Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Just got a Peloton bike

462,965 Views | 4208 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by txags92
thirty-two
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wreckt01 said:

Ride #50 today. Still on track to hit 100 this year as planned. Been a rough few months with the wife getting pneumonia but hoping to stay on track.
Congrats! Keep it up!

I did the Guns 'n Roses ride this morning. Fun stuff.
logs10
AG
Just purchased one this weekend, delivery scheduled for Friday. Pretty pumped about this!
_lefraud_
AG
Just ordered one, with kids age 1 and 3, gotta find something that works. I've never done much riding/spinning, so this should be interesting.
lobwedgephil
_lefraud_ said:

Just ordered one, with kids age 1 and 3, gotta find something that works. I've never done much riding/spinning, so this should be interesting.
First few rides will be rough, but it gets much better.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I've been running a bunch and cycling outside. I need to get back on my Peloton soon!
plowe32
AG
Does everyone on the thread still recommended the Peloton?

Im 99% I'm ordering one so someone please PM me your code!
WestAg12
AG
Everyone I've talked to still does. Finally pulled the trigger last weekend and should arrive next week.

Here's my referral code
ZXMFVN
plowe32
AG
Thanks WestAg!
_lefraud_
AG
Loving mine so far. Bike arrived as scheduled but none of the accessories (shoes) shipped because the ear buds were on back order. I contacted Peloton, and ask them to go ahead and ship everything else (mainly shoes). It all arrived in two days.

My ass is hurting, but it'll get better. If anyone plans to purchase, I'll send my code.
Fairview
AG
Just used your code tonight. Thanks.
wreckt01
I still use it a couple times a week, unless the weather is good then I try to get outside. I'll likely use it more this fall/winter. It's expensive in my opinion, but the convenience makes it worth it to me. Good luck
ftaggie09
AG
Just received mine yesterday.

Did a 20 minute beginner ride then a 10 minute scenic ride to adjust some things. Love it so far.

Haven't ridden a bike in years, seats a little sore today but I'm sure it'll get better.

Peloton user is gsprott
hillcountryag86
AG
Does Peloton have "programmed" rides? If I'm not interested in a class at the time or if I want to ride when a class is not available, does the bike have different workouts from which to choose?

And what is a recorded workout? Is it one I would have already ridden?

Thank you.
YellAg2004
AG
Every live ride (or almost every one I think) goes into the library and is categorized by a number of things. You can go into the library and filter down to exactly what you're looking for and can then pick one of the classes that meets your filters.
hillcountryag86
AG
So it's not a personal library? It can be accessed whether I've ridden it before or not?
ftaggie09
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

So it's not a personal library? It can be accessed whether I've ridden it before or not?

They have live and they have on-demand
On-demand is hundreds of rides sorted into catergories. It's like Netflix.
YellAg2004
AG
Correct. You don't have to have previously taken that class/ride to be able to access it in the on-demand section.
hillcountryag86
AG
Thank you.
hillcountryag86
AG
Thank you.
wreckt01
added a few of the new names....
still trying out new instructors, found a few i like, and a few i dislike.

Anyone had issues with the bluetooth heart rate monitor taking a few minutes to start working? Never had the issue until recently, but now it seems idle for the first 3-4 mins of every ride....
ftaggie09
AG
wreckt01 said:

added a few of the new names....
still trying out new instructors, found a few i like, and a few i dislike.

