200. Before doing all this research I had no idea that barbells could get so expensive.
AggieT
AG
If you are in Houston, keep an eye on Bolt Fitness Supply in Bellaire.

They apparently got a large shipment of equipment in last week, and did in-store sales only last Saturday. The line was easily 200+ people long, but I got there early.

I managed to purchase:

1. Squat rack (equivalent of the Rogue rack previously mentioned)
2. Barbell
3. Junior bar for my son
4. Bumper plates (4x45, 2x35, 2x25, 2x15, 2x10).

The only thing they didn't have that I still need are change plates. It's all high quality (jury is out on the barbell), and I didn't pay shipping.
Whitehouse Road
AG
What is everyone's opinion on barbell quality? Are CAP barbells good enough for the price or is it better to suck it up and go with a Texas Power Bar or similar ~$300 ranged barbell?
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Depends on what you are using it for. They will be fine for bench and squat.

I wouldn't order a Texas Power Bar unless you are prepared to wait. My order is going on 6 weeks and they havent provided any sort of status.

Rogue has been doing grab bags on used bars for cheap. I think they are $198 plus shipping.

I ordered my Fringe Bar for $275 delivered. They had a few returns you might be able to get if you call. They also have the Wonder Bar which is a little cheaper.

American Barbell is another option.
Whitehouse Road
AG
Olympic lifts. I don't mind waiting too long.

Just curious how large the gap is between a $150 barbell and a $300 barbell.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Here is a good place to start.
https://www.garagegymreviews.com/best-olympic-barbell
CFTXAG10
AG
Max Power said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Max Power said:

Finally got in and was able to pre-order some bumper plates from Titan, was able to order two pairs each of 10s, 25s, and 45s. No 35s or 15s available, but I was able to get 320 lbs for a reasonable price. Now all I need to get is a bar ordered and I'll be in business. Been looking for weeks, I needed a win.
Awesome! I had the same issue w/ American Barbell not having the 35's in stock. Just get email notifications set for any and all of the Rogue bars you might be interested in and you will hit eventually. I got the echo bar finally a handful of days ago.
I wouldn't have minded a nice full set with a pair of everything, but I can't complain at getting new bumper plates at the prices I paid. I'm on email notification lists for several places, just hoping to keep the price for the bar reasonable as well, hopefully right around $200. Before doing all this research I had no idea that barbells could get so expensive.
Same here. Had no clue. Got the Echo Bar for $205 + tax from Rogue. Judging from the reviews it'll be worth it. I hope to just add little by little after this initial set of bigger purchases.
Whitehouse Road
AG
Really helpful. Thanks for sharing
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I have been glued to my computer for months looking for what to buy. His site and youtube has some amazing content.
Whitehouse Road
AG
I really have been as well. I know what I want, just trying to balance what I can afford. We bought a house in January and had always intended to cancel our gym memberships and build a home gym as soon as we moved in. Just terrible timing with everyone else trying to build a home gym. I just want to lift again.
aggiespartan
AG
aggie1819 said:

Depends on what you are using it for. They will be fine for bench and squat.

I wouldn't order a Texas Power Bar unless you are prepared to wait. My order is going on 6 weeks and they havent provided any sort of status.

Rogue has been doing grab bags on used bars for cheap. I think they are $198 plus shipping.

I ordered my Fringe Bar for $275 delivered. They had a few returns you might be able to get if you call. They also have the Wonder Bar which is a little cheaper.

American Barbell is another option.
We ordered the all American bar from Texas Power Bar right before the big delays started. At the time, I wanted an Ohio bar, but it was out of stock at Rogue. For what it's worth, I'm really happy with the bar that we got. If you are in DFW, they may be allowing factory pick up now now that restrictions have eased up a little.
Max Power
AG
Decided to suck it up and pre-order a Fringe wonder bar for $250. It's a touch over the $200 I was trying to stay under but frankly I'm tired of checking half a dozen sites twice a day. I figure with the money I saved on my rack and plates $250 is still reasonable. And the $250 includes tax and shipping and not every one of those vendors I keep checking includes shipping in their prices. Still gotta wait for it to show up, but it's paid for.
NoHo Hank
AG
How long until it ships? I bought a bench and rack but need weights and plates.
CFTXAG10
AG
Just a quick tip: If you find something you like check and see if the manufacturer is selling the product on eBay or Amazon under their store name. I have now purchased 2 different items through Amazon that said they were out of stock on the manufacturer website.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I have 2 Capp 35# bumpers I picked up from Academy. If anyone wanted them at cost. $130 for the pair. I am not trying to make a profit. Don't really need to sell them but if anyone needs them they are yours.

