90s Defender 110

637 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by AgBQ-00
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
since the small engine for these is typically underpowered and the v8 was iffy at best, how feasible would it be to drop a Ford 300 inline 6 in one? my thinking is it would be a dream marriage between a fantastic chassis and super reliable and properly powerful engine.
I've seen some people are dropping LS engines in them. but I would think that is just way too much.

thoughts?
God loves you so much He'll meet you where you are. He also loves you too much to allow to stay where you are.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
TdoubleH
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have no advice but I love the idea.
purplehayes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunno. I love the 300tdi in my '97 110. Plenty of power. I drive at 75+ pretty easily on the highway. It just takes a minute or 4 to get up to those speeds.
cmiller00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think the straight 6 would be too long to fit in the engine bay at least without significant modulation. Also would have to be really mechanically inclined since no kits, adapters etc.

That's said go for it. Sounds cool.
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
that is my worry. I'm thinking electric fans taking the place of a crank mounted fan would help open up some space. but it's an infant idea right now. so just doing some prelim research
God loves you so much He'll meet you where you are. He also loves you too much to allow to stay where you are.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
cmiller00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't even have one but went down a rabbit hole of watching people put turbos and other performance mods on the 300 on YouTube the other night.
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
so from preliminary looks it seems with a switch to electric fans it would fit almost perfectly
God loves you so much He'll meet you where you are. He also loves you too much to allow to stay where you are.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.