Anyone had issues with the bluetooth heart rate monitor taking a few minutes to start working? Never had the issue until recently, but now it seems idle for the first 3-4 mins of every ride....
Do you think the bluetooth isn't connecting or is it not sensing your heart rate?
If it's the bluetooth not connecting, I have no clue
If you think it's not sensing your heart rate. Dampen the contact area before you put it on.
rebag00
AG
My HR monitor didn't work/show up on screen on Tuesday for the first time in months. Not sure if its a software issue or an issue with my HR monitor. I was wondering about it. Having my HR on screen helps me a lot.
wreckt01
It connects but just shows a steady value of 0 or 60...usually 0. Since I'm fairly sure I'm not dead, I think it's a bug. Gonna dona hard reset and try again this weekend.
wilhunting
AG
Got my Peloton bike delivered Friday...
http://linkedin.com/in/chadjhudson
hillcountryag86
AG
Looking forward to reading your thoughts on it
Alta
AG
Just got my Peloton this week and loving it so far. Quick question - is basically ever ride considered a HIIT workout? I've been doing the 45 minute rides and find I am considerably more tired and sweaty than any 45 minute run I've ever done.
DeLaHonta
AG
The normal rides typically have periods of higher intensity, whether increased cadence and/or resistance, but they're different than the HIIT rides. HIIT rides have defined and repeated periods of higher intensity. Whereas a normal ride might have you increase resistance gradually over time, as though you were going over a hill, HIIT will have, for example, 6 sets of 45 seconds of high intensity, alternating with short periods of low intensity.

That said, all cadences/resistances said by the instructors are suggestions. Once you take a few rides for any particular instructor, you start to get a feel for how you compare to their suggestions. For some instructors, I try and do 10 more resistance than whatever they say, for others, I don't.

The beauty of exercise is that, while they have the leaderboard, you're really competing with yourself, and you can go as hard/light as you want on any given workout. For some normal rides, I'll go all out and be gasping at the end, and on other days, I'll throw on the TV/tablet and just do a constant resistance for a long duration.
MaroonTxAg03
AG
Just ordered a bike for my wife and I to jump start an exercise routine. Like many on this thread life is busy with both is us working and young children. I have a few questions for the veteran riders here though:

-We live in CA so we are on Pacific time. What times (CST) are the live classes during the week? I'd love to be a morning rider if possible.

-I have a mountain bike and lots of ambition of using it someday. The problem is there are actual mountains here, and I lack the required leg strength/endurance to climb said mountains. I hope to build leg strength and endurance in general so that I can train at home and hopefully hit trails on the weekend.

Any recommendations on what kind of approach I should take to train and prepare? I have some spin experience, but for simplicity sake consider me a rookie. Any particular types of class/trainer that you think I might benefit from more than another, or just hop on and ride and it'll work itself out?

Really excited about this investment in to our health!
Fairview
AG
I live in the mountain time zone and don't have any problem finding live classes but there are over 10000 on demand classes and honestly unless you are trying to get a shout out from the instructor there's no difference between live and on demand.
MaroonTxAg03
AG
Nah not worried about the shout outs, but I do have a competitive edge to me. Was thinking the leaderboard might help me push myself. Thanks for the response though.
Fairview
AG
There's still a leaderboard on the on demand stuff so you are covered there.
BQ2001
AG
For those that do the financing, is the monthly membership included in the cost? Or is it an additional $39 a month for that? Thinking of asking for one for Christmas and seeing if people just want to chip in vs getting me stuff I don't want/need.

Side note I ran on the treadmill last night and it was an amazing treadmill. So soft and quiet compared to the Sole I have at home. If it was $4k I may have pulled the trigger. Felt like running on a track and the speed and incline dials were so responsive it almost took me by surprise. Mine take a while to ramp up for 3mph to 6mph and that was almost instant.
DeLaHonta
AG
BQ2001 said:

For those that do the financing, is the monthly membership included in the cost? Or is it an additional $39 a month for that?
The subscription is separate from the financing. I purchased one as a Christmas gift for my in-laws, and was able to prepay for a year's worth of subscription, so you could always have people gift you that in addition to/separate from the bike.

I think we did a group ride together around the airport like 7-8 years ago, if memory serves me right. My usernames on Peloton is: tape251. Add me on there once you get yours all set up.

Also, make sure whoever purchases it uses a referral code. You'll get $100 off accessories, and the person's code you use will get $100 credit at the Peloton Boutique store. Feel free to use mine or anyone else's on this thread, or someone you know personally.

My referral code is: 35MUZJ
Absolute
AG
If you already do Road cycling, are you able to use the shoes you have on the pelaton?
MaroonTxAg03
AG
Depends on which setup you have. The Peloton bikes use the LOOK delta setup.
First Page Last Page
Page 7 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.