They have never been used. My set arrived as soon as I bought them. Pick up in College station or shipped at your expense.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/cap-barbell-2-solid-bumper-plate#repChildCatSku=024424665
Max Power
AG
Just FYI if people are still looking for power racks or squat stands Rogue is showing to have some in stock on their website.

They have a couple of barbells too, but they're over $300 each.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Just lacking plate storage, but gym is finished. Half rack conversion for the squat rack to cover the plate storage is on order. Other than that it is perfect
JoeOlson
AG
Has anyone had any luck finding bars/weights online? It's been an absolute bloodbath everywhere I've looked.

I have a squat rack in the garage, but no bars/weights. I've just been waiting it out for people to sell their home gym equipment and that market is not opening up at all. I'd order directly from Titan/Rogue, etc but they've been constantly sold out.
aggiespartan
AG
JoeOlson said:

Has anyone had any luck finding bars/weights online? It's been an absolute bloodbath everywhere I've looked.

I have a squat rack in the garage, but no bars/weights. I've just been waiting it out for people to sell their home gym equipment and that market is not opening up at all. I'd order directly from Titan/Rogue, etc but they've been constantly sold out.
Check Rogue regularly. They've had them come and go a couple of times.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I bought a bar from Fringe Sport. You can preorder bumpers at Fringe as well. They have free shipping. All of my plates have been delivered but my 45s.

There are some bars available at Rogue. With Rogue you have to sign up for every plate stock check and move fast. I have had some sell out while I am filling out my Credit card info. Hard to get a full set at Rogue without paying crazy freight fees with several different orders.

Sorinex has bars available.
https://www.sorinex.com/collections/barbells
CFTXAG10
AG
aggiespartan said:

JoeOlson said:

Check Rogue regularly. They've had them come and go a couple of times.
This. I got lucky on an echo bar from Rogue back in mid-May. It is set to be delivered tomorrow. It was just lucky timing though. Still waiting on American Barbell to ship my weights....
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Still waiting on my Texas Power Bar I ordered in April. I was lucky Fringe bailed me out.
Max Power
AG
All I have to this day is my power rack. Still pending delivery of my plates and bar. Already setup the rack, and have some horse stall mats down for flooring. I just need the weights, then I'm good to go. You're only real options are to check every site you can daily, or pre-order something and wait.
Max Power
AG
Progress, my 4 10 lb bumper weights arrived today...still waiting on 4 25 lb, 4 45 lb, and my bar. I'm going crazy not getting to lift, I need this stuff to show up this month.
CFTXAG10
AG
Rogue Bar was on my doorstep yesterday. Very exciting. Got a notification my plates were shipped this morning.

(insert its happening .gif)

JeremiahJohnson
AG
Thats a good feeling:

Still waiting on:
Texas Power Bar I ordered 2 months ago
Rack Conversion Kit to convert my squat stand to full rack.
4x 45 bumpers.

I just know all of these will be delivered when we go to Colorado next week.

Still scanning for more weight and a few rack accessories including GHD.
CFTXAG10
AG
Does anybody have an opinion one way or the other on a landmine attachment?

I see one that will fit my rack or I can get a plate insert. TIA.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I am having one delivered from Rogue tomorrow. It attaches to my rack via a pin. I will let ya know how it turns out.
https://www.roguefitness.com/landmines?gclid=Cj0KCQjwrIf3BRD1ARIsAMuugNsHla7k_SBnQ1jpGxf94gfSGCVEc-CbTlCT__lWqnF0A62ZHuh4Vv8aAjLuEALw_wcB
CFTXAG10
AG
Awesome. Appreciate it!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Rogue Hi-Temp (45s) in stock right now - FYI
Prophet00
AG
Finally, my Titan X-3 gets here tomorrow. The only thing left will be getting my Rep AB-5100 in. Rep is supposed to be getting on top of their deliveries this week, so we'll see. Eventually need some change plates, too.

Feels weird not being glued to the Reddit stock thread. Was able to get my Flecks and my Rogue Ohio bar after a long time. I suggest using Distill to set your alarms on stock, it helped me get in on some thing's that go out of stock in minutes, namely bumpers and bars.
jbanda
AG
I have a Rogue R-3 (Westside) and it's everything I will ever need. It's made to order so it's 14-30 days out.

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-r-3-power-rack
Max Power
AG
Just FYI the packaging on my X-3 was garbage, specifically the uprights. There was nothing wrong with them when I got the remnants of the box off, but don't be shocked if it looks ugly coming off the truck. No issue getting it assembled either, all pretty basic stuff. I know I didn't pay for Rogue quality, I was just worried that I made a huge mistake not paying extra, but it looks fine put together.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Came in. It's perfect for my setup. Fits under my safety spotters when running it 45 degrees from rack. Could run it perpendicular from my rack if I remove the safety arms.

CFTXAG10
AG
That's pretty friggin sweet!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.