Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Power Rack Suggs and Reccos

10,651 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Sweet Kitten Feet
jbanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some guys have a man cave. I have a platform and a rack.

bam02
AG
jbanda said:

Some guys have a man cave. I have a platform and a rack.

Very nice!
AggieChemE09
AG
Just finished updating my home gym

JeremiahJohnson
AG
Very nice. Wish I would have ordered the color bumpers. Those was way prettier than my black ones.
TwoMarksHand
AG
How do you bench heavy without safety pins? Do you get someone to spot you at home?
AggieChemE09
AG
I do have some safety bars, just didn't put them on when I took the picture. You can kinda see part of one in the wheel barrel there on the right
Max Power
AG
Got an email from Fringe this morning, my bar is shipping today! Still waiting on the rest of my plates, but getting the bar is HUGE!
CoolaidWade
AG
I built this about six weeks ago. Pretty solid and cheap. Going to use it until it breaks and then buy a regular one since they are coming back in stock.

Prophet00
AG
Finally finished my setup. Took a few months to piecemeal everything together.

NoHo Hank
AG
Rack got delivered early last week and after looking through the boxes, realized they didn't include the bolt kit. Logged into UPS and saw the bolt kit was lost. Week and a half of staring at my unassembled rack and my bolt kit is finally out for delivery today! Looking forward to benching for the first time in 3 months.
NoHo Hank
AG

Bolts arrived! Only thing I'm waiting on now is a dip bar.
10andBOUNCE
AG
You guys are making me question my gym membership. Building a house soon; maybe I need to rethink a space for this.
Max Power
AG
Bar being delivered today, and got notification my 45 lb bumper plates should be delivered next week. Only missing the 25s but I'll be able to get to work next week it's looking like.
aTm2004
AG
All honesty, I had never even had the desire for a home gym, but the house we ended up buying was in a neighborhood where all of the 2 car garages had an extra room on the back. In stead of using it as a shop or storage as many have, the previous owners finished it out (insulation, AC, etc) and used it as a guest suite, so my wife and I decided instead of renewing our gym membership (>$100/mo), we would just buy what we wanted and come out ahead in the long run. It's been awesome being able to walk out there 20 minutes before, turn the AC on, and then go back to a cool room to lift in. I do miss the variety a gym has and the muscle specific machines, but not as much as I thought. I will say I was a lot more focused when I was at a gym, but since my wife and I made the commitment to keep the kids out of there while the other is working out, that has started to change.
Prophet00
AG
Agreed, it's been awesome having a home gym. Despite missing some of the specific equipment (I'm looking at you leg press) the convenience outweighs all of it.

The kids are really interested getting into workouts, so now I need to find a youth bar and some more change plates. Stock is still really low.

I'll also say that the pessimist in me thinks we'll see another sort of lockdown this fall and then having a home gym will be golden at that point.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Finally finished at least for a while. Expanded my squat rack to a full rack. Just waiting on a few more plates and could use another set of j cups. Loving it so far.

10andBOUNCE
AG
Did anyone check out these guys when deciding on a rack?

https://prxperformance.com/
ttha_aggie_09
AG
No but I am probably going to order their wall plate storage mounts. Everything they have looks good.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Yeah. I have watched their videos and was really interested. I am moving soon. I didn't know what my next house would look like, so didn't want to go wall mount. They look great though.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
They look bomb proof.

Max Power
AG
So this week was my first week of full use of the rack, I'm so happy I pulled the trigger. It's been months since my last real workout so I've got a long way to go but I have the tools. I've been getting in a workout over my lunch each day during the week. Working from home all I gotta do is head down into the basement, easy as that. I was able to go and get a squat workout in this morning, great start to the Sunday. It was a good chunk of time and money, but a good investment in my health as I see it. Going to be extra nice when there's snow on the ground outside and I don't have to make a trip to get in some work.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I'm piecemealing together a home gym. I think my son and I are going to end up building our own rack (Buff Dudes style). I'm slowly getting plates. Was able to buy a bar from Rogue the other day. I'm curious about a bench. My son really wants an adjustable bench for incline. I can't find any in stock, but I have found some flat benches in stock. Is it worth waiting for an adjustable?
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Nice. I have been using Buff Dudes lifting plan recently.

Bench selection really depends on what you are looking to do. I went flat bench from Fringe.

Rep Fitness has had benches pop up. This one is in stock. I would buy it fast before they sell out.
https://www.repfitness.com/strength-equipment/strength-training/benches/rep-ab-3100-fi-bench
Potcake
AG

Max Power
AG
Anyone had any luck locating a landline attachment? I've been looking for months and I haven't been able to find one anywhere.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
That's one I've got an in-stock alert for. The page says in-stock when you load it but when you add it to your cart it says out of stock. And with rep I ordered a kettlebell from them on 6/24 and it said expect a 14 day shipping delay. Still hasn't shipped and is now showing out of stock. With the Rogue bar I bought I got my in-stock alert went and bought the bar and it shipped two days later.
NoHo Hank
AG
I asked Rogue about that plus the dip bar attachment back in early June. They said dip bar was 1 month out, and it took 1.5 months to get in stock, but that the landmine attachment had no forecasted in stock date, so they aren't manufacturing them I guess.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I bought a landmine 2 weeks ago. Get on the Rogue stockbot
NoHo Hank
AG
aggie1819 said:

I bought a landmine 2 weeks ago. Get on the Rogue stockbot
Heh, guess that CSR was checked out.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Insulated the garage door. It is 95 degrees outside.
Outside surface of the garage door is 120 degrees with The inside Insulated surface being 90 degrees.

It is only 80 degrees in my garage.

This might be my best addition.

johnson2012
AG
I've been wanting to do that also to make afternoon and evening workouts more bearable. What did you use for insulation? I've been looking into the owens corning kit.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I just used the kit at Lowes.

Also covered the windows with privacy black tint from Gila so that you could not see the insulation through the windows.

I put my thermal on it and only heat I can see is from the seams.
Post removed:
by user
Ragoo
AG
Can you share the bike clips you have on those storage racks? I have one of those racks I would like to hang a couple of bikes from. Thanks!
AggieChemE09
AG
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9PTQ6D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_UGlfFbVRC0Q8P

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0194RL8P0?